• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Özil doesn't control the game, he's never actually done that.

Needs to be switched to the wing.

Coquelin Xhaka
Lucas Cazorla Özil
Sanchez

Sanchez and Lucas are interchangeable.

He doesn't offer enough in defence Monreal will be exposed and he already looks shaky this season I'm sure he's still having nightmares of serge aurier.

I'm saying this now if Chelsea press us and get in our faces Özil will go missing, he's a luxury player that plays well when the team are doing well.

silent_shadow

Established Member
He's just been off so far. Can't blame the formation for his dip. He's missed passes he should be making from anywhere and his first touch has been rusty. He'll come back of course.

Don't think it'll happen but I wonder if part of Wenger isn't considering Xhaka/Elneny-Coquelin with Cazorla in front for Chelsea.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
He's been bad since the international break, but he's still vital to having a more fluid front line, and it's only a matter of time before he gets back to his best. One of the few players in the team, along with Walcott, who offers any sort of movement and ability to run between defenders.

Although it's now the best time for * to get their jibes in until they disappear from this thread when Özil gets back to form.

BobP

Memri Fan
He doesn't offer enough in defence Monreal will be exposed and he already looks shaky this season I'm sure he's still having nightmares of serge aurier.

I'm saying this now if Chelsea press us and get in our faces Özil will go missing, he's a luxury player that plays well when the team are doing well.

I'd prefer to have a player who is a defensive liability on the wing rather than have opposition players literally walk through our central midfield.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I remember when people were blaming his poor form on Giroud. Good times. Özil's not in bad form. He's playing exactly how he normally does - just without the assists to pad his record.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I remember when people were blaming his poor form on Giroud. Good times. Özil's not in bad form. He's playing exactly how he normally does - just without the assists to pad his record.
LOL yes that's why his bad touches and passes are so noticable and subject to discussion right now... he always does that... oh wait.

logic DC

all the Mesut haters enjoying his bad spell. Özil is in terrible form rn and people are out here claiming he always plays like this the only thing which saves him are assists, clearly they don't watch Arsenal enough. also plenty times last year I remember him controlling games. I just don't get why some people would be happy at the fact that our most important player is in a slump than claim to be fans.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He always has a slower start but lucky for us some other guys stepped up as he slowly regains the form.

I am just tempted to leave him on the bench for Chelsea because the big teama usually succesfully exploit his absence through the middle.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

I still think its the formation bothering him. For the third goal, it should've been Özil in Sanchez's position instead he was somewhere to the left. He probably woulda played a better ball to Walcott as well, resulting in a goal at the first time of asking. His only other poor patch of form at Arsenal was when he was shunted to the right to accomodate Wilshere-Ramsey in the starting lineup.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Watching the full match last night, Özil wasn't as bad as I'd read but he was sloppy in his simple passes. The problem is that he doesn't impose himself on a match. He's very passive all over the pitch. Walcott wasn't world class yesterday but he worked hard and you noticed he was there. Özil needs to be physically stronger and show a hunger for goals. His body language is never good but it gives an opponent hope seeing a "depressed" looking player with no oomph. I world tale a risk and bench him for Chelsea. I'd stick Gibbs out LW-at one point he was assisting Sanchez more than anyone. It will also give Monreal some cover.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

we tried that actually at the start of the season. our attack turns into **** when he is absent.

he's been below his standards, but we need him badly in whatever form he is.
Against Liverpool we were outstanding in the first half and could have been two or three up. Second half our defence let us down and we still managed two goals.the next game was away to the league champions and we drew nil nil.

I'm not really sure what difference Özil would have made aside from maybe blazing one over the bar from five yards. That's tongue in cheek by the way. I've always viewed Özil as a luxury signing when we had Cazorla, Ramsey and Wilshere while having Giroud up front. Still stick by that. Wrong signing at the wrong time. Neat and pretty but not always effective.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Impressive stats but it's about effectiveness. Did those passes lead to an assist or play us out of trouble? I like Özil but we need someone different sometimes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Pretty busy for a tired passenger.

Tbf, that both proves and disproves nothing. And how could it? As for making a billion passes... Well, making passes firstly relies heavily on receiving the ball. We had plenty of it yesterday, so it stands to reason that our most creative player is going to see more than usual and get rid of it somewhere.

Personally, I don't think he looks tired; the odd ***** might do (I jest, I jest!!!). 'Passenger' is just a throwaway comment, usually said when a player doesn't deliver anywhere near what he's capable off, usually by his own standards. But I suspect there might be a few definitions.

No arguing he has been poor though. But as long as we're winning, his good form can be something we can all hopefully look forward to.

I also think there's a certain amount of truth in his assists masking very average to pretty limp performances in the past. But I also understand that lots of us are quite sensitive to the press getting on his back, so often go to lengths to defend him, only seeing the assist and ignoring the performance. Walcott gets it the other way around :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom