• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

mm76

Yer Da
Chelsea - 86
Arsenal - 82
Man City - 80
Sp**s - 77
United - 75
Liverpool - 69

I can foresee us having a good run in but our failings mid season will ultimately mean Chelsea will pip us to the title like in 2015.

i think a lot of people completed this wearing red-tinted spectacles - you've massively underrated Tottensh*te for a start - we may - er, sorry DO - hate them but the way the're playing atm it's hard to see where they drop any points - certainly not in the derby which will be a nightmare for us i think - probably 5-0 with Xhaka and Coq given reds i shouldn't wonder...

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
i think a lot of people completed this wearing red-tinted spectacles - you've massively underrated Tottensh*te for a start - we may - er, sorry DO - hate them but the way the're playing atm it's hard to see where they drop any points - certainly not in the derby which will be a nightmare for us i think - probably 5-0 with Xhaka and Coq given reds i shouldn't wonder...

Tottenham always bottle it at this stage, never fear them!

I'm beginning to warm up to the idea of finishing out of the top 4. It improves the likelihood of Wenger leaving, and we would actually have a chance of winning the Europa League. I'm sorry, but I'm sick of getting embarrassed every year in CL, while I secretly know we have no hope of winning it.

It might make it harder for us to buy top players during the summer, but then again, drastic change is needed. We can't go on like this anymore.

Prawn Sandwich

The excuses and explanations for finishing below Sp**s, should that happen, will be crushing.

Ever allowing/accepting standards to drop to such a level will be a very sad day. There is no comparable between the clubs which can justify such a situation: It is a failure if they finish above Arsenal. It shows regression by us. That requires a change at management level to rectify.

FinnGooner

Established Member
This is the first season I feel like we're more likely to finish outside top 4 than get in. I don't really give a **** about the top 4 though as long as we finish low enough to avoid the Europa league. In fact, our best chance to challenge for the PL title is to get rid of Europan competition and go all in domestically. The CL participation is a joke anyways because we never challenge, not even seemingly. And now with the new TV deal, kit deal etc., we really don't need the CL money as badly either. I really don't get why any Arsenal fan would get excited about the face for top 4 anymore. I'm glad if we finish sixth. At least the club would be in a new situation. Finally there would be some excitement

sammy89

We've lost resoundingly to all our competitors for top 4. I'd say the top 4 is down to Alexis being up for the fight at this point. Very similar to van Persie's last season. I'd bet money on Alexis coming out with a scathing public statement in the next few weeks and going to one of our English rivals too.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

This is the first season I feel like we're more likely to finish outside top 4 than get in. I don't really give a **** about the top 4 though as long as we finish low enough to avoid the Europa league. In fact, our best chance to challenge for the PL title is to get rid of Europan competition and go all in domestically. The CL participation is a joke anyways because we never challenge, not even seemingly. And now with the new TV deal, kit deal etc., we really don't need the CL money as badly either. I really don't get why any Arsenal fan would get excited about the face for top 4 anymore. I'm glad if we finish sixth. At least the club would be in a new situation. Finally there would be some excitement

We had 12 days to prepare for the Liverpool game - not having CL ain't go do **** for us with Wenger in charge.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Shows how bad the league has been this year when we we're only 2pts behind Liverpool with a game in hand and 3pts behind Sp**s.

City will be 5pts ahead if they win today but they've only played Sp**s twice out of the other top 5.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This will be the year we finish below Sp**s. I know noone dares believe it but I can see it happening. They will take credit for Wenger going.

Shows how bad the league has been this year when we we're only 2pts behind Liverpool with a game in hand and 3pts behind Sp**s.

Feels like we are having our worst season in ages given everything... Then you have some praising Sp**s and Liverpool how good they been this season.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
This will be the year we finish below Sp**s. I know noone dares believe it but I can see it happening. They will take credit for Wenger going.

I don't even care anymore, I'm fine with whatever it takes to bring about some change.

OSBK

Established Member
I'm beginning to warm up to the idea of finishing out of the top 4. It improves the likelihood of Wenger leaving, and we would actually have a chance of winning the Europa League. I'm sorry, but I'm sick of getting embarrassed every year in CL, while I secretly know we have no hope of winning it.

It might make it harder for us to buy top players during the summer, but then again, drastic change is needed. We can't go on like this anymore.

Embarrassment is getting beat by the dog and duck or losing to a average liverpool side. Playing barcelona or bayern munich and losing to them in the elite competition in europe is not embarrassing. If this was monaco or porto or someone like that then yeah frustrated. But we are playing one of the top 5 sides in europe or the world.

The boys will put in a performance on tuesday. Win or lose we played the best.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We are now 5 points behind Man City who also have a game in hand. Man United are only 1 point behind us with a game in hand as well.

C6LE3bcWcAADkN_.jpg:large

Top Bottom