• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The 16/17 season will be one of the toughest title races we have seen in years. I think everyone will strengthen well. The influx of more tactically astute managers will also be interesting to see. I think we'll be in the mix until May.

natural

Established Member
We still need a WC defender to even consider fighting for the title, AW cares about his big salary so he will do better with spending money this summer, but I still think he can't build a team that is strong enough to win the title.

On a side note, seeing Barcelona and Madrid winning the CL with coaches who are not good tactically nor do they have enough experience makes me believe that sometimes you don't need a perfect manager to win titles, if the players step up and find the right chemistry they could go all the way and win titles without the coach's assistance, I hope that the circumstances favour us this year, winning the league/CL seems like a fantasy nowadays.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Vardy to smash a penalty down the middle of the goal at Old Trafford. Giving the ball a proper hiding, full on laces.

3/4th finish, but the expectation is to win the title.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

It's really waaaay too early to say anything about this.

I'll make my predictions September 1st.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I think we'll finish 5th but somehow rip apart Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, sp*rs and Leicester home and away in the league.

I can see us winning against Juve in the CL final and Wenger to announce his retirement in the post-match interview.

Emibury

I think we actually have a great chance this season:

City/United/Chelsea: All have new managers which will make it hard for them to win in the first season. New league for Pep, and quite a lot of re-building for Mourinho in a new club. God knows what is wrong at Chelsea.
Leicester: Likely to lose key players and unlikely to repeat last season.
Liverpool: Top manager with half a season in PL behind him but are too far behind to stand a realistic chance, and they have no Suarez type to get them close.
Arsenal: Consistency of manager, finished 2nd last year, appear to be buying early and in positions we need.
Sp**s: Lol.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Too early to vote. I think we've had an impressive window so far, and it hasn't even opened yet.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I just want to see us challenging for the title, that means being within ****ing striking distance in April, not 10+ points behind the eventual champions.

We haven't even done that for almost a decade.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is a little bad tbf, only 1 win from the corrosponding fixtures last season.

Well yeah we're clearly going to have to improve quite a bit on last season. Thought that was a given. Taken on an individual basis I'd expect to win all those games.

GoonerHart

Honestly I think this season will be the hardest ever and strangely I think that will suite us, with Arsenes consistency. Firstly everyone has money and I think the £1billion spent mark will be hit I'm guessing 1.1billion. But teams are already considered dangerous from last season I feel these are teams that will be seen as big fixtures

Leicester ( at least at the start)
City
United
Sp**s
Liverpool
Everton ( more so if Koeman goes there )
Southampton
Swansea especially away
Stoke at the Britannia
West Ham

So that's legitimately 10 clubs straight away with tough fixtures

I still think we'll finish top 2

Stumped

We still need a WC defender to even consider fighting for the title, AW cares about his big salary so he will do better with spending money this summer, but I still think he can't build a team that is strong enough to win the title.

On a side note, seeing Barcelona and Madrid winning the CL with coaches who are not good tactically nor do they have enough experience makes me believe that sometimes you don't need a perfect manager to win titles, if the players step up and find the right chemistry they could go all the way and win titles without the coach's assistance, I hope that the circumstances favour us this year, winning the league/CL seems like a fantasy nowadays.

Those two have two freaks and surround them with more world class support cast. You're so occupied keeping them in check it opens the path for someone else.

Their domestic competition is very little beyond their own bubble + Atletico. They don't go through so many rigours despite barely rotating because teams give up once they are behind. And knock out football suits them to a tee as overturning them once is achievable but twice very, very hard. AW's tactics were spot-on against Barca but that extra quality they have rendered it useless in one move.

European football will tilt when Messi and Ronaldo retires.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Well yeah we're clearly going to have to improve quite a bit on last season. Thought that was a given. Taken on an individual basis I'd expect to win all those games.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Those of us who think the wily old fox Wenger has still got a punch or two left in his locker, have taken some stick on AM over the last few months.

Lectures about him being tactically simple, not organised, no drills, too much freedom for the players, poor medical staff etc etc have flooded the forum. Read endless posts about how much better Klopp, Ranieri, Mourinho, Pep, and Koeman are (not seen Konte mentioned much), especially for this up and coming season.

If Wenger's that bad, a couple of extra players shouldn't really change things that much. So this voting should be interesting.

Judging by the posts my guess would be in this ball park:
1st 1%
2nd 4%
3rd 5%
4th 10%
Europa 20%
Other 60%

At the moment it's nothing like this - does anyone know why?

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'll just say that I ridicule him a lot and he deserves it for the appalling failings of the season gone by including consistent poor form regarding transfers, tactical decisions, mistreatment of players and favouritism, diabolical defensive organisation- well, whatever there is to managing the football team.

He's a glorified sporting director, speaks plenty of languages and since there is money, if he nails the transfers there can be hope of a good season. I want to see how he shapes the squad and treats the players, the rest of the season should be enough to judge.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom