• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Zagreb | Tue Nov 24th | 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best we've played in a while but the opposition were poor tonight. Can't believe we lost to this mob. Getting a 2 goal margin at Olympiakos is really tough. I have a sneaking feeling we'll do it though. Just.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Giroud actually made a few runs in behind their defence tonight - I don't know why he doesn't make those penetrating runs more often. You don't have to have Walcott-esque speed to pull it off.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I thought we look far more fluid and potent with Alexis as CF when Ramsey came on for Giroud tbh.
The game was wide open by then tbh. Still, Giroud's looking like he needs to be benched again and made to think he's starting spot is up for grabs. Theo can't come back soon enough. In some games we do look so much more fluid with pace up front-UTD. & Bayern @ home being two that spring to mind.

marting

The game was wide open by then tbh. Still, Giroud's looking like he needs to be benched again and made to think he's starting spot is up for grabs. Theo can't come back soon enough. In some games we do look so much more fluid with pace up front-UTD. & Bayern @ home being two that spring to mind.

I still don't understand all the Giroud bashing from the game, Yes he didn't score tonight, but his currently 6 in 8 I believe which is a decent return and what we would expect from any striker. His run for the first goal deserves credit, I mean come on from the half way line he run faster then I have seen him run before, there was obviously desire there, which is the minimum I expect. Yes he didn't have a great game, he had an ok game though. We are all complaining that we are missing Walcott, and yes his an advantage in some games, but his not half as consistent as Giroud and is plagued by injuries.

His improved greatly year on year. Give the guy credit, The fact his the best we have up front is a Wenger issue not a Giroud problem.

haha_arsenal

Half of the team had a very good game,

only Giroud, Hector, and Cech had an average game so I guess we have to blame someone for something and that's Giroud.

ipgs

Wenger's use of Ramsey last night was also spot on. Didn't start him and only introduced him in the last 20+ minutes. Also asked him to play the role before his injury and didn't tinker the formation.

With our limited current resources, surrounding Özil with Campbell, Ramsey and Alexis could be the most lethal for the time being.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
If we manage to get 2nd, which will be very difficult imo, the teams we could face doesn't look as daunting as usual. Avoid Barca and Real and you probably have a chance of Zenit, Benfica and hopefully Porto, Juve or PSV/Wolfsburg if the English teams don't finish 1st.

I simply don't get how we could lose to them...and to Oly home-massive underestimation from the team I suppose (+ Ospina's howler)...The last match will be pretty fun though:)

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
If we manage to get 2nd, which will be very difficult imo, the teams we could face doesn't look as daunting as usual. Avoid Barca and Real and you probably have a chance of Zenit, Benfica and hopefully Porto, Juve or PSV/Wolfsburg if the English teams don't finish 1st.
Good point. Good news on top of a good performance and no new injuries yesterday.

By the way this was our 5th 3-0 win in our last 10 matches. 3-0 to the Arsenal!

YaGunnersYa
YaMesutYa
YaAlexisYa

Never change a winning score:
3-0 v Norwich once more.

(getting in St. Nicolas mood)

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I still don't understand all the Giroud bashing from the game, Yes he didn't score tonight, but his currently 6 in 8 I believe which is a decent return and what we would expect from any striker. His run for the first goal deserves credit, I mean come on from the half way line he run faster then I have seen him run before, there was obviously desire there, which is the minimum I expect. Yes he didn't have a great game, he had an ok game though. We are all complaining that we are missing Walcott, and yes his an advantage in some games, but his not half as consistent as Giroud and is plagued by injuries.

His improved greatly year on year. Give the guy credit, The fact his the best we have up front is a Wenger issue not a Giroud problem.
Not bashing Giroud at all (i've generally stuck up for OG)-just think he could do with a breather. The competition with Theo was good for both players and more importantly the team. Giroud always scores & it was a great diversionary run for Özil's goal-however, his overall impact on the game was minimal imo and even Wenger said post-game that he needed a breather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom