• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Giroud vs. Welbeck vs. Walcott: The battle for center forward

Balance is key

You don't play three different positions without having good technique and movement.

he was used as backup and he cant score when he is played on the left, his runs are beyond stupid, always the same, runs to the near post and shoots straight at the keeper or into the side-net.

no assists and no goals is what he can deliver when played as a LW - his workrate is good though.

when played central, his runs are much better, and his scoring record for united and England as CF is very good.

he failed here, but wenger pretty much ****ed him with our formation when he was tried as CF.

New team
New formation
entire team played like ****

its no wonder that he didnt do great when he had the chance as CF after he joined.

I was pissed that we bought him, but at least he can do a job, unlike chambers. the 32 mil pounds on those two should have been spend on a player who would actually improve us.

it might be fun that United overpaid for Martial - at least he is in their starting 11 while younger and far more talented than a mediocre talent, and a mediocre player

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Welbeck is decent, but has some serious flaws. If he's injured for another year he'll be the next Henry on here when he comes back.

Mastadon

Established Member
That's the Diaby effect it might well happen. Welbeck might not make it as first choice striker but I would start him on the right if he was fit. He's got pace,power and critically he would add height to our front 3. He's got a great work rate to boot. He either becomes the next Henry or Kuyt which isn't exactly a bad thing to have.

billyf

At some point I'd like to see Alexis, Welbeck, Theo and Oxlade in the same lineup. That's 4 players with world class pace there. Probably, that's the quickest lineup around.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Over 6ft, fast, work hards, powerful, can head the ball, great shooting power, great technique, great understanding of the game.

When it click. This will be beautiful.

Those attributes in bold are where he fails spectacularly. Like saying Giroud is like Van Basten in front of goal, or Henry was slow.

At this point, I have to ask you if there's another Welbeck playing for Arsenal de Sarandi of Argentina, because I'm confused and a bit worried.

Those attributes in bold are where he fails spectacularly. Like saying Giroud is like Van Basten in front of goal, or Henry was slow.

At this point, I have to ask you if there's another Welbeck playing for Arsenal de Sarandi of Argentina, because I'm confused and a bit worried.

I have a dream that one day we will agree on some player playing for the team we support!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I have hope for Welbeck, but I have not seen anything to suggest he will lead the line for us to an elite standard. Physically has the tools, but doesn't have the overall tactical nous for the position and while technically capable, he's very inconsistent in terms of touch and finishing.

I will say that his recycling of possession is actually superior to Giroud, who consistently has sub 70% pass completion - poor for a striker whose link-up play is supposedly a strength of his. However, Giroud clearly has more nous for the position in terms of positioning and movement.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Welbeck's 24, a full England international and can play anywhere across the front line. Trust me, the kid is an important part of our squad. His finishing needs to improve but that can be done on the training ground.

I said it last year & I'l say it again-he'll score important goals for us & be an important player for us. If he isn't starting then he's an excellent option to bring off the bench-that shows some squad depth right there.

If you don't think he can improve then you're shortsighted imo.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Welbeck's 24, a full England international and can play anywhere across the front line. Trust me, the kid is an important part of our squad. His finishing needs to improve but that can be done on the training ground.

I said it last year & I'l say it again-he'll score important goals for us & be an important player for us. If he isn't starting then he's an excellent option to bring off the bench-that shows some squad depth right there.

If you don't think he can improve then you're shortsighted imo.

The problem for Welbeck is, will he be happy to be on benches considering he came over from Utd's benches? He could move to a club like Sunderland or Villa and become a star player for them.

Also can't help but feel a lot of people are overestimating Welbeck's potential, the stuff we are saying about him is more or less the same stuff Utd fans have been saying for years.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I don't see it with Welbeck. Look at Martial's movement and finishing - it's light years ahead.

Welbeck like the Ox don't seem like natural footballers to me IMO. Seem like the type who picked up football really late.

Bould14

I don't see it with Welbeck. Look at Martial's movement and finishing - it's light years ahead.

Welbeck like the Ox don't seem like natural footballers to me IMO. Seem like the type who picked up football really late.
Welbeck has been at United's academy since he was like 9. End product leaves a lot to be desired, but tactically astute always in good defensive positions. He's like the ideal "support" player while the OX is pretty much an individualistic beast 1v1 .

pikey2000

You can't have an entire SQUAD of world class players, you need to have reliable players that you know will put a shift in when required but won't expect to play every game, this is what Welbeck offers.

Wiltord used to offer us the same.

Is he going to be our main RW/LW/CF at any point - I highly doubt it, but he is an important squad member.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
What was the point of him going from being a squad player at United to being a squad player here lol wont be long before he moves elsewhere. He's best going to Southampton/Everton if he wants regular football.

All depends on whether he values first team football over being settled at a club with lots of his England buddies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yeah, don't think Danny will be here beyond next year. Needed a good pre-season to stake a claim for a place - now he's firmly 3rd choice at CF and an option on the wing.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
Cant wait to see the back of him. He'll be 25 next month and doesn't look like he's improving. Lets be honest, at united we laughed at him. He's an Everton level player at best.

Top Bottom