• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: 20 Years and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The little spurt at the end was quite expressive. You can't see him doing any of this ever again. The defeats have ripped it out of him.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The little spurt at the end was quite expressive. You can't see him doing any of this ever again. The defeats have ripped it out of him.

His followers have lost their faith, the board only want to make money and the players have lost their form, perhaps that's what's ripped it out of him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His followers have lost their faith, the board only want to make money and the players have lost their form, perhaps that's what's ripped it out of him.
He ripped it out of himself tbh. Hari Kari management. The money always was, and still is, there to spend. Wenger says so.

Ghoulfest

Imagine us next season. Wenger, I think recently said that changes are not needed to the squad in the summer meaning he probably won't be addressing our main issues. Man City, Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, Sp**s will have better squads and management than us. Can't see us getting top 4, especially with Giroud as our only striker.

I really think he will leave at the end of next season

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Wenger's face next season will look scared,confsued,frustrated like always when Arsenal plays.He will problem to zip his jacket and he will look in the floor when things aren't go well.Just comapre him and Klop or Simeone on that point.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Wenger's face next season will look scared,confsued,frustrated like always when Arsenal plays.He will problem to zip his jacket and he will look in the floor when things aren't go well.Just comapre him and Klop or Simeone on that point.
Arsene_Wenger_during_the_West_Bromwich_Albion_v.png

This is literally the only face i see him pull nowadays :lol: It's his " I'm not impressed with how **** we look" face. Which of course is every ****ing game.

lyden

I fully agree on point 7 but the rest I'm afraid is pure nonsense and a lot of what you say is based on your opinion i.e. the style of play and quality decreasing but on the contrary I happen to think the quality of our game has existed in most matches recently but we've lacked sharpness up front to make our chances count.

There are a lot of stupid managers and sporting directors presently who are blindly spending vasts amounts of money on lots of average players hoping it will lead to success whilst abandoning more important things like building cohesiveness, a style of play and balance in the squad. Wenger will always spend on truly world class players or players he deems will certainly improve the squad. There have been one or two occasions when I've questioned his approach in the transfer market but overall he's done consistently well and has never carelessly wasted money on a Di Maria, Veron or Schneiderlin etc.
Many players still want to play for Arsenal under Wenger, the likes of Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Mata and many others in the past have all said they'd play their trade at the emirates and I know its only rumours but apparently when Messi was having contractual negotiation issues with Barcelona three years ago he confessed to his agents that if there was no progress with Barca the two European clubs that interested him were; Arsenal and Inter Milan. A plethora of the worlds elite players want to join Arsenal, we are a huge draw, based in London, the manager is brilliant and we have a clear playing identity.
You say Arsène only purchases rejects but look at the majority of Leicester City's first XI which is full of guys who were rejected from the top clubs when they were youngsters but they worked hard together to achieve something truly remarkable. Thierry Henry was rejected at Juventus and Viera was a reject at Ac Milan. Do you regret the manager signing these players? Your whole argument lacks strength.

If he's regressed in his capabilities to develop young players then why is it every year a youngster has broken through to the first team and looked fairly comfortable?
In the last five years Ramsey, Wilshere, Iwobi, Chamberlain, Sceszney, Gibbs and Bellerin have all developed maturity under Arsène and showed they could play at champions league level. Barring Ferguson's United group in the 90s give me any other team thats consistently integrated youngsters whilst maintaining there place in Europe elite competition?
I know our academy has had some issue's recently but players are on the whole still well looked after and immersed into our playing-style. Look at Chelsea loaning out 30 youngsters every year, would you prefer this embarrassment of a setup?
I think the reason many players haven't kicked on in their development here is mainly due to the constant injuries within the squad which leads to the team's attacking dynamics and defensive approach deviating continuously meaning there is no cohesiveness and a lack of understanding between the players; I think Aaron Ramsey is one player whose form has negatively been affected by this.

I actually believe Wenger has sharpened his tactical nous somewhat in recent seasons adopting a more pragmatic approach when necessary. At home against Barcelona if you watch the game again his setup and strategy were suitable for that match but the team shot themselves in the foot and didn't maintain their discipline.
On the whole though I completely concur with you on our passing game not suiting certain players and in order to effectively fulfill this system whats required firstly is a central midfielder with awareness, passing range and distribution skills i.e. Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere and of course Cazorla who've all been injured for the bulk of the season and if you attempt to play this brand of football without a midfielder to build up play then you'll struggle and at the top level your team will be punished. Unfortunately Wenger was very naive this season in regards to trying to play this way when it clearly wasn't effective.

I dont think our wage structure is as foolish and laughable as other football clubs whom have truly average players who've rarely played in the champions league on ridiculous amounts of money and anyway players wages aren't fully down to the coach so I dont see how this is a dominant reason to point at Wengers ineptitude?
Walcott was fantastic between 2011-2013, at that time he was the countries most productive wide man in terms of goals and assists creating and he really looked like he was adding to his game but injuries set him back in 2014. Ever since we signed Sanchez, Welbeck as well as having Iwobi, Campbell, Chamberlain and last year Podolski was around so its been difficult for Theo current to harness his best form but considering the current market coincided with what he did for us in 2013 he deserves his wages.

When the team is 1-0 or 2-1 up with a few minutes to go but push players out to keep possession in the opponents half but end up conceding they are criticized for not defending proficiently however when its the other way round, team are one goal ahead with a couple of minutes remaining so sit deep to protect their lead they are slammed by fans for allowing the opponents onto them, at the end of the day its all about balance and playing smarter but this isn't a problem exclusive to Arsenal.

He's done consistently well in the transfer market? Okay so last window he added zero players to a team who finished how many points off the top? Fail.

Season before he added Sanchez, excellent signing. Ospina decent signing. Buying debuchy for 12m and letting sagna Go? Dumbest decision. Welbeck 16m, awful. He is awful. Chambers 16m and not given a chance. Gabriel..... he is bad.

Season before signs sanogo and flamini..... along with Özil. Özil great coup. But wtf does he see in sanogo? I could see in 5 mins he was garbage. Are we that lacking in cash we settle for flamini?

Cygan, sender's, stepanovs, shaaban, kallstrom, djourou, denilson, santos,almunia,sanogo,Jeffers, poom,flamini,Gabriel, debuchy,park, giroud, squillachi, silvestre, welbeck.... the list goes on, how can you honestly say this is consistently good, it is consistently bad and not only the signings, it consistently is left to the last minute or there are areas we n lack and are not strengthened. Which comes back to my first point of no signings this season

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
He's done consistently well in the transfer market? Okay so last window he added zero players to a team who finished how many points off the top? Fail.

Season before he added Sanchez, excellent signing. Ospina decent signing. Buying debuchy for 12m and letting sagna Go? Dumbest decision. Welbeck 16m, awful. He is awful. Chambers 16m and not given a chance. Gabriel..... he is bad.

Season before signs sanogo and flamini..... along with Özil. Özil great coup. But wtf does he see in sanogo? I could see in 5 mins he was garbage. Are we that lacking in cash we settle for flamini?

Cygan, sender's, stepanovs, shaaban, kallstrom, djourou, denilson, santos,almunia,sanogo,Jeffers, poom,flamini,Gabriel, debuchy,park, giroud, squillachi, silvestre, welbeck.... the list goes on, how can you honestly say this is consistently good, it is consistently bad and not only the signings, it consistently is left to the last minute or there are areas we n lack and are not strengthened. Which comes back to my first point of no signings this season

Consistent in his judgement of which players to purchase that'll integrate well into the squad and in general he's got it spot on.. You cant just buy for the sake of buying, last summer Wenger was looking for absolute world class players, an elite forward and midfielder, but there was none available for sale or players who wanted to join another club like Griezmann.

In the summer of 2013 he bought Flamini back in because of his experience, knowledge of the club and fitness levels which surprised Arsène as he'd been injured on & off before then and Sanogo had a great under 20s championship with France combining good physical and technical attributes, sure he never did well here but all coaches get it wrong sometimes. Ferguson over the years brought in tosh like Cryuff, Djemba, Fortune whilst also failing to know how to inject world class players into the set up he had i.e. Forlan and Veron. This goes for all managers.

indy23

Whenever wenger says no big changes comin, it usually means that. Apart maybe a young striker, i honestly don't see him buying. Sucks but thats the bottom line. Anyways euros are in his home country and he gotta collect that TV analyst cheque. God, the dismay from the start to finish of the transfer window will be as bad as a few years ago.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Whenever wenger says no big changes comin, it usually means that. Apart maybe a young striker, i honestly don't see him buying. Sucks but thats the bottom line. Anyways euros are in his home country and he gotta collect that TV analyst cheque. God, the dismay from the start to finish of the transfer window will be as bad as a few years ago.

I remember that Michael Essien thread at 11pm on transfer deadline day...

dysphoria

Established Member
If i have to go through yet another season of watching giroud, walcott and welbeck as our forward options and potentially sanogo coming back from loan, instead of going to
Amsterdam this year for my holidays, i will change the ticket to London so that when i land and reach Hertfordshire by taxi, i will proceed to **** into my hands and fling the peanut riddled clegs of ****(airline food) through the bars in colney at wenger's direction.

If i can't reach him, i will wait outside the carpark, i'm pretty sure he'll be driving a 1990's Volvo. Can't ****ing take it anymore.

Mastadon

Established Member
Consistent in his judgement of which players to purchase that'll integrate well into the squad and in general he's got it spot on.. You cant just buy for the sake of buying, last summer Wenger was looking for absolute world class players, an elite forward and midfielder, but there was none available for sale or players who wanted to join another club like Griezmann.

In the summer of 2013 he bought Flamini back in because of his experience, knowledge of the club and fitness levels which surprised Arsène as he'd been injured on & off before then and Sanogo had a great under 20s championship with France combining good physical and technical attributes, sure he never did well here but all coaches get it wrong sometimes. Ferguson over the years brought in tosh like Cryuff, Djemba, Fortune whilst also failing to know how to inject world class players into the set up he had i.e. Forlan and Veron. This goes for all managers.

The board must be full of people like you. Making excuses and blaming everyone else.

StoppageTime

But wtf does he see in sanogo?

**** me, completely forgot about Sanogo. Honestly if Wenger stays and tries to use Yaya to justify not getting a striker I might actually have to take a year off. Another year of Giroud, Jesus Christ. Jesus ****ing Christ. Id actually rather Wenger stayed another year if it was between getting rid of him or that donkey ****.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You keep trying to use logic to overcome prejudice. Throughout the whole history of mankind tell me when that's ever worked.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If i have to go through yet another season of watching giroud, walcott and welbeck as our forward options and potentially sanogo coming back from loan, instead of going to
Amsterdam this year for my holidays, i will change the ticket to London so that when i land and reach Hertfordshire by taxi, i will proceed to **** into my hands and fling the peanut riddled clegs of ****(airline food) through the bars in colney at wenger's direction.

If i can't reach him, i will wait outside the carpark, i'm pretty sure he'll be driving a 1990's Volvo. Can't ****ing take it anymore.
F***ing hell . . . . £8m and he drives a 90s Volvo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom