• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA Officials Arrested On Corruption Charges

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Man, I clicked Like on soooo many of posts in this thread.
FIFA is as clean as a whore wearing a miniskirt.

There's too much money in football and even though these arrests may have frightened the country FA heads, I am 100% sure that fat **** Blatter will get reelected with vast majority of votes, because most of them are as corrupt and shady as him.

Check this too

Btw, this from Onion, was hilarious :D

CGCwcDkW0AEC-Ky.jpg

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
As you say, @jones, you don't even have to talk about ethics if we're discussing Qatars merits. But Russia? **** me. The simple fact that Putin is in power there makes it a farce. That **** is ordering passenger planes be shot out the sky.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

One thing I think is interesting is how far does this corruption goes? Seen as FIFA seems as rotten as Umbrella Corp is it too much of a stretch to think they'd fix matches?

The Sunday Times investigation showed how bent these people really are. Football is such an incredibly easy game to fix because instant replays aren't used.

There's only one ref so less people again to bribe, how many dodgy World Cup qualifiers and matches have we seen? Perfect WC or CL draws for certain teams? If that comes out of all this I think I'm done with football.

Like the prick of a ref at the Nou Camp when we played Barca 2009/2010.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Do you
Like the prick of a ref at the Nou Camp when we played Barca 2009/2010.

Do you mean the 10/11 game when he sent off RVP? That looked so dodgy live and even more so today.

If I remember the ref was a complete ****** the year before in the Nou Camp as well but Messi went through us like a knife through butter.

Even though I was laughing the entire time, that Chelsea-Barca game was one of the most biased things I've ever seen.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Do you

Do you mean the 10/11 game when he sent off RVP? That looked so dodgy live and even more so today.

If I remember the ref was a complete ****** the year before in the Nou Camp as well but Messi went through us like a knife through butter.

Even though I was laughing the entire time, that Chelsea-Barca game was one of the most biased things I've ever seen.

I do indeed ,even before the sending off , everytime we went near them a foul was called . When they did the same it was play on . After the first half hour you could tell the players didn't what the **** was going on .

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I'm not buying any of this charade. Nobody cared when Brazil, South Korea or Germany greased palms everywhere to host a World Cup, now suddenly, coincidentally shortly before Russia hosts one, the FBI of all ****ing people cares about football and "uncovers" what everyone and their dog already knew.

Even if they managed to clean up the mess that is FIFA I don't believe for a second that football will become any cleaner for it. The next generation of corrupt ****s at the helm of the sport in Platini and his cronies is in the blocks already, and even if those were ousted too after another half a century (or however long Blatter is in power now) a corporation like Adidas would find someone else to ruin the sport for everyone.
Welcome back @jones! Worried you didn't get the memo about the move.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

About time these corrupt ****s get rumbled. Trying to act like this is hurting the game and the fans, what Bullshit. LIBERATE THE PROLETARIAT!!!

Iceman10

Established Member
Looking at his history Blatter is one heck of an escape artist. Will he survive once more, and/or is he protected (for whatever reason). Ties in a bit with Jones' theory regarding timing.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Will have to reserve judgement on this till more comes out, both sides seem to be obvious conspiracy theories, but they can't both be.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We cannot ignore the underhand politics as well. The needle between the US and Russia, and Id even bring in England has a role to play.

The local media here is all about our (South Africa) 2010 world cup, with them speculating on who were the officials were who facilitated the process.

Apparently, our government couldnt afford the $10 Million US bribe required, so FIFA just took the money out of our allocated budget lol.

This is not the only area of football management which needs a serious look in. Like some of us have already said, we need to check out;

Match fixing
Player doping
Blatter
Young player trafficking through transfers.
Clubs buying and farming out players to other teams to prevent rivals from getting them.
Referees who are not held accountable for shoddy decisions.

The ****ing list goes on and on.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

One thing I think is interesting is how far does this corruption goes? Seen as FIFA seems as rotten as Umbrella Corp is it too much of a stretch to think they'd fix matches?

The Sunday Times investigation showed how bent these people really are. Football is such an incredibly easy game to fix because instant replays aren't used.

There's only one ref so less people again to bribe, how many dodgy World Cup qualifiers and matches have we seen? Perfect WC or CL draws for certain teams? If that comes out of all this I think I'm done with football.
I dont know about fixing as such but certainly give teams a helping hand. I'm thinking Ireland France and Henry's blatant handball, Scotland Italy where Hutton was clearly fouled and Italy go onto score

That's not match fixing as such. Moreso turnimg a blind eye in the hope it gives advantage to one team over the other as clearly Ireland or Scotland will not throw those matches, but FIFA benefits due to the major nations TV audience.

let's see just how deep the rabbit hole goes

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I'm not buying any of this charade. Nobody cared when Brazil, South Korea or Germany greased palms everywhere to host a World Cup, now suddenly, coincidentally shortly before Russia hosts one, the FBI of all ****ing people cares about football and "uncovers" what everyone and their dog already knew.

Even if they managed to clean up the mess that is FIFA I don't believe for a second that football will become any cleaner for it. The next generation of corrupt ****s at the helm of the sport in Platini and his cronies is in the blocks already, and even if those were ousted too after another half a century (or however long Blatter is in power now) a corporation like Adidas would find someone else to ruin the sport for everyone.
I dont know about Russia too much, they have a decent footballing history, and on the surface appear a respectable candidate, political issue's aside. Qatar on the other hand is wrong on so many levels. But it was the latter pandering to them, the resolve to bend over backwards to accommodate them in so far as moving a tournament historically held in the summer to winter.

Their bid lied and as such should have had the tournament striped, yet fifa still accommodated them. Why? Someone received a nice pay off and were frightened it would come out.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I've no problem with Russia hosting a World Cup. Don't like Russia foreign policy and am sure they used about any means to get the World Cup, but like Jones mentioned this goes for about all previous World Cups (and you can throw in Olympic Games as well).

USA and Europe aren't innocent either. For example Coca Cola/Atlanta bought the Olympics. Can come up with truckloads of examples.

For SA Gunners list.

Sponsors picking teams sheets. E.g. Ronaldo in France 1998.
Third party player ownership vehicles about running entire clubs and determining line-ups.

Something that makes these major tournaments even more vulnerable are the major construction works on infrastructure and stadiums. The Mafia made 100s of millions on the 1990 World Cup in Italy. One of the key men involved was then IAAF (Atletics) Chairman (and IOC member) Nebiolo, who was a shady project developer. The stadiums were twice as expensive as they should have been. Organised (corporate) crime made loads.

The Olympics in Barcelona and even more Athens cost local government billions, while third parties made 100s of millions on projects. Same goes for the Brazil WC. Cost local government a fortune; those who made money were those involved in the major (building) projects.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

I dont know about fixing as such but certainly give teams a helping hand. I'm thinking Ireland France and Henry's blatant handball, Scotland Italy where Hutton was clearly fouled and Italy go onto score

The actual incident doesn't phase me anymore. It's Blatter laughing to the media about it when we suggested a replay or being included anyways (lol tho), we were done an injustice and the complete lack of respect in the situation was the thing that stung. France was willing to have a replay. Henry supported a replay. No "fair play" at all from the officials though.

It was just more financially beneficial to have France in the world cup. Everyone knows Ireland won't get far in the tournament, but we still deserved the chance.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

@SuperGoon the incident grinds me to this day and made me lose a huge amount of respect for Henry. But as a professional he done what was required to win.

The officials are the ones I'd question. I don't think you can co opt players at that level to cheat but having the officials turn a blind eye to some instances can easily be done.

@GideonSmythe interesting article on Israel for the true conspiracy hungry individual http://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2015-05-27/us-arrests-as-fifa-mulls-giving-israel-boot

The rabbit hole for this one goes very deep. I forgot Jack.Warner was against an English bid for the 2018 world cup until all of a sudden England agreed to play Trinidad and Tobago in a friendly. Bribe?

There will be a lot of people in a lot of rooms wondering will they be done under RICO, the patterns of behaviour wouldn't be too hard to prove, everyone was accepting bungs and everyone giving them in one form or another.

Seep is frantically watching the wire and sons of anarchy to find a get our clause lol.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

@SuperGoon the incident grinds me to this day and made me lose a huge amount of respect for Henry. But as a professional he done what was required to win.

The officials are the ones I'd question. I don't think you can co opt players at that level to cheat but having the officials turn a blind eye to some instances can easily be done.

As an Irish Arsenal fan I did lose a lot of respect for him at the time. It was the crappiest way to end a brilliant career. Now though, it's exactly as you say. There were outfield players who saw it, there were people in the crowd who saw it, there were hundred of thousands of people who saw it on tv; but the only person who didn't see it was the only one who mattered.

And that's bs.

If it was legit corruption though, we'll never know. Mistakes happen and the referee can't see everything. It adds further debate to technology being included. The Goal line technology is a step, but for other instances in the box I'd like there to be a replay for events such as the above. I get the entire argument of it'd slow down the game if it was done for every instance. But when you get the wrong player sent off (Ox/Gibbs) and miss hand balls then the sport simply needs these things.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom