• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Remember when Búmery signed Krychowiak for PSG? Another bum. Not to mention Meunier, who he also wanted to bring here. Thank god, Raul stopped that nonsense.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I've not lost there :lol: Emery can't match up to either, and the fact that Wenger's failures have to be used to defend Emery is extremely telling.

I remember how you were adamant Özil's reported lack of effort in training is just pure speculation and there's no substance to it despite the ample indications from the past (from extra free days to misterious injuries etc). Not to mention how you always using Özil's situation as a stick to beat Emery with as if he's the sole reason for his predicament. Now that's extremly telling.:lol:

It turned out (reported now multiple times form different sources) he really isn't the most driven individual as far as training goes but I guess we'll just ignore that.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

blaze_of_glory

I remember how you were adamant Özil's reported lack of effort in training is just pure speculation and there's no substance to it despite the ample indications from the past (from extra free days to misterious injuries etc). Not to mention how you always using Özil's situation as a stick to beat Emery with as if he's the sole reason for his predicament. Now that's extremly telling.:lol:

It turned out (reported now multiple times form different sources) he really isn't the most driven individual as far as training goes but I guess we'll just ignore that.
Yeah it says I prefer good players to play regardless of whether poor managers think they are busting their ass 150% at all times in training.

Mostly because it's the matches that actually matter.

And that whole thing is still speculation.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You had no problems with the source until now. John Cross and Ballague was shot down quickly though :lol:
Until now? What are you talking about? I've just had to search for that Irwin monstrosity and I don't give it any validity at all. One quote is worth a dozen Cross or Ballague piles of ****.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Yeah it says I prefer good players to play regardless of whether poor managers think they are busting their ass 150% at all times in training.

Mostly because it's the matches that actually matter.

And that whole thing is still speculation.

It's not, Emery and Per both pointed that out, insinuating heavily to what the problem is.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Until now? What are you talking about? I've just had to search for that Irwin monstrosity and I don't give it any validity at all. One quote is worth a dozen Cross or Ballague piles of ****.
Oh, sorry. You liked the post and read my response to it so I assumed you must’ve read it. My bad.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
These are just players you didnt like. Meaningless stuff.
These are players no one liked, except Búmery. You really thought I had it for him just because of the Özil stuff did ya? He has a history of playing big lumps, who run hard over more talented players because ultimately that‘s his style. As his fan you should embrace this style rather than fight it.

blaze_of_glory

Come on, ffs. You're saying Per is flat out lying? Ok. :lol:
No, I have no doubt that Özil can look like he's not putting in a ton of effort. He seems that way on the pitch so why would it be different in training? But we also have reports that he's actually been training very hard and yet has been shut out regardless.

As I've said before, I think that whole thing is not really the issue.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No, I have no doubt that Özil can look like he's not putting in a ton of effort. He seems that way on the pitch so why would it be different in training? But we also have reports that he's actually been training very hard and yet has been shut out regardless.

As I've said before, I think that whole thing is not really the issue.
We've seen quotes from Per and we've seen, like, speculation or 'reports'.

We've also seen other reports that aren't favourable to Özil. Do we take notice of those too then, or is it best to stick to the quotes from reputable sources?

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

It's not, Emery and Per both pointed that out, insinuating heavily to what the problem is.

We've seen quotes from Per and we've seen, like, speculation or 'reports'.

We've also seen other reports that aren't favourable to Özil. Do we take notive of those too then, or is it best to stick to the quotes from reputable sources?
It's certainly an easy thing for Emery to use as an excuse, and Per isn't about to say anything different when they both work for the club.

We have a report just today that Özil showed up this year and has worked very hard but has still been dropped anyway. Of course there have been reports to the contrary as well. But when he's been picked he's played well, which is all that should ever matter.

I would guess Özil isn't conforming to how Emery wants to play, both in training and on the pitch. And they've had a blowout over it. Unfortunatley for us, Emery's ideas of of how the game should be played are ****ing garbage.

blaze_of_glory

I've pretty much given up any hope Özil will come back in now though. Probably best for him to go in January. I just hope Emery soon follows so we can start to be Arsenal properly again and build on these young players.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I completely forgot about Suarez until you mentioned him. What a pointless loan that was.

Pointless in hindsight, but good one beforehand, because we could not buy anyone and needed a player. He had injuries, but I think it wasn't like Källström coming in injured.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would guess Özil isn't conforming to how Emery wants to play, both in training and on the pitch. And they've had a blowout over it. Unfortunatley for us, Emery's ideas of of how the game should be played are ****ing garbage.
Yep. Nothing more needs to be said, other than Emery is a bum.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I've pretty much given up any hope Özil will come back in now though. Probably best for him to go in January. I just hope Emery soon follows so we can start to be Arsenal properly again and build on these young players.
I think Emery will be forced to bring him back when results inevitably deteriorate in December. Last season it was this period as well when he (unsuccessfully) benched Özil.

blaze_of_glory

Pointless in hindsight, but good one beforehand, because we could not buy anyone and needed a player. He had injuries, but I think it wasn't like Källström coming in injured.
Haha that was something else. He at least helped us win an FA Cup though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom