• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

Watching Bellerin play last Saturday I could help thinking is he taking giant strides towards fulfilling his immense potential? Is he improving both defensively and offensively. Part of me tells me not as fast as we would like to think.

Most of us love the boy so much we would happily turn a blind eye. Considering he spends so much time flying forward, his numbers are not that impressive. He needs to start weighing in with goals and assists. Right now opposition wingers don't bother to track because firstly they can't keep up with him, secondly, he doesn't cause much damage to justify the effort.

Watching him and Gibs pick up some worryingly high positions when the ball was with our not so good at kicking goalie made wonder if his defensive awareness has improved since his breakthrough season. You would expect them to work in tandem, one goes the other stays just in case play breaks down.

There was an incident in the game where both him and Theo were chasing after a long ball. Common sense would have said one stays behind just in case opposition defender heads the ball clear, pick up the pieces and attack again.

The boy would benefit from detailed micromanagement in my opinion.

Watching Bellerin play last Saturday I could help thinking is he taking giant strides towards fulfilling his immense potential? Is he improving both defensively and offensively. Part of me tells me not as fast as we would like to think.

Most of us love the boy so much we would happily turn a blind eye. Considering he spends so much time flying forward, his numbers are not that impressive. He needs to start weighing in with goals and assists. Right now opposition wingers don't bother to track because firstly they can't keep up with him, secondly, he doesn't cause much damage to justify the effort.

Watching him and Gibs pick up some worryingly high positions when the ball was with our not so good at kicking goalie made wonder if his defensive awareness has improved since his breakthrough season. You would expect them to work in tandem, one goes the other stays just in case play breaks down.

There was an incident in the game where both him and Theo were chasing after a long ball. Common sense would have said one stays behind just in case opposition defender heads the ball clear, pick up the pieces and attack again.

The boy would benefit from detailed micromanagement in my opinion.

Our full backs are this high up the pitch because of instructions not because they are stupid. This will change with new manager.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Bellerin is a good player, one of the better RB's in the division.

But he's definitely overrated on here(shock! all these great players yet we do nothing every year). Would like to see him toughen up a bit, show a bit more in challenges. Team needs more character.

arsmile

Established Member
his improvements and developments he made in the first year of breaking into team were immense

he's be due a bit of a plateau to be honest.

but even so I think he's been one of our best players and has also been pretty consistently playing with knocks and injuries this season

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Nor are Jenks or Debuchy. I actually think Maitland-Niles is probably closer competition right now.
Debuchy was great when he first arrived. Seems a motivational issue now.

Could never understand how their salaries are not motivation enough, mind you.

cloista

Debuchy was decent, never 'great'. But then my standards are very high having grown up on Dixon and then Lauren.

Xhaka Zulu

The guardian reporting that Bellerin would consider a move to barca if Wenger was to leave at end of the season. Not sure what to make of this, but all these reports of players possibly leaving if Wenger does are not very reassuring. The club is supposed to be bigger than the manager.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...arcelona-move-if-Arsène-wenger-leaves-arsenal

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Oh for god sake Özil Bellerin Alexis and Wenger in one summer is really unfair.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can understand Bellerin leaving us if Wenger left wenger is the guy who give Bellerin the chance and made him one of best right backs in PL.

Xhaka Zulu

Oh for god sake Özil Bellerin Alexis and Wenger in one summer is really unfair.

Don't think we would have to worry about bellerin leaving just yet. He just signed a 6 yr deal and I'm assuming the club wouldn't be stupid enough to sell him. Would be a case of appointing a good manager capable of convincing him to stay (with good results or otherwise).

Preacher

Always Crying
I'm sure, if Arsenal will hire competent Wenger's replacement, we will have very good chances to keep our best players.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sell him if any of it is true.

Get another £50m to go with the £100m we'll get from Alexis and Özil.

Buy Mbappe.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sure he wont be the only one with his eyes on a move when Wenger exits. Its a strange concept being loyal to the club after the individuals you are close to move on.

If you can get more money & play in a world class team like Barcelona go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom