• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
That Cech thread is a real ****ing goldmine btw :lol: A tragic story of hope and sorrow. It all started out so promising. I mean look at poor @Jury ffs:

1167092b51.png

Little did he know Wenger would utterly crush his spirits and give him the most shambolic transfer window in recent memory :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The close season started out so promising. Xhaka through the doors early,heavily in for the Premier League Champions main striker. Then it slowly started to turn. No Deal. Wait until the Euros are finished. Injuries, players returning late. No deals done and positions needed filled. An inexperienced defence ripped to shreds and then a draw against the holders. Fast forward bit of momentum, a crumble, tanked out of Europe and a capitulation followed by a late resurgence

Last season was just another example of the epic let down only Arsenal are capable of delivering. Gotta give us credit we've done it on a consistent basis.

Tediously predictable.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
And what trumps that is the much greater difference in impact between some people sitting and watching the match who have absolutely no impact on the outcome and a group of adults playing who do. It's a funny game played by Wenger and the sheep who follow him. The supporters apparently aren't important enough to show respect to or have a voice in what goes on at their club but they're somehow simultaneously so important that their dissatisfaction can make adults fail at their job. Truly amazing logic there. Some pieces of paper and angry words that you really shouldn't see or hear if you're actually focusing on your job like a professional are apparently enough to make full grown men collapse like a house of cards. That's really what you believe eh? Please don't breed then. There are enough useless, terrified, sniveling worms on earth already. We don't need anymore.

So which one do you choose?

(a) The fans have no impact on the outcome of the results?
(b) The fans are important for results?

If it is (a) then the fans take no responsibility whatsoever and the people who do (the players, manager, etc) would be very sensible to ignore fan protests.

If it is (b) then the fans are culpable for the results.

Or are you doing what most people do on this forum and opting for

(c) The fans are important when the club wins, but not to blame when they lose.

The classic "have your cake and eat it" stance of most fans. Even ones who then create a straw man of the points made by someone who criticises them and then have the cheek to question that person's grasp of logic.

Last edited:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
This guy is still trying to blame the fans for the 5th place finish? Mind boggling..

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
So which one do you choose?

(a) The fans have no impact on the outcome of the results?
(b) The fans are important for results?

If it is (a) then the fans take no responsibility whatsoever and the people who do (the players, manager, etc) would be very sensible to ignore fan protests.

If it is (b) then the fans are culpable for the results.

Or are you doing what most people do on this forum and opting for

(c) The fans are important when the club wins, but not to blame when they lose.

The classic "have your cake and eat it" stance of most fans. Even ones who then create a straw man of the points made by someone who criticises them and then has the cheek to question that person's grasp of logic.
You really are a *****. Apologies to the mods but I cannot help myself in this instance. You are an idiot. Neither A nor B nor C are true. What the fans impact is the existence of a club. You can't have a club without supporters. Money doesn't just fall from the sky. If nobody bought Arsenal merchandise or went to the Emirates there would be no Arsenal FC.

Nobody in the stands can kick a f*cking ball for the players whose job it is to kick the ball. It doesn't matter how much I love Arsenal or where in the Emirates I sit. I can sing my heart out. I can't help Ramsey control the ball. I can't give Theo a brain. I can't make Giroud run if he doesn't want to. I can't help Wenger tactically. What I can do is create demand for the product that is Arsenal and then support that demand by buying a ticket, buying merchandise, watching on television(because ratings are where the tv revenue comes from) etc. Then like in every other business I can give feedback on the quality of the product I am paying to watch. A 5 year old could follow this but you're apparently too stupid to.

No supporter has any impact in what happens on the field but supporters do enable the sport as it exists. If 60k people didn't want to put their asses in the seats and however many million people didn't want to tune in each week there would be no 9 million pounds sterling a year for Wenger. He'd be a failed economist somewhere. So when I hear that someone can't do their job because of some paper and a bit of noise I'm sorry no that's bullsh*t. If I came to your job and yelled that you suck from 200 feet away or held up a sign saying that you should go I doubt your boss or anyone who is paying for your productivity would see that as a justification for you to go to pieces. You'd be in some trouble because that's a gutless, cowardly excuse that ignores your shortcomings ie focus and commitment. I haven't created anything resembling a strawman. You've done so twice and I've shredded your pathetic argument twice. All you've actually achieved is showing people that you legitimately don't understand life at the most basic level let alone football.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Can't even answer a simple question. Not exactly the greatest forum contribution.

No need. You've been at your blaming the fans lost cause for a couple of weeks now.

It's very difficult to respond without being mean because you're obviously trolling.

Rocky

You really are a *****. Apologies to the mods but I cannot help myself in this instance. You are an idiot. Neither A nor B nor C are true. What the fans impact is the existence of a club. You can't have a club without supporters. Money doesn't just fall from the sky. If nobody bought Arsenal merchandise or went to the Emirates there would be no Arsenal FC.

Nobody in the stands can kick a f*cking ball for the players whose job it is to kick the ball. It doesn't matter how much I love Arsenal or where in the Emirates I sit. I can sing my heart out. I can't help Ramsey control the ball. I can't give Theo a brain. I can't make Giroud run if he doesn't want to. I can't help Wenger tactically. What I can do is create demand for the product that is Arsenal and then support that demand by buying a ticket, buying merchandise, watching on television(because ratings are where the tv revenue comes from) etc. Then like in every other business I can give feedback on the quality of the product I am paying to watch. A 5 year old could follow this but you're apparently too stupid to.

No supporter has any impact in what happens on the field but supporters do enable the sport as it exists. If 60k people didn't want to put their asses in the seats and however many million people didn't want to tune in each week there would be no 9 million pounds sterling a year for Wenger. He'd be a failed economist somewhere. So when I hear that someone can't do their job because of some paper and a bit of noise I'm sorry no that's bullsh*t. If I came to your job and yelled that you suck from 200 feet away or held up a sign saying that you should go I doubt your boss or anyone who is paying for your productivity would see that as a justification for you to go to pieces. You'd be in some trouble because that's a gutless, cowardly excuse that ignores your shortcomings ie focus and commitment. I haven't created anything resembling a strawman. You've done so twice and I've shredded your pathetic argument twice. All you've actually achieved is showing people that you legitimately don't understand life at the most basic level let alone football.

Your argument is fundamentally flawed in terms of logic. On the one hand you say that the club would not exist without your funding (and if the club didn't exist, then it would have worse results so that supports b above).

On the other hand you say that you can't do anything to assist play (which supports a), because you are less able to play football or manage a football team than the people in those positions who you (being worse than them) hypocritically criticise.

That is the perverse logic by which you reach your self-serving conclusion of (c) "The fans are important when the club wins, but not to blame when they lose".

You show up your poor intellect with a ridiculous scenario where my employers deem it acceptable for me to be psychologically abused at work. Something which anyone with basic knowledge would be aware is harassment and would be dealt with as a serious legal matter.

Overall this is the reasoning and cowardice of an infant. Your abusive response where you've thrown your toys out of the pram shows your inability to deal with being confronted with the truth and with your own fragile emotions.

Rocky

No need. You've been at your blaming the fans lost cause for a couple of weeks now.

It's very difficult to respond without being mean because you're obviously trolling.

The points I've made have been true for that entire period and thankfully now the most successful manager in the history of the club has called it out. And Ian Wright said he needs more support on Match Of The Day too.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

The points you've made are embarrassingly off the mark it's sad. The protesting fans are such a small minority of the fan base. So, what's your reasoning for why the majority of fans supporting Wenger and the club still caused them to fail reaching the top 4?

Rocky

The points you've made are embarrassingly off the mark it's sad. The protesting fans are such a small minority of the fan base. So, what's your reasoning for why the majority of fans supporting Wenger and the club still caused them to fail reaching the top 4?

I don't agree that it's a small minority. Regardless, I don't agree that a minority percentage of protesters doesn't have a negative psychological impact on the atmosphere, the other fans, and the club staff.

The only time other clubs get protests are when the club is dropping like a stone. These fans have been impatient for so long that they feel entitled to start as soon as the title is gone, off the back of the first poor result. That came early this year because Chelsea won 13 in a row. Plenty of time to drag 2 or more points out of the club.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Your blindness is your business then. There is no reason to try and convince a Sp**s fan otherwise. You're not worth the effort.

Rocky

Your blindness is your business then. There is no reason to try and convince a Sp**s fan otherwise. You're not worth the effort.

Ok well stop commenting on my points then and go off to continue crying like a baby about the results you don't like.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That Cech thread is a real ****ing goldmine btw :lol: A tragic story of hope and sorrow. It all started out so promising. I mean look at poor @Jury ffs:

1167092b51.png

Little did he know Wenger would utterly crush his spirits and give him the most shambolic transfer window in recent memory :lol:
Well found. Nobody can accuse me of always being a hopelessly negative ****. A lot of us tried. We were battered into submission. Over and over a-fvcking-gain.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom