• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Champions League Quarter Finals 1st Leg: Arsenal 2 - 2 Bayern Munich | Tuesday 9th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenal.jpg

Screenshot-20240407-212037-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240407-211957-Chrome.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Bayern

GoonerJay24

True, but this is the Champions League; the real level. Last time out, we almost got fkund out by Porto.

This is going to be a tough game. Our only advantage is they won't have any fans.

Think this will end 2-2

I predicted the scoreline correct.

We were in better form but Bayern had more experience and quality. Was dissapointed with us defensively, also Mikel made some poor selections.

Still have a big chance next week if we play with the mentality and quality we're capable of but, I'd make Bayern favourites now.

Artemis

I predicted the scoreline correct.

We were in better form but Bayern had more experience and quality. Was dissapointed with us defensively, also Mikel made some poor selections.

Still have a big chance next week if we play with the mentality and quality we're capable of but, I'd make Bayern favourites now.
We can actually devastate them on the counter. Bayern have been slaughtered by teams that play quickly on the transition.

But it hinges on fitness/fatigue. If the Aston Villa game takes too much out of the players, then it will be a real struggle.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
We can actually devastate them on the counter. Bayern have been slaughtered by teams that play quickly on the transition.

But it hinges on fitness/fatigue. If the Aston Villa game takes too much out of the players, then it will be a real struggle.
Next game for me, I will start Zinny over Tomi/Kiwior, need him to make the passing
Move Kai to midfield to solidify our midfield defense or even cover Zinny a bit
Start Martinelli, Jesus and Saka as forwards, to maximize our counter ability.

If we can take the lead after half time, put Tomi/Kiwior on for Zinny
Take Jesus out and move Kai up.
Put Jorginho/Partey as double pivot and Ode in front of them.
Tross on for Martinelli.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
It is definitely a missed opportunity. We should of won that match 2 or 3 nil. I yhink we can beat them or win on pks; as talent wise we are vetter than bayern. But for whatever reason we don’t do well in these cup and knockout competitions in recent years. I think it is due in part to Mik but it is hard really to fault his subs or approach last game. One could say we played to high line and were aggressive; but you have to be in the home leg if you have ambition

SteveEvets

The worst thing about the game is that people are placing too much focus on the penalty decision than the game itself. I feel that’ll be the narrative our fans will use if we go out but we had enough to beat them in 90 minutes last night regardless of the decision. This Bayern side are nothing special.

Didn’t AW, Mourinho, Fergie etc all used to go berserk when some ridiculous decisions would knock them out of the CL? The latter even making the “typical Germans” remark when Bayern got Rafael sent off in 2010. That’s why I wanted Saka to just take the chance and none of this stuff would talked about.

Forget relying on the referees in the CL when there’s a better chance you can score. As a fanbase when we’ve experienced daylight robberies like RVP’s red vs Barcelona, Henry’s disallowed goal vs CSKA Moscow and the below, so for me the Saka decision is just something you have to take on the chin whether it’s a pen or not:

Good lesson for our team.

That Liverpool tie was a special type of robbery, not giving that Hleb penalty but giving the Babel one in the second leg.

Agree with your overall point, and I think they'll take that lesson if Arteta's comments last night were any indication. I back us to not give anything away next week like we did yesterday. If Bayern produce some top shelf football and knock us out then fair enough.

Badger_Revenge

Having watched that penalty shout on Saka in real time, I think it's 50-50. I don't think Saka is looking for it. The question is whether Neuer is set before Saka makes his move to the left, and whether Saka initiates the contact or Neuer does. Pretty clear where Saka wants to go, and it's where Neuer is. What is not clear to me is who gets to that spot first. I'm not convinced either way. It's a tough one.

Certainly not as bad as the RvP red card at Camp Nou. That lives in my trauma memory.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
UCL thrives on chaos and individual brilliance, we lack both. It's a competition that brings out players who pop up in certain moments.

At-least some people are waking up to the glaring hole at Left 8, people have been more focused on winger/striker profile and have forgotten about this position. Also we'll need an actual overlapping LB to support our LW.

Bradpiff

We do not counter attack anymore and the only play we have that can is badly out of form

IrishGooner93

I know we scored twice and white should've scored but disappointed in what the team created tbh. Bayern are not only **** defending counters they're just **** defensively altogether. Even look at Der Klassiker. Dortmund opened them up with ease even when Bayern were all back and "organised".
This might sound mad seeing were top scorers in league, but too many games I feel the attack just doesn't seem cutting edge enough to get us to the next level. Certain big games and difficult away matches it's not up the scratch with the level of the team defensively. Now of course its better than most but the standards now for this team are league and CL winning level. But I suppose that's the next target in this sides progression.
Apart from this I think we got our tactics wrong on this and I hope Mikel learns for the 2nd leg. Bayern can be beaten easily if we can be more of a counter attack threat and concede less space in behind. Both teams will want to play this way so it'll be hard. Plus Bayern are adept at countering. We struggle.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

I think it was probably a penalty for Bayern, tbh... although we do that all the time, Raya (who seemed weirdly rattled the whole game) passed it with his foot to Gabriel rather than with hand, the play could have been deemed to have already restarted...only an absolute dungeon sex fiend racist like Tommy T would be going as over the top about it though.

Saka's wasn't a pen, but let's not forget Kane's clear red that was ignored (which I think even happened before the weird non pen for them...looked right at Gabby, swung his arm right at his face, 30 and still trophyless... scumbag!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Villa game is even more massive now, no excuses for anything less than 3 points.

Not faves anymore in this tie, so that means the likelihood of us going out is now higher...which puts even more pressure on us winning the Prem.

Please Arsenal, please :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom