• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: 20 Years and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't like drones. One day they are going to fly in the air plane I'm travelling with and my worst nightmare will come true.

Anyway, Wenger don't even have computer at his office. He is a long way off from flying drones to scout players. :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

My glass half full approach after several days on the binge. We get 70m every season from Emirates and Puma, we spent 10m. That means come January if we are still in the hunt we will be one of a few teams that can buy and most teams will be in a position where they need to sell. Might be the first time January deals are cheaper. Signing Benzema after Rafa gets his team sorted and firing maybe discovering he doesn't need the Benz? Or another player from a top club who suddenly find they need a player in but need funds so decide to be more responsive to an incoming bid at a lower amount.

Second. We finish top four, don't buy in January and have 130m to spend in the summer plus whatever we sell and free up in wages.

Spent too much time in the half empty that I need a positive outlook.

Godwin1

Very well-known
My glass half full approach after several days on the binge. We get 70m every season from Emirates and Puma, we spent 10m. That means come January if we are still in the hunt we will be one of a few teams that can buy and most teams will be in a position where they need to sell. Might be the first time January deals are cheaper. Signing Benzema after Rafa gets his team sorted and firing maybe discovering he doesn't need the Benz? Or another player from a top club who suddenly find they need a player in but need funds so decide to be more responsive to an incoming bid at a lower amount.

Second. We finish top four, don't buy in January and have 130m to spend in the summer plus whatever we sell and free up in wages.

So basically you're just hoping we spend next summer, don't blame you mate I've lernt not to dwell on disapointing transfer windows now.

US_Gooner

Established Member
I was being as serious as Hertz was about using drones to scout players.
I should have figured, sorry.
But how could you think it's pseudoscience?
Because the desired traits are not established by scientific method.

The vast majority of desired traits are established by cultural and societal norms and values, rather than by science.

RandyMarsh

Established Member

That's exactly how I see things too. Fingers crossed either A or B actually happen though!

Marmaduke

Wenger would light a candle and perform a Japanese tea ceremony before deciding on which player to sign. Not utilize drones to collect data.

But otherwise yes, the naive optimist in me says that we have quite a substantial amount of cash for the January transfer window where we could see a lot of movement in the market. In fact, January could be very interesting in that regard.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Wenger would light a candle and perform a Japanese tea ceremony before deciding on which player to sign. Not utilize drones to collect data.

But otherwise yes, the naive optimist in me says that we have quite a substantial amount of cash for the January transfer window where we could see a lot of movement in the market. In fact, January could be very interesting in that regard.

January won't be different from this one, unless injuries hamper our squad. Money hasn't been a problem for a while now. We'll get optimistic when some links pour through at the end of December, we'll get anxious when we didn't sign anyone mid-January, but Wenger will calm us with the fact that they're working 24 hours a day with his team and that they're optimistic to sign someone. But a signing won't be close.

And we move on to February.

Marmaduke

Money hasn't been a problem for a while now.

I agree with you man but common, we splashed on Özil and Sanchez and they both were quality buys. Before them our record purchase was Arshavin for the same price we purchased Callum Chambers... We will probably disagree but if Wenger does get a chance of getting a player HE rates he'll go for it. If Real would open negotiations on Benzema we would pounce, he simply was not for sale.

Look at United and the averageness they had to buy over the odds for.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I agree with you man but common, we splashed on Özil and Sanchez and they both were quality buys. Before them our record purchase was Arshavin for the same price we purchased Callum Chambers... We will probably disagree but if Wenger does get a chance of getting a player HE rates he'll go for it. If Real would open negotiations on Benzema we would pounce, he simply was not for sale.

Look at United and the averageness they had to buy over the odds for.

I agree, if Benzema becomes available Wenger will go and get him. Might even pay over the odds.

But how many star players become available in January? And there's no reason for Benzema to become available, he's the starting option at #9.

Marmaduke

I agree, if Benzema becomes available Wenger will go and get him. Might even pay over the odds.

But how many star players become available in January? And there's no reason for Benzema to become available, he's the starting option at #9.

Judging by how there was close to no talent available this Summer I'd hope (and its just a guess, nothing more) than something might pop up.

Just out of curiosity, out of all the incoming players in the PL this transfer season, assuming they went for the same price, who would you reckon we should have gone for? In hindsight I'd take Benteke, his price tag actually seems quite reasonable all things considered. Otherwise I'm drawing blanks.

The DM issue however I'm also angry about. We should have gotten some adequate cover for Coq.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

I don't think any of those things happen, we're just too tight with the purse strings, Wenger was aloud to invest for 2 seasons but now it's back to profitering.

My hope is the players we have progress to be world class or really push up a level. So many players with potential that need to grasp the nettle.

Plus both Adelaide and Fortune turning out better that Martial would be a mini trophy of sorts

KROENKE OUT

I come here as a friend to give you info from Kroenke's backyard in Missouri.

First off... you will never win the league again with Kroenke owning the club. You all have been fooled by thinking it's Wenger this entire time not wanting to splash the cash.

Kroenke is very frugal... AND please listen to this.... Kroenke does NOT care about Arsenal winning or trophies or cares anything about your history or your club.. He ONLY cares about making MONEY! Let this set in before I go on because it's the truth.

I'm VERY surprised there has NOT been more and larger protest outside the Emirates like the Liverpool supporters were doing to Hicks and Gillette years back. I’m not sure if you all on the other side of the pond realize yet that Kroenke is worse than Hicks and Gillette.

It doesn’t seem like it but I have seen pictures like this on the net so maybe some supporters are starting to figure it out.

Bj6UNgFIQAA8vBh.jpg

I’m not sure how much you all understand with what is going on in the NFL and in ST. Louis Rams right now. Kroenke is trying to relocate a NFL franchise from a city that doesn’t deserve it at the moment. He has been threatening to spend and build a 2 billion dollar Stadium in LA. To do this he is going to have to pay major relocation fee from the NFL as well. This is why your summer transfer market only brought in basically one player this year in Petr Cech. I see that most of you continue to be fooled putting the blame on Wenger when the real person to blame should be Kroenke. He is Wenger’s boss and telling him what to do behind closed doors as far as spending. I think some of you need to do more research on what is going on with what Kroenke is doing to St. Louis at the moment and also how he runs his clubs he owns in the states.

Here is a click audio listen of example from a Sports talk radio host in Kansas City, Missouri speaking about Kroenke and what is going on in ST. Louis, Missouri. Keep in mind this is the equivalent of a Man United supporter talking about Liverpool.

Fast forward to the 6:40 mark of this audio link find out more about Silent Stan the greedy bastard who owns Arsenal.

http://www.101sports.com/podcasts/b...city-feels-for-the-football-fans-in-st-louis/

I can go on and on but I will not as I don’t have time. I just wanted to make you great supporters of Arsenal more aware if I can about the guy who is going to prevent you from ever winning the league again.

Just remember his goal is to make money and he is just fine with qualifying for Champions League every year with no trophies.

Truth

Kroenke is also posted new signs outside the Edward Jone’s Dome before last night final Rams preseason game to take away fans freedoms of speech.

25zr0pv.jpg

This is the man who owns your club.

ps. Wenger is class and every fan base of every club or franchise that Kroenke owns hates him here in the states for many different reasons... THE MAIN Reason is because he is a greedy crook who can careless about the fans and that he doesn't want to win and instead just wants to make more money off you by owning your club.

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
I come here as a friend to give you info from Kroenke's backyard in Missouri.

First off... you will never win the league again with Kroenke owning the club. You all have been fooled by thinking it's Wenger this entire time not wanting to splash the cash.

Kroenke is very frugal... AND please listen to this.... Kroenke does NOT care about Arsenal winning or trophies or cares anything about your history or your club.. He ONLY cares about making MONEY! Let this set in before I go on because it's the truth.

I'm VERY surprised there has NOT been more and larger protest outside the Emirates like the Liverpool supporters were doing to Hicks and Gillette years back. I’m not sure if you all on the other side of the pond realize yet that Kroenke is worse than Hicks and Gillette.

It doesn’t seem like it but I have seen pictures like this on the net so maybe some supporters are starting to figure it out.

Bj6UNgFIQAA8vBh.jpg

I’m not sure how much you all understand with what is going on in the NFL and in ST. Louis Rams right now. Kroenke is trying to relocate a NFL franchise from a city that doesn’t deserve it at the moment. He has been threatening to spend and build a 2 billion dollar Stadium in LA. To do this he is going to have to pay major relocation fee from the NFL as well. This is why your summer transfer market only brought in basically one player this year in Petr Cech. I see that most of you continue to be fooled putting the blame on Wenger when the real person to blame should be Kroenke. He is Wenger’s boss and telling him what to do behind closed doors as far as spending. I think some of you need to do more research on what is going on with what Kroenke is doing to St. Louis at the moment and also how he runs his clubs he owns in the states.

Here is a click audio listen of example from a Sports talk radio host in Kansas City, Missouri speaking about Kroenke and what is going on in ST. Louis, Missouri. Keep in mind this is the equivalent of a Man United supporter talking about Liverpool.

Fast forward to the 6:40 mark of this audio link find out more about Silent Stan the greedy bastard who owns Arsenal.

http://www.101sports.com/podcasts/b...city-feels-for-the-football-fans-in-st-louis/

I can go on and on but I will not as I don’t have time. I just wanted to make you great supporters of Arsenal more aware if I can about the guy who is going to prevent you from ever winning the league again.

Just remember his goal is to make money and he is just fine with qualifying for Champions League every year with no trophies.

Truth

Kroenke is also posted new signs outside the Edward Jone’s Dome before last night final Rams preseason game to take away fans freedoms of speech.

25zr0pv.jpg

This is the man who owns your club.

ps. Wenger is class and every fan base of every club or franchise that Kroenke owns hates him here in the states for many different reasons... THE MAIN Reason is because he is a greedy crook who can careless about the fans and that he doesn't want to win and instead just wants to make more money off you by owning your club.
I did mention in a thread, maybe this one, that I was surprised that Kroenke wasn't getting much criticism. The man brings nothing to this club, I find it unbelivable when people state how relieved they are we got him instead of Usmanov becuase "we're doing things the right way".

Balance is key

I did mention in a thread, maybe this one, that I was surprised that Kroenke wasn't getting much criticism. The man brings nothing to this club, I find it unbelivable when people state how relieved they are we got him instead of Usmanov becuase "we're doing things the right way".

Kroenke is a leach - there isnt any doubt that we are an investment and that he needs to make a profit every single year - Wenger is the perfect manager for him.

The man isnt even into football - he is into money.

This is why your summer transfer market only brought in basically one player this year in Petr Cech. I see that most of you continue to be fooled putting the blame on Wenger when the real person to blame should be Kroenke. He is Wenger’s boss and telling him what to do behind closed doors as far as spending. I think some of you need to do more research on what is going on with what Kroenke is doing to St. Louis at the moment and also how he runs his clubs he owns in the states.

this isnt correct though - Kroenke is the majority shareholder - but he dosnt have the power to decide anything without it being public knowledge - There was plenty of money available.

we (most) know that he dosnt care about anything but getting a good return on his investment - but you dont know anything about Arsenal if you actually believe this.

But Usmanov would have been in it for the trophies - not the money - and as always, it was a ***** who screwed us by selling her shares to Kroenke.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
People are blaming Kroenke? That's low. We know all Wenger has to do is ask for the money and they'll trust his judgement and give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom