• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Manchester City 0 - 0 Arsenal | Sunday 31st March | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Prediction
Man city 0-1 Arsenal

Synical

Miss Superstitious

From Blue Moon forum:
They’ve made sure most of their players have withdrawn from this round of internationals -( Gabriel; White; Martinelli & now Saka) whereas we, on the other hand, play by the book as usual & all our players turn up to play.
City fans have no self-awareness at all. It's astonishing!

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

I really hate city, they're so confident of beating us even though fcking crystal palace beat them at the emptyhad every fcking season, I'll take beating them and losing every other game of the season the pricks

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

From Blue Moon forum:

City fans have no self-awareness at all. It's astonishing!

Yes. They make some great points 👍 our players aren’t 115njured and Arsenal Football Club should be deducted points whereas the Citeh players have genuine ACL, MCL and torn meniscus 115njuries but should be available in a week.

Such an honest and classy institution MaNcHeStEr CiTeH are 🤩 we should take note.

Henry boi

Can respect United or even Chelsea winning those titles
I mean united won titles with guys like Brown, Fletcher Mecheda, Park, Slyves etc
You didn't need 23 Wc players to win the title like City
And then thier fans go on like they are the greatest thing ever when the playing field isn't even, they are so ****in arrogant and self entitled, when half the world didn't know they existed 15 years ago

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We beat them comfortably at the Etihad, but they were without Saliba...Who was playing against Haaland? Some joker, right?

IMO, stylistically they are not a good team to play, as energy wise they are the closest thing to Liverpool and have a better defence than Liverpool. They have a lot of energy and pace in their young team and are currently very different from those typical Arsenal teams of the last 2 decades. They are still not sufficiently experienced, though, and do not have many top options on the bench, especially in defence.

I don't find them to be anything like Liverpool. Maybe they're higher energy than many teams but that's about it.

I think Arsenal are a better style for us to play. Don't get me wrong, they're clearly a very good side and more than capable of beating us on their day, especially if we're not at our best.

But head to head, I'd rather play Arsenal than the dippers in terms of style of play. The dippers have a style and energy that matches up quite well with us head to head. You get more room to play vs Arsenal.

If we played both 20 times, all teams at their best, I'd put good money us beating Arsenal more than Liverpool, regardless of the last game against Arsenal.

Given Arsenal have nowhere near as many injuries as Liverpool, it's probably safe to assume they don't play with the same intensity. Will be interesting to see whether Liverpool could sustain that level of intensity in the final months. They are a bit ordinary without it. Even United scored 4 goals the other day.

I’m very concerned about this match, I just hope we win!
Haaland needs to be clinical for this game, we can’t afford to miss as many chances as normal, we need to score first, ideally early, I suspect Arsenal score at least twice so we’ll need to score 3 probably 4 to guarantee the points. Pray that KDB recovers quickly and that we don’t pick up any injuries. I hope Grealish is fit for this match as he may give us more control/ less transitions

I really don’t know our best starting 11 for this match, I feel bad about no Ruben but I worry about his pace versus their fast flowing football, maybe this?

——————Haaland
—Grealish—Foden——KDB
———Rodri—Stones—Bernardo
————Ake—Akanji—Walker
———————Ortega

Arsenal are an excellent side and we’ll need every f supporting the team, screaming for every decision and backing the boys in blue, I just hope we don’t get another dodgy referee.

Is there a thread about these ****e International fixtures and which players City and Arsenal have involved and against who and when?
Martinelli, Jesus, Gabriel, ??, ??, ??, ??, ??
Have Arsenal have pulled majority of their players?
Only Grealish (actually injured) & KDB has been declared unfit from our players?

If another club wants to take our title then they have to come to our place and beat us , the Dippers couldnt do it but if the Goons manage it then fair play to them they have earned it , but i am not sure Arteta and his team are ready this season quite sure they know this is do or die for their title hopes so the pressure is all on them.
Even if we only draw we are still very capable of winning our remaining league games not sure the Goons can do the same , we go into this fairly relaxed as proven title winners , the Goons on the other hand are desperate to correct last seaons failures.

All fair enough as an assessment. I think Arsenal are a stronger team, mentally, this season, and they've improved with Rice and Raya. We should still have enough to beat them, if Kev's fully fit. It'd be tighter than last season, I'm pretty sure of that.
However, if we draw, it's not the gooners I'm worried about. It's the dippers. I believe that they will drop points somewhere along the line but we need to be winning every single game to take advantage of it.
Sp**s — unpredictable, spursy Sp**s — are playing a big part in this argument, anyway. Due to play all three teams.

A good chance we will be going into this game without ederson Haaland and kdb at least if the injury reports are true which will make this game alot harder than it akready was. No way will it be a repeat of the 4-1 last season .

Good game to look forward to. For me Arsenal > LFC this and last season. They are clever and play much better defensively than many other top teams.

Have few great players, how is Saliba not starting for France I d never understand. Raya is good goalkeeper, but we should try to test him with long-medium range shots.

On the other hand Arsenal looked a bit off their game against Porto. I can understand away of home, but should done more at home. Is that indication they not yet ready to top their level when the stakes are highest?

City is City. Great champions and great football team. We are able to blow away any team at the Etihad. We were not really on top of our game this season (few close to though like Tottenham fa cup away game or second half against UTD).

Really happy for this game, but going to be a tough one.

Arse have held back a few from playing for their country. I have a feeling that there will be a faith healer in attendance at their place on the Friday and there will be lots of hallelujah's. Expect a pretty much full team, well rested. I expect our machine to grind them down.

Knock knock
Saka-Come in, its open
Southgate- Hi Saks, can I have a word?
Saka-One minute Gaz, I've never got this far before.
Southgate-Gaffer, please
Saka-Sorry Gaz, I mean Gaf. Damn it, that level's tough. What is it Gaz, er Gaf
Southgate- A few players had commented that you've just being playing Xbox and not training. Is anything up?
Saka-Ha. That's what the gaffer told me to do.
Southgate-Sorry?
Saka-Er, I have a twinge
Southgate- Where
Saka- Everywhere
Southgate- OK, see you tomorrow
Saka- Doubt it.

It’s crunch time for Arsenal. If they lose to us again, the doubts set in. If they win then I think they may go on to win it. I think it will be a close game this time. We absolutely blew them away last time. Crowd need to be really up for this one.

Absolutely no chance Arsenal will come to our place and beat us.

I couldn't give a **** if I sound arrogant either. There's only one outcome of this game on Sunday 31st and that's a convincing Manchester City win.

Arsenal are bottling ****s not a set of bollocks between the ****s. The Etihad will be buzzing on matchday. I can't wait.

Football doesn't work like that. If Wigan in the lower leagues can beat the Centurions, then anything can happen. To say there's absolutely no chance that they can beat us is plainly wrong.

You can always bet your house on a convincing City win. Have skin in the game.

I'm optimistic, but not unrealistic. Nothing is absolutely guaranteed in football, not even a win vs Palace, with a two-goal lead and 10 minutes to go...

It's a big test for Arsenal to come to the Etihad and win and based on their performances in both games against Porto I'm not sure they're quite there yet.

I expect this to be quite a cagey game, as opposed to the Sp**s and Chelsea games which were pretty open and I'd back City to win, but I think the scoreline will be much closer than last season.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Not surprised by their fans' high confidence - we've been their whipping boys at the Etihad for years. However, this is one of the first times we're going to their ground in-form and fit. I absolutely think we can win though a draw is most likely.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Hartvetz to score.

Hopefully Big Gabi and Saka are fully fit and Martinelli returns. Our bench will be stacked. A good problem to have. The likes of Tomiyasu, Zinny, Partey, Jesus, Trossard can really give us something when we need them.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Hartvetz to score.

Hopefully Big Gabi and Saka are fully fit and Martinelli returns. Our bench will be stacked. A good problem to have. The likes of Tomiyasu, Zinny, Partey, Jesus, Trossard can really give us something when we need them.
Timber would be on bench also, I saw him in Netherlands squad in yesterday's game

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

What's the word on Martinelli? Is he expected to be back for this game? I know last week the consensus was he would be but haven't really heard anything since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom