• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Paris Saint-Germain are also interested in Lacazette but he is reluctant to move to another French club having spent all his career at his hometown club.

Arsenal's interest, though, is far more appealing, especially with the guarantee of Champions League football and a title challenge. It may also be now or never for Lacazette, who can play anywhere across the forward line, to leave to further his career.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...andre-lacazette-offered-new-contract-by-lyon/

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I like Lacazette but does he have the potential to be a tier 1 striker? Not for me, he is at the level of Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck. He does have pace though I suppose.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Paris Saint-Germain are also interested in Lacazette but he is reluctant to move to another French club having spent all his career at his hometown club.

Arsenal's interest, though, is far more appealing, especially with the guarantee of Champions League football and a title challenge. It may also be now or never for Lacazette, who can play anywhere across the forward line, to leave to further his career.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...andre-lacazette-offered-new-contract-by-lyon/
Just about to post this:p

Herein lies the issue:

Wenger knows the dude wants to leave Lyon & Aulas knows Wenger needs a striker. So Wenger is wondering whether Lacazette will agitate for a move the closer it gets to transfer deadline day - he'll try his hardest to get his man at the best price possible. Aulas looks like he's playing hardball - the kicker will be if Lacazette hands in a transfer request.

This one could run for a while - I wonder if Wenger has anyone else on standby IF Aulas won't budge from his 50M Euro stance?

olyon9

I can only says that the first part of the tweet cannot be true for me for the rest I cannot know. Lyon have already give a new contract to Lacazette last year and that was a mess. Aulas e give to the press the amount of money he was offering and said that he cannot offer more to Lacazette. Months lather he regreted:
"I would do things differently because Alexandre did not react as I imagined . I do not think it would shock him as much because I 'm in a business where salaries are posted "
The length of the contract(2019) make sure that Lacazette will leave way before that time so offering a new contract to a player in this situation it is absolutely not Aulas style especially if the last one shoot Lacazette's first 6 months. I am not sure at 100% so you can ignore my post but personnaly at the minute i saw "offering a new contract" something was really wrong for me. Lacazette don't trust Aulas about contract anymore(only that fortunately) so Aulas will be dumb to offer him a new contract. Sorry for always give information that you don't want about him but I just tell my thruth.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Walcott and Welbeck? Disgusting post.

Both have looked extremely competent at International level and for United at least Welbeck has some big performances in Europe. I'd expect both to stand out in the French league.

Calm down dear.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Both have looked extremely competent at International level and for United at least Welbeck has some big performances in Europe. I'd expect both to stand out in the French league.

Calm down dear.

International level - where 80% of national teams are worse then second french league teams...

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Thing is everyone bangs on about tier 1, elite striker that isnt what we upmost need. Basically we need someone who can finish and with a turn of pace. Basically a theo with a brain who can finish. Is lacazette that? maybe. Right now hes the only legit target we have pay the money and win the league and get the return from it!

carlito'sway

Established Member
The longer this thing last, the harder it will be to get Lacazette. Not to mention the more expensive.
The situation now is that Lacazette is the only recognizable/ first team CF at OL. I was secretly hoping they would grab Roger Martinez or Ben Yedder, hence opening the door for his departure. It did not happen.
These guys at OL are not suicidal, so unless they get an offer they can't refuse (60 M and up) AND have a back up option they can buy right away before the market closes, I can't see this happening.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't feel right about making players push for a move, surely ours and his mutual interest should be enough.

We've been victims of teams unsettling our players for so long, I might be naive but I wouldn't like us doing that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

76 goals in 3 seasons and we have people turning their nose up at him?

People bum the hell out aubameyang and he scored 39 in 2 seasons in the French league.
And Aubamayang is just as limited (if not more) than Lacazette in all honesty. Those who watch him enough will know that.

redanddread

Don't feel right about making players push for a move, surely ours and his mutual interest should be enough.

We've been victims of teams unsettling our players for so long, I might be naive but I wouldn't like us doing that.
:rolleyes::eek:ops:eek:_O

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We'll probably go back in for him near deadline day but at that point Lyon will want an extra 10M, so we'll come up empty.

redanddread

76 goals in 3 seasons and we have people turning their nose up at him?

People bum the hell out aubameyang and he scored 39 in 2 seasons in the French league.
I remember some Brazilian from the Dutch league who had scored a TON of goals before a "big" money move to Middlesbrough a decade ago - turned out he was a big flop in the EPL. Don't think that would be the case with Lacazette but the French League is nowhere near as tough as the EPL although there are a ton of good players there. You do wonder why Lacazette hasn't been scooped up by any of the really big boys, if he is that good. I still think he'd do a job for us though and compliment our stable of strikers.

redanddread

:mad:

Is it worth getting a player to alienate his hometown club and fanbase for the sake of a few million?

From a business standpoint yes, from a moral one I don't think so.
If you're looking for morals don't watch pro sports! Actually we're not as bad as many but it's a negotiation and both parties want the best possible outcome - it may come to Lacazette handing in a transfer request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom