• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyden

You legend. Usgooner

Again typifies what I said, santis left foot can't defend walcott without referring to giroud;)

Walcott is garbage whatever stats say on past games. Look at the guys overall contribution 2hich is **** all

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
With these two paragraphs, you've made a fool of yourself.

-If he played a key role or not isn't really the issue, we won the games. A lot of football is what happens off the ball, Theo tends to occupy the oppositions defence creating spaces.
So winning the games is all that matters, even though Theo didn't play a key role, correct ?
Then explain to us how did Theo's 9 goals contribute more to winning games than Giroud's 21 goals ?

But acording to you, it's still Giroud's fault as noted below.
Also, I hate bringing up Giroud again but most of our players don't like playing with him; both in stats and now with body language. Maybe Theo was a bit unfit and had not recovered properly but was still doing ok in this period.
So now you're the resident shrink as well ?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Look at this ****, man.

Firstly, Welbeck throws himself to the ground trying to win a FREE KICK, when if he applies himself he could be looking at an open ****ing goal.

Then, the man who dons the number 14 shirt, with one of the worst 50-50 bottles I've ever seen.

I'd honestly sell all three of our 'strikers'.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Look at this ****, man.

Firstly, Welbeck throws himself to the ground trying to win a FREE KICK, when if he applies himself he could be looking at an open ****ing goal.

Then, the man who dons the number 14 shirt, with one of the worst 50-50 bottles I've ever seen.

I'd honestly sell all three of our 'strikers'.

That cowardice from him is equally good as this one

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
-Remember Leicester play 4-4-2. I think they exploited that well this season.

- I agree I think there might be more to this than meets the eye. Maybe Wenger wasn't seeing enough in training? Fall out? I don't know. There were some games that were calling out for a fit Theo.
Yeah the guy is practically int he same bracket as Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Aguero if only he played in the right formation... like we're not getting the best out of him because we're not playing 4-4-2. Like when he is one on one with a keeper and messes it up he wouldn't have if the positions of the entire team were set to adapt to him.

Like the players I've mentioned its quite clear that top forwards must play in the ideal formation for them or they can't finish even when they get perfectly created chances that has nothing to do with formation or could influence actually finishing that chance.

Get rid of him and Giroud, bring in Reus/Aubemyang and Ibrahomivic, simples really.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah the guy is practically int he same bracket as Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Aguero if only he played in the right formation... like we're not getting the best out of him because we're not playing 4-4-2. Like when he is one on one with a keeper and messes it up he wouldn't have if the positions of the entire team were set to adapt to him.

Like the players I've mentioned its quite clear that top forwards must play in the ideal formation for them or they can't finish even when they get perfectly created chances that has nothing to do with formation or could influence actually finishing that chance.

Get rid of him and Giroud, bring in Reus/Aubemyang and Ibrahomivic, simples really.

61085500.jpg

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
With these two paragraphs, you've made a fool of yourself.

So winning the games is all that matters, even though Theo didn't play a key role, correct ?
Then explain to us how did Theo's 9 goals contribute more to winning games than Giroud's 21 goals ?

But acording to you, it's still Giroud's fault as noted below.

So now you're the resident shrink as well ?

Here we go again. What is your argument this time I can't even tell?

Yes, winning games is all that matters.

Santi's Left Foot

like we're not getting the best out of him because we're not playing 4-4-2. Like when he is one on one with a keeper and messes it up he wouldn't have if the positions of the entire team were set to adapt to him.

I take it you're been sarcastic? The reason that comparison was made is because someone brought Leicester and the high press they use.

We play with one CF (usually Giroud) so not a chance of that tactic would have worked for us this season. Theo should be playing off the last shoulder.

Santi's Left Foot

You legend. Usgooner

Again typifies what I said, santis left foot can't defend walcott without referring to giroud;)

Walcott is garbage whatever stats say on past games. Look at the guys overall contribution 2hich is **** all

Haha. Another troll, bringing them all out the woodwork this thread.

indy23

Lol. He sucks but has all the characteristics to put an Arsène Wenger side to the sword. Klopp/Pepe will use him and make him look better than he is... Oh and if arsenal are a big club they wont sell him to either of those 2 but... We will. #profits.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I take it you're been sarcastic? The reason that comparison was made is because someone brought Leicester and the high press they use.

We play with one CF (usually Giroud) so not a chance of that tactic would have worked for us this season. Theo should be playing off the last shoulder.
The point I'm making is if he was good enough he would've scored plenty of times and contributed more. There have been chances put on a plate for him and he hasn't finished them. I'm not saying he can't produce but hes been poor this season and he's wildly inconsistent at best, there's much better players out there who are much more consistent and don't need to be played in a particular system. He generally does play off the shoulder of the full back when eh plays he just hasn't been able to do much because of poor form and his general level not being good enough.

He could've been a much better footballer but he got injured and I can't see us getting anything out of him anytime soon... he's not worth the investment in time or money given the general lack of ability in the team. I'm not saying he can't turn it around but we've been giving players like Walcott, Giroud and Ramsey far too much time while they're not producing anything...its time we keep only players who are consistently producing at a high level. Sticking with a layer this long is admirable but sometimes you have to call it a day.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Might want to upgrade your sarcasm detector.

Touche, seems like Jury's gaydar somehow conflicted with my sarcasm detector, my bad, my bad.

Tbh though, Ive always had the slight fear that he could go somewhere like liverpool and reproduce the (semi)productive seasons he has had with us or better, in a formation more suited to him.

He seems to be a very confidence type player, and I could see him going on a good run in the right team.

Still doesn't change the fact that I want him gone here, its just not working, when he is in bad form he is f*cking terrible and for whatever reason he is not consistently performing in our formation anymore.

He also isn't a player Id build my entire gameplan around.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Walcott needs a whole host of things to come together for him to perform. He isn't as rubbish as his current form suggests, but he isn't the standard we want. Only a player like Sanchez is allowed a dip in form, because we know that its just a dip and when he's back firing he'll win us games on his own. Sell Walcott to Liverpool for 15m and buy Mahrez for 40m. We immediately start looking a lot better.
If Liverpool extract more out of him than we could, then fair play to them. I wish him well but have lost patience with him..Wenger is going to get only one season to save his reputation here and I don't want walcott's see-saw form to be a factor next year.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We need something like in the NHL with affiliate teams that play in the amateur league. Put Walcott on a two-way contract, send him to birmingham or something to fight his way back or rot away on a low salary.

eye4goal

Established Member
I could see him doing well at a club like West Ham or maybe even Leicester(as a sub). His best form was in 2012-13 when we played more direct football, and played on the counter. Fabregas, and later on Cazorla were very good at finding Theo early, and from deep positions.

We need a front-four that's all on the similar level technically to play the sort of football we're trying to play. This is why for me Iwobi is doing much better and is looking more natural than Ox and Walcott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom