• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yato

Would take Rafinha, but I'd prefer we try for Matić first, prices are similar and both players will certainly leave their clubs.

Yato

According to transfermarkt he is still injured and expected to be back in action on august 3.

This is hella risky, another injury prone midfielder..no Barca, if you think you will get Bellerin next season with this move, **** off then.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I guess Ballague told them that the fraud

Don't know if there's anything in this or not, but I fail to understand why anyone who thinks Arsenal needs to sign a CM would be against it. He's exactly the sort that would fit Arsenal: very good defender, great passer, excellent with the ball at his feet, loves to dribble and make runs. Pretty much checks all the boxes. He just happens to play in a team with Iniesta and Rakitic, so he's not in the lineup every single game. Still young at 24, so room to grow. Coming off knee surgery, but back in training. What's not to like?

Yato

No way should we be signing Matic, especially with Xhaka as a 1st choice midfielder. Opposite of the kind of player we need in midfield.

Well I personally think we need another " breaker " in the midfield since Xhaka is I won't say bad..but not good enough for now as our DMF.

We always need classic DMF but Wenger takes a huge piss on that position, we need one since Vieira.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Well I personally think we need another " breaker " in the midfield since Xhaka is I won't say bad..but not good enough for now as our DMF.

We always need classic DMF but Wenger takes a huge piss on that position, we need one since Vieira.
Matic is not the guy.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
No way should we be signing Matic, especially with Xhaka as a 1st choice midfielder. Opposite of the kind of player we need in midfield.

I'd like to have Matic because of his defensive abilities (and I think other aspects of his game are being underrated), but Rafinha would bring much more offensively and is only 24. But I'm sure Chelsea wouldn't sell him to Arsenal anyway unless it was part of that highly-unlikely swap deal that was being rumored last week.

Yato

Matić is class imo.

He won the league two times, plus he can deepen our roster at CM since 90% chances are that Xhaka will get red cards, and Ramsey will get injured a lot.

You wouldn't take Matić for a backup? The dude can even make our 1st team without any problem.

Malky

Established Member
Not only TV, tbf

tumblr_mn3b8oZ3281rr7t27o1_400.gif
giphy.gif

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Don't think we'll see anoyone else in until after pre-season. Maybe not at all.

Midfielder would be nice, though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Matić is class imo.

He won the league two times, plus he can deepen our roster at CM since 90% chances are that Xhaka will get red cards, and Ramsey will get injured a lot.

You wouldn't take Matić for a backup? The dude can even make our 1st team without any problem.
No, I wouldn't take Matic. He's not a bad player but not the type of player we need at all. We need someone a bit more multifaceted than a "breaker". Vieira was a complete midfielder who could do everything, Matic isn't even in his stratosphere.

IMO, we need a player who is B2B, athletic and a good dribbler/passer in tight spaces. Matic is a defensive midfielder who is decent technically and works in Chelsea's unit well. But he's not the guy we should be looking at. At all.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If we've been offered Rafinha then Barca will want something in return... Bellerin maybe?

Well, I don't think they're going to give him away so yes, they'll want something in return. Apparently around €30 million. But they've already bought a right back and moved on from Bellerin. I think I've read that Rafinha wants to leave the club to get more opportunities.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Kolasinac, Lacazette, Lemar and Rafinha would be our best window ever and with offloads there is no reason it can't be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom