• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players On Loan 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Akpom having a relatively decent game but missed 2 headers. Needs to sort out his heading.

Also had a moment where he actually decided to pass and not shoot. Hes probably trying not to be greedy but it was wrong option.

Rooting for Chuba, come on.
He missed another good chance. Hit the bar in the area.

He didn't have a bad game IMO, did well to hold up the ball against physically superior defenders at points and some of his movement was good but he just doens't click with the players in that team IMO and looks very short of belief. Most of those chances I'm certain he would bury if he was confident and on form. More reason for me to believe that none of these loans have helped Akpom, and he'd have been better off getting the kind of chances that Iwobi had gotten.

I maintain that Akpom's progression was stunted the moment Wenger decided to sign Yaya Sanogo. Sanogo's opportunities should rightfully have been Akpom's IMO.

indy23

Do you think preseason performances carry that much weight though?

I think who's chosen to go on tour tells you the players which are closest, but in terms of actual integration into the first team, that's done over a longer period imo.

Jeff starred last preseason and he's been surpassed on the track to the first team by iwobi and probably Willock too.

Preseason has its ups and downs, Gervinho looked like a stud in preseason but we saw how was in real games.

BlueBear

Hi guys, I'm a Rangers fan and I've posted on here before with regards to Zelalem.

I did hope we'd get Zelalem back for next season as Mark Warburton would do a very good job of developing him. Rangers could be in Europe next season and I think Zelalem's passing football could've been a good fit for that stage. However, it now looks like Rangers are about to sign Jordan Rossiter from Liverpool on a permanent deal. I don't think we'll have two up and coming deep lying playmakers at the club at the same time so that looks like it for Zelalem.

I wish Zelalem the very best of luck with his next club although I'm not sure where he goes from here. The boy is very lightweight and I don't think British football is where he should be right now.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has he finally turned a corner? Use to keep an eye on him but gave up. Alot of those saves are quality, if they were made by Cech we'd all be saying what a difference his made.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Give him another loan at Roma like Tortoise at Atletico, Alisson the Brazil NT GK is joining Roma so should be another competitive development for him.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He wants to stay at Roma, I've always been a fan of Szczesny, still see him as a long term Cech successor. A 2/3 year loan (ala Courtois to Atleti) would be ideal.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Midfielder Jon Toral was the big winner this evening at Blues' end of season awards at The Vox, Resorts World.
The talented Spanish youngster, who netted eight goals in 38 appearances during the 2015/16 campaign, won the prestigious Supporter’s Player of the Season. Toral was way ahead of his nearest rivals with 40 per cent of the vote.

His incredible volley against Ipswich Town in Blues’ 3-0 win was voted Goal of the Season.

And to cap off a wonderful evening for the Arsenal loanee, he received the plaudits of his peers after being voted as the Player’s Player of the Season.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/blues-birmingham-city-jon-toral-3105775.aspx#dk6XyzXO3b8Ywo2A.99

http://www.bcfc.com//news/article/blues-birmingham-city-jon-toral-3105775.aspx

Toral had a very succesful loan spell. Will be interesting to see what happens with him in preseason although I don't see a place in the squad for him.. Must say I'm impressed he's come back so strong after those knee injuries at such a young age and how much time he missed during a crucial part of his developement. Thought he was done for at the top level, but seems like I was wrong.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Toral interview:

"Seeing players like Alex and Hector, they have been given the chance and taken it. I look forward to what's coming next.

"Arsenal have always been a team which has given young guys a chance and that was one of the reasons which made me go there when I was 16.

"I think I'm ready but it's not for me to decide, you need someone to give you the chance at that level and it's up to Arsenal to decide if I'm ready or not.

"As a player, the next step is playing at the highest level and that's the Premier League."

Wenger has come under heavy pressure from fans for failing to win the league, which went to shock winners Leicester, but Toral backed the Frenchman to finally deliver.

"There's no one more capable of getting a title for Arsenal than the gaffer. They have been closer this season and we'll see what happens next year."

"It would have been better to finish off in the play-offs and fighting for promotion but it wasn't meant to be," he said. "I've learnt a lot on and off the pitch. I've learnt so much from the Championship and from my team-mates and the staff."

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Arsenal youngster Jon Toral determined to be next off production line and force his way into Arsène Wenger's thinking
  • Jon Toral has been on loan at Birmingham City for the season
  • The Spaniard scored eight goals in 38 games for Gary Rowett's side
  • Toral, 21, is determined to break into the Arsenal first team next term
  • Midfielder is confident he can emulate Alex Iwobi and Hector Bellerin

Midfielder Jon Toral has vowed to force his way into the Arsenal squad and prove he can cut it in the Barclays Premier League.

The 21-year-old wants to make the breakthrough at the Gunners after a successful season-long loan at Birmingham.

He won the Supporters' Player of the Year, Players' Player of the Year and Goal of the Season awards at their end of season bash on Monday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...break-Arsène-Wenger-s-term.html#ixzz48MR8IoRC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Toast

Established Member
Can one of you more knowledgable members give me a quick summary of Toral? I.e. playing style / role, his expected impact for next season (assuming he'll make the squad), potential for growth, weaknesses etc. etc.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
smiley-laughing002.gif

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Can one of you more knowledgable members give me a quick summary of Toral? I.e. playing style / role, his expected impact for next season (assuming he'll make the squad), potential for growth, weaknesses etc. etc.

I've followed Toral closely since his arrival, hoping he'd be the next Cesc of course. In terms of playing style he's far, far away from Cesc. He's a goalscoring midfielder, with great technique, a good engine and a good eye for a pass. I always compare him to Lampard in terms of playing style, loves arriving late in the box and posts good numbers from midfield.

If he does play here, I assume it'd be to take over Rosicky's role in the squad. Toral can operate at CM, but when played behind the striker, he's more a traditional second striker than a playmaker. I think he has the potential to develop into a fine player, and I'd love that to be here. He's left a lasting impression during each of his loan spells, my cousin Andre Gray, who played with him at Brentford, says he has a brilliant work ethic toward training too.

One weakness I'd say is his pace, he's not the quickest player, though he is a good dribbler and knows how to use his 6 ft + frame. He also tends to pick up lengthy injuries, which might just be more unfortunate than anything. Anyway, looking forward to seeing him play pre-season, hope he convinces Arsène to keep him around. Would be great to see him and Bellerin both establish themselves here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom