• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Sturridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmile

Established Member
if we had a real history of helping players get over their injury troubles then i'd be all for this.....but we don't .......over the past few years half of our squad has been out indefinitely with weird long term misdiagnosed injuries

Bananacoffee

Real talent? How many strikers out there who can score goals like this? Can count them on one hand...

You can't score any goals from the physio room, let alone those kind of goals.

I'm in a bad mood today, so I'll say it as it is; even entertaining the idea of buying Sturridge is beyond stupid.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can't score any goals from the physio room, let alone those kind of goals.

I'm in a bad mood today, so I'll say it as it is; even entertaining the idea of buying Sturridge is beyond stupid.

How so?

We're unlikely to spend that money else where.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Exactly, we don't get a bonus for saving money.

If we've done our business to the best of our ability and still have some money to spare, buying a player who could potentially win you the title isn't a bad move.

Bananacoffee

Sturridge doesn't win you the title from the bench or physio room.

We don't know how and when we're spending money, so I don't buy the argument that we might as well take a huge risk in Sturridge. Think it's a myth we're not willing to spend, so can we stop assuming we're not spending anything and Sturridge is the only guy out there we can buy.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sturridge doesn't win you the title from the bench or physio room.

We don't know how and when we're spending money, so I don't buy the argument that we might as well take a huge risk in Sturridge. Think it's a myth we're not willing to spend, so can we stop assuming we're not spending anything and Sturridge is the only guy out there we can buy.

A myth? Do you not remember last summer.

Money in the bank doesn't win you the league either. If it's Sturridge or no one, I know what want.

Bananacoffee

A myth? Do you not remember last summer.

Money in the bank doesn't win you the league either. If it's Sturridge or no one, I know what want.

I also remember the summers before that, let's not make up stuff that isn't there.
I get your point, but we shouldn't base our arguments on an assessment of what Wenger might or might not do, rather on wether or not the player is worth the money. Sturridge is so obviously not.

Sweggeh

I don't know the back story on Sturridge's injury and why he cannot seem to get going. But if Arsène and the coaching crew and confident they can get at least 30-40 games a season out of him, we need to bring him in.

We need a top striker in the summer, and it seems Sturridge and Benzema are the only realistic options who may be on the move.

easy Z

I don't know the back story on Sturridge's injury and why he cannot seem to get going. But if Arsène and the coaching crew and confident they can get at least 30-40 games a season out of him, we need to bring him in.
Arsène and the coaching crew can't seem to get 30-40 games out of any of their players these days. So what chance would they have with someone with the recent injury record of Sturridge?

BBF

Arsène and the coaching crew can't seem to get 30-40 games out of any of their players these days. So what chance would they have with someone with the recent injury record of Sturridge?

We got a full season out of Van Judas, who also played another 38 games for Manure

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Catu8q-W4AAxddQ.png

/case

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A lot of muscle problems a la RVP. Possible to recover from, it's the big ligament injuries that add up over time. That's how Diaby went.

Sweggeh

Mahrez isn't a reliable player to be honest, he could easily end up as a one season wonder. It would probably take £40m to bring him in too. Might as well spend £30m on Yarmolenko who is a better player.

spartandre217

Established Member
Mahrez isn't a reliable player to be honest, he could easily end up as a one season wonder. It would probably take £40m to bring him in too. Might as well spend £30m on Yarmolenko who is a better player.

Nah Mahrez isn't likely to be a one season wonder

penalties not included)

xG this season 7.02 - 10 goals

Last season's performance comparing Alexis and Mahrez per90
Mahrez 2014/15-- Alexis 2014/15 -- Mahrez 2015/16
Key Pass 1.77 -- 2.17 -- 1.42
Assists 0.13 -- 0.24 -- 0.46
Chances created 1.9 -- 2.42 -- 1.88
Goals Scored 0.17 -- 0.49 -- 0.64
Shot Accuracy 51% -- 62% -- 65%
Pass completion 74% -- 77% -- 80%
Dribbles 3.33-- 3.52 -- 3.58

The biggest difference for him this year is the teammates finishing chances, his shooting accuracy and the location of shots. He's taking shots from better positions, mostly in the box and in high xG areas, and is getting more of them on target

Admittedly he is in a rich vein of form but his production is roughly the same.

I can say this pretty confidently because at this stage of the season he's played almost exactly the same number of minutes as all of last season and in terms of number of shots, dribbles, key passes and chances created he's either the same or **WORSE** than he was last season.

Now you could argue that they play a different system that's more suited to his talents but calling him a 1 season wonder would be doing him an injustice. The guy is great and could very well be in the same bracket as our Alexis.

If Mahrez is available for any money and you see yourself using him in a similar fashion as Leicester are then you'd be off your gourd if you didn't consider him worth 25m pounds +. Shoot even at 40m he'd be reasonably good value.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Sturridge is playing now on BT Sport 2, lad just oozes class. Has everything you'd want from a CF other than functioning legs.

Big fan of your posts by the way @spartandre217 , good to have another stats user around :drool:

Mahrez (and Vardy, but to a lesser extent) were both performing very well at the end of last season. Helped pull Leicester up the table when everyone was tipping them for relegation.

SteveEvets

Sturridge would be immense here for sure. Only problem, apart from his injury record, is the fact that we'd have to deal with Liverpool.

Also with Mahrez and Vardy, if they make CL their fees are going to go up at least £10m more. Plus with the TV money kicking in, they'll be in a strong position to defend offers from other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom