• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa | Sunday 14th April | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalAstonVilla2122.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Last time (last season) we had to respond to this we started losing every which way. They can't be responding same way. You have to show that growth. And for the love of God get a ****ing alpha male striker next season. I'm tired of this unreliable scoring source.

The key word... last season.

We dont have injury concerns, so our best team is available for the run in. Our biggest problem now is our mentality. How we react behind the scenes, and then again on the pitch.

We also know what we need in the summer, but first things first.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Merson reckons the title is gone. Redknapp had two banker home wins. Kolo is just disbelieving at our naivety. The Trossard miss was a bad miss and I totally agree with Merson that Arteta was fooled by Jesus' Bayern cameo and changed his team. He mucked up big time. He sadly hasn't learnt

Merse warned against this at the beginning of the game. People clown him but he’s spot on more times than people would like to admit.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
We were poor considering Villa played on Thursday.

Whenever Jesus is in the team we look ****. All those high scoring wins were when him and his other city reject wasn’t in the team.

I want to see the pair of them sold in the summer.
That's a bit overkill TBF. Jesus was our game changer against Bayern. Zinchenko wasn't at this best today but he offers us that tactical flexibility we need to create the many chances we do when he inverts effectively.

HighburyHigh

City are a machine, they’re not dropping any points from here on out. Remember last year 11 straight.
Once they smell blood it’s game over.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I wonder if City would be thinking like this if they were in our position? They are where they are because of their mentality in adversity not just their quality.
Exactly. We need them to have an off season to win the title. Going to toe to toe will always end up badly because we have a huge mental block. Even Pool won the title cause of Covid and City were way off the pace.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Zinny and Jesus - especially Zinny - so poor. Saka must be suffering from that injury - in form he puts it to bed first half solo. Should clearly have gone in at half time leading and I honestly thought we’d finish it second half.

But Emery tightened it up and for whatever reason we had no answer; maybe they just had less to lose; the further changes just disrupted our play. Their goal was coming tbh.

Anything possible on Wednesday and moving forward - but hard to see how we go more or less perfect from here - which is what we’ll need for the PL - and will need a complete change in approach against Bayern, let alone any semi…

IMG_0627.jpeg
IMG_0628.jpeg

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Exactly. We need them to have an off season to win the title. Going to toe to toe will always end up badly because we have a huge mental block. Even Pool won the title cause of Covid and City were way off the pace.
Its the quality of their squad down the stretch compared to ours. In other words, a direct result of the 115 charges.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I agree that his tactics are very good. But this team is top draw, there’s no holes anywhere. We have the best goal difference in the league, scoring from all positions and the football is spot on. But losing games at the end of the season when the pressure’s on is becoming a pattern. Let’s hope this is just a blip and Arteta can get them back on track.

There are still holes mate, upfront, in midfield and possibly defensively as well.

What was the key factor that killed us today? It was our finishing, particularly in the first half. You have to take your chances against well organised opponents like Villa.

Pressure does count yes, but if you have the quality and efficiency to execute you dont create do or die pressure moments.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Merse warned against this at the beginning of the game. People clown him but he’s spot on more times than people would like to admit.
It's so obvious. And as Merse also said, with the starting 11, he looked at his bench when he wanted to make subs and there was nothing there. He could have started Jorgi today and then start Partey on Wednesday

Badger_Revenge

People generalizing bitterly after one bad half of football.

It is worrying, and I know it's been 20 years so everyone is primed for failure and trying to protect themselves emotionally, but if the fans turn this quickly after finally seeing one bad performance in 2024, this club will have a terrible time ever winning a trophy.

Emirates did not seem very rowdy today.

littleboysilva

A team wanting to win a league can’t be so outplayed second half. It’s not like Liverpool game where they missed big chances and dominated. We were outclassed second half and the manager had no clue what to do and panicked
I agree with that second part he did panic today but a team with better forwards bails out the manager in that first half. I just don't think Arteta has been outplayed enough this season for us to be in this position and statistically, we haven't.

HighburyHigh

That's a bit overkill TBF. Jesus was our game changer against Bayern. Zinchenko wasn't at this best today but he offers us that tactical flexibility we need to create the many chances we do when he inverts effectively.
When they wasn’t anywhere near the starting 11 we were plying our best football destroying teams. No coincidence when their back in the starting 11 we look **** like we did at the start of the season.

I’m sorry but those 2 make the team worse. At best Jesus should only be used as an impact sub. Dimchenko should be nowhere near the team full stop .

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
There are still holes mate, upfront, in midfield and possibly defensively as well.

What was the key factor that killed us today? It was our finishing, particularly in the first half. You have to take your chances against well organised opponents like Villa.

Pressure does count yes, but if you have the quality and efficiency to execute you dont create do or die pressure moments.
Villa hit the cross-bar post twice, very close to conceding 4 goals. We were poor in defence today also.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Da fuq happened at HT? It's like those aliens from Space Jam sucked the talent out of our players ffs. We got bossed by barge arse John ****ing McGinn
I think tow things happen we got knackered and Emery made bit of change because other than that it's impossible we were all over them 1st half but since 40 minute in 1st half fatigue started showing

Artemis

Saka useless as well. Where does this “starboy” accolade rubbish come from? The bloke has been ****.
He's dead on his feet. The squad rotation has been really poor. Same with Ødegaard.

I noticed the Rice was also slowing down at times in the second half. He played both International fixtures after playing virtually every game for Arsenal.

It doesn't excuse the misses in the first half though.

We basically only have one reliable goalscorer in the team - Trossard.

It's difficult to believe but that's where we are at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom