• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

so he stays then even if he cant give us anymore trophies? Or even if his tactics are outdated. Say what u will about sir alex fergie, he love man united enough to know that he couldnt keep winning after a while and that the club would be better off without him in the future. So you are basically saying that because we owe Arsène a lot that we should be happy for him to stay for more years despite him showung that he is unwilling to change or adapt. Where is his love for the club, if he love arsenal more than his legacy then he would step down. By the way as a fan i dont see the benefits of the stability he brought, we lost trophies and the owners got more profits. What did we gain.
Read the post again. Not the subject matter, is it? I'm not going to respond to your arguments, you post like an eight year old, and tbh that would explain your point of view.

For the record, my opinion is that he should stay, because of what he meant for and stil means as part of the great Arsenal. I hope he can go out with a title, with something meaningful, the way he deserves to. That would make the tale complete for me and I'm willing to risk one or more trophyless seasons for that.

Hunter Zolomon

Read the post again. Not the subject matter, is it? I'm not going to respond to your arguments, you post like an eight year old, and tbh that would explain your point of view.

For the record, my opinion is that he should stay, because of what he meant for and stil means as part of the great Arsenal. I hope he can go out with a title, with something meaningful, the way he deserves to. That would make the tale complete for me and I'm willing to risk one or more trophyless seasons for that.
Dont you think that we have had enough trophyless seasons? Havent we given him enough time to go out with a title. Btw i am typing on crappy phone with a small screen and a broken thumb. Which explains the short temper and lack of adequate paragraphs and or punctuation.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
I don't see how Wenger moving upstairs would be a great thing. Other than having a football brain on BOD, it serves no purpose as he is just a yes man to Kronke and son.
Nothing will change.

He's either in or out. I don't see him going.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I don't see how Wenger moving upstairs would be a great thing. Other than having a football brain on BOD, it serves no purpose as he is just a yes man to Kronke and son.
Nothing will change.

He's either in or out. I don't see him going.
It would be a terrible thing, I doubt a top manager is going to come in and have the former manager still lingering on at the club.

Godwin1

Very well-known

You think he can still deliver a title? I don't think many who advocate Wenger staying on truly believe that after last season. A European title is undoubtedly off the table. Whats an acceptable time frame for him to win something do you think?

Godwin1

Very well-known
I think it would be brilliant idea to still have Wenger at the club!

Probably many upcoming managers who would love to learn from him!
Well we're Arsenal not a stepping stone club where managers come to get experience. And I can't remember a successful club keeping their old manager on to mentor a new one.

Wenger's methods are ingrained in Arsenal anyway, from the top to the bottom. It's going to take a strong willed manager to break that and take the club to the next level.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Top managers you'll notice do things their way. Wenger used to be a top manager and while he's waned during the last few year he wouldn't dream of letting someone else tell him how to manage ffs.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think it would be brilliant idea to still have Wenger at the club!

Probably many upcoming managers who would love to learn from him!

I hope he stays until either @GDeep™, @Makingtrax or myself can get our coaching badges done, learn from him and eventually take over and start our own dynasty. Maybe we could do it as a trio.

blaise

So there are still people who think Kroenke will bring top manager, you should check who he brought to Rams (who are his biggest asset now) after playing in news with some top names just so fans think he wants a top name. We ll be lucky if Wenger picks our next manager.

I agree that calibres of Simeone, Klopp couldnt stand Wenger over their shoulder, but we arent briniging them. If we are bringing some it will be someone who still needs to learn.(basically you ve got at least two more year of excuses why we are still behind as a benefit of this for the owner).

Godwin1

Very well-known
So there are still people who think Kroenke will bring top manager, you should check who he brought to Rams (who are his biggest asset now) after playing in news with some top names just so fans think he wants a top name. We ll be lucky if Wenger picks our next manager.

I agree that calibres of Simeone, Klopp couldnt stand Wenger over their shoulder, but we arent briniging them. If we are bringing some it will be someone who still needs to learn.(basically you ve got at least two more year of excuses why we are still behind as a benefit of this for the owner).
Yeah I get that, not massively optimistic as to who Kroenke decides to bring in, but I just can't see a self respecting manager come in as basically an apprentice let alone a top manager.

blaise

I wonder what would happen here on forum if we beat Chelsea. Only after that game we can say we are out of or in the title race.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You think he can still deliver a title? I don't think many who advocate Wenger staying on truly believe that after last season. A European title is undoubtedly off the table. Whats an acceptable time frame for him to win something do you think?
Honestly? Not really. Last season is exactly the reason for me doubting him. However people try to spin it, second place last season was progress in the absolute sense but it was failure none the less. There are no guarantees in football, but we could have damn well improved our chances by signing an outfield player or two in the summer. But we didn't. And the summer after we spent, around 100 million euros or something? That's admitting you dropped the ball last summer, no two ways about it.

This league is damn difficult. If you want to win it, you'll have to have a plan, or you'll have to fluke it like Leicester did. Maybe Wenger has grown a bit soft over the strapped for cash decade. Maybe he's lost his touch a bit. Ultimately nothing is impossible in football, and I would gladly waste another one or two seasons after this one if it gave Wenger the chance to go out the right way. The league would be the prefered option, but I'd take a nice FA cup, a deep run in Europe and a real title race. Just a good season that shows us the potential of this club. He's done so much you know, he will leave this club ready for the next 25 years after him, to be competitive. And he won't do it like Sir Alex did either, the squad he leaves behind will be filled with young talent and good players, a ready made bed for the next manager.

OShea's2010

By a title, I presume you mean premier league or champs league. still can't believe people think we're capable with Wenger at the helm. with Klopp, Conte, Mourinho, pep when he spends, Poch. We've got no chance, it will be a complete waste of 2 seasons.

OShea's2010

Honestly? Not really. Last season is exactly the reason for me doubting him. However people try to spin it, second place last season was progress in the absolute sense but it was failure none the less. There are no guarantees in football, but we could have damn well improved our chances by signing an outfield player or two in the summer. But we didn't. And the summer after we spent, around 100 million euros or something? That's admitting you dropped the ball last summer, no two ways about it.

This league is damn difficult. If you want to win it, you'll have to have a plan, or you'll have to fluke it like Leicester did. Maybe Wenger has grown a bit soft over the strapped for cash decade. Maybe he's lost his touch a bit. Ultimately nothing is impossible in football, and I would gladly waste another one or two seasons after this one if it gave Wenger the chance to go out the right way. The league would be the prefered option, but I'd take a nice FA cup, a deep run in Europe and a real title race. Just a good season that shows us the potential of this club. He's done so much you know, he will leave this club ready for the next 25 years after him, to be competitive. And he won't do it like Sir Alex did either, the squad he leaves behind will be filled with young talent and good players, a ready made bed for the next manager.
Ok, just waste another two years of Sanchez and Ozils careers, while Wenger continues to muddle through. What about getting a new manager in while these two are at their peak, why waste time?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I hope he stays until either @GDeep™, @Makingtrax or myself can get our coaching badges done, learn from him and eventually take over and start our own dynasty. Maybe we could do it as a trio.
Great idea . . . . wait we'll only half the money to spend on players as the rich 3 teams and be called clueless idiots if we don't beat them.

Might need to rethink this mate :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah I get that, not massively optimistic as to who Kroenke decides to bring in, but I just can't see a self respecting manager come in as basically an apprentice let alone a top manager.
Agree with that, but it could work if it was a previous Arsenal great like Vieira, still learning, and working with Arsène for a year.

Look at United, they could have adopted that model with SAF and Giggs. But instead chose to waste millions on players and managers to finish below the top 4.

jaesyn

Agree with that, but it could work if it was a previous Arsenal great like Vieira, still learning, and working with Arsène for a year.

Look at United, they could have adopted that model with SAF and Giggs. But instead chose to waste millions on players and managers to finish below the top 4.

What a missed opportunity! It would have been a glorious disaster for United. Mr. Eight Year Affair with His Brother's Wife managing a Utd team in the twitter age :lol::bounce:

Giggs is the least fit to ever be a leader. How can anyone follow gutter trash?

scytheavatar

Established Member
I wonder what would happen here on forum if we beat Chelsea. Only after that game we can say we are out of or in the title race.

Look at what happened last season, we beat Leceister and we still finished 10 points behind them. Chelsea is not going to drop a lot of points this season, and we are going to have to win almost all of our remaining games to bridge that 8 points gap. Do you seriously think our current team is capable of doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom