• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Lobby: Introduce Yourself Here

TorontoGooner76

Hey everyone,

I'm new here. Arsenal fan in his late 30's from Canada. Been watching since Henry's first year, basically. Do my best to never miss watching a match, and I am a proud gunner amongst all the United and Chelsea fans there seem to be around here.

Anyways, glad to be here.

n0d3f

Welcome aboard fellow gooner! I musy say that Croatia is one of the best tourist destinations in this world. I've been there and visited Zagreb, Split and Dubrovnik.
Glad to hear it, but if you ever find your self in Split during the season, go see Hajduk. That will be special memory. Dinamo's chants have disappeared from Maksimir unfortunately.

Bager

I'm 26 years old, from Norway, spent two years in Southampton, finishing my advertising bachelor, and now in the process of hopefully finishing my ma in marketing.
Long time registered lurker, and actually had 3 posts to my account from way back.

But hopefully going to be abit more active now, will be honest and say straight out that I hope some of you guys can fill out my survey on social media usage by football fans as well, only 10 questions, so shouldnt take more than a few min, which should take your mind off our lack of transfer activity..

filmadept

Good morning, Gunners.

Full disclosure: I'm a defector.

I live in the States and about five years ago really became hooked on soccer/football/futbol during the World Cup.

Many of my soccer loving friends told me that if I wanted to remain invested in the sport between tournaments, I had to pick a team to follow.

Through some research, some friendly prodding and, admittedly, a couple of Arsenal fans I knew personally (and wanted nothing to do with), I found myself supporting Sp**s.

In those five years, a few things happened: I met a lot of Arsenal fans who were nothing like the initial two I knew, I fell in love with the sport, and became increasingly frustrated with how ridiculous the Tottenham front office conducted their business. This past transfer window sealed the deal for me and although I don't usually abide switching allegiences mid-stream, I am giving myself a one-time pass because of my lack of overall knowledge in the sport and its workings at the time I made my initial decision.

Stepping back, I decided it was time to re-evaluate my choice of side as it was becoming a detriment to my love of the sport. It may sound like sour grapes, but how Sp**s conducts business goes beyond "fiscal responsibility" to coming off like a laughing stock, and it shows a lack of dedication to the fans who support the squad.

So...after humbly approaching my Arsenal loving brethren (who, for the last four seasons, love calling me on St. Totteringham's Day and singing me a chant), they've agreed to accept me into the fold as I have "seen the light."

I guess the question now, is, does arsenal-mania do the same? :)

Proof

Established Member
Welcome to all of you!
Many of my soccer loving friends told me that if I wanted to remain invested in the sport between tournaments, I had to pick a team to follow.
That's true I guess. I follow NBA & NFL and don't support a particular team because those leagues are entertaining as hell!
I guess the question now, is, does arsenal-mania do the same?
Absolutely! Don't worry about it!

filmadept

Welcome to all of you!

That's true I guess. I follow NBA & NFL and don't support a particular team because those leagues are entertaining as hell!

Absolutely! Don't worry about it!

It was a conscious decision I had to make because finding games on television was such a challenge (until the new tv deal a couple of years ago).

And thanks for being so welcoming.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Welcome one and all:)
I have been a forum member since AM in days before Jonathan took over and now there are new owners.
I have seen it grow from small website/forum to how it is now.
I use to go on alot but hardly on now.
I was lucky enough to go to FA cup final but did not watch every minute of the game as I had to go inside the stadium ( I felt so ill due to the heat) and have some water)
I wonder on how the original forum members are .

Largs Gunner

First post on forum, based in west coast of Scotland follow club football up here and enjoy they style of the Arsenal.Looking forward to some football banter will fellow Gooners.

Greetings to All,

I am a gunners fans from Indonesia.

I am so in love with Arsenal since I watch first time in Adams and Viera era.

Wish to find some open minded friends here to share same vew as mine and to be frank and hones from the first time here.
I am an Wenger Out Brigade.

Not that I against the man personally, but just wants to see my old Arsenal's Glory Days come back again.

Thanks.

distantgoon

Morning. Am based in Brazil and have been for years. My first Arsenal season ticket was 85/86, which is up there for one of our worst seasons in history. Even Don Howe resigned...did catch David Rocastle's debut though. Like the current team, but like everyone else am pretty sure that with a Diego Costa (yikes) and a standby for young Coquellin we could take on allcomers and certainly crush Chelsea.

kiryl

Hi there,

I'm Kiryl from Auckland,New Zealand. I am 32, have two sons - 6 and 3 years old. I'm a software developer by trade. In my spare time I'm working on a football manager game for iPad.

I'm not a big fan of the Gunners in particular but love watching football in general. I would like to join the community since football falls far behind rugby and cricket in New Zealand in terms of public interest :(

GunnerJoe

Hi ive been a long time lurker and my 1st post in this forum I used to post alot in the olden Sky sports Forum /Arsenal ... by the way Im Gunner since I was a semen lol !! I get very pissed when we lose games and that I take it so badly..... but hey we're on the up!! a big believer of AW although he can be frustrating but hey I believe we're lucky we've got him!

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Hi ive been a long time lurker and my 1st post in this forum I used to post alot in the olden Sky sports Forum /Arsenal ... by the way Im Gunner since I was a semen lol !! I get very pissed when we lose games and that I take it so badly..... but hey we're on the up!! a big believer of AW although he can be frustrating but hey I believe we're lucky we've got him!

Welcome joe.

Don't be shy to post here.;)

Top Quality

Hello everyone! I've been following the forum for a while now, and even if I was only tempted into posting tonight, I hope that I'll keep posting also on less perfect evenings. I'm a 28 year old Arsenal fan currently living in Berlin - but in the past I've also lived in Glasgow, Oslo and London. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom