• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refo

Benzema is Perez's lovechild. Perez took a gamble on him, and Perez doesn't like losing on his gambles. Apparently Zidane also plays a role in keeping Benzema at RM.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Not sure if Benzema is as good as Fifa thinks he is, but he'd certainly be welcome. Was surprised to read he's only 27, thought he'd be pushing 30 by now, so that makes me more interested.

Having said all that, his goal record isn't exactly mind blowing given that he plays in such a good team.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Not sure if Benzema is as good as Fifa thinks he is, but he'd certainly be welcome. Was surprised to read he's only 27, thought he'd be pushing 30 by now, so that makes me more interested.

Having said all that, his goal record isn't exactly mind blowing given that he plays in such a good team.

Maybe not mind blowing but it's actually pretty impressive considering his role in the Real system. With Ronaldo he is not the focal point or their attack which means he moves around a lot and creates chances for others. He isn't in or near the box nearly as much as some other strikers.
So 5 seasons in a row with 20 or more goals in all competitions and adding to that 15 or more assists in all competitions four years in a row, I'd say it's impressive.

I'd welcome Benzema in a heartbeat but I doubt we'll see a striker of that caliber at Arsenal under Wenger. Giroud is his last "I'm turning this guy from xero to hero" project before he retires.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Are you really asking why Wenger would bid for Suarez instead of Benzema? Suarez is twice the player and his supposed release clause at 40mil would have been a bargain, that's why.

Anyway towards the end of the window we supposedly did try to get him along with Özil, **** was on the BBC but him and Di Maria didn't want to come I suppose.

No No No! I am saying if Wenger really wanted Benzema why not bid big for him as he did Suarez. You dont need to tell me how much better Suarez is than Benzema, its clear to everyone. Forget I even mentioned Suarez, it was my response to people saying Wenger is a big Benzema fan!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Real wanted 30M for Higuain, didn't they? I think we would of have to gone 50M+ for Benzema and for that price we could of just gave Liverpool what they asked for.

Only way I see us getting Benzema is if Aguero and Falcao move to Real.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Maybe not mind blowing but it's actually pretty impressive considering his role in the Real system. With Ronaldo he is not the focal point or their attack which means he moves around a lot and creates chances for others. He isn't in or near the box nearly as much as some other strikers.
So 5 seasons in a row with 20 or more goals in all competitions and adding to that 15 or more assists in all competitions four years in a row, I'd say it's impressive.

I'd welcome Benzema in a heartbeat but I doubt we'll see a striker of that caliber at Arsenal under Wenger. Giroud is his last "I'm turning this guy from xero to hero" project before he retires.

henry-arsenal-a-1418836476.jpg

1162506556.jpg

article-1259310602843-075fb31c000005dc-138504_466x464.jpg

Robin-van-persie-Arsenal-007.jpg

IanWright.jpg

etc.

Last edited:

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member

Don't worry about his goal record, his job at Madrid is basically to make sure Ronaldo scores as much as possible.

The guy is an absolute beast and could easily hit 30+ in all comps here in my opinion. Aside from Suarez, I can't really think of another CF in world football who is better than Benzema.

Hope there's something in these Aguero to Madrid rumours so we can go for this guy. Would strengthen us massively while City lose their best player.

GabeGooner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom