• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hernandez leading our attack as a lone striker?

19dca0ff513b1054e3301a4a53961670.jpg

Should replace Walcott if anything.

Jaded

Morata? I still reserves my judgement on this fella. I have post similar post 2 years ago when we were linked with him before his move to Juve. Not a big fan of him, even though I have been watching this guy close to hundred matches since his cantera days. His offside awareness still need a lot of improvement, doesn't have a lot of finishing technique, and quite weak for a big guy and his heading ability has deteriorate since his move.

His story is kinda similar to another player Borja Bastón (Atlético Madrid), both of them are potential star who scores tonnes of goals during their youth days for club and NT. Both of them felt unwanted and was either loaned out or sold to other club and making their name over there. Heck, I don't think there's major gap between them both potentially tbh. I still believe he has already nearing his ceiling. I just don't see anything special about him for us to bid that kinda crazy money Juve is asking.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Morata? I still reserves my judgement on this fella. I have post similar post 2 years ago when we were linked with him before his move to Juve. Not a big fan of him, even though I have been watching this guy close to hundred matches since his cantera days. His offside awareness still need a lot of improvement, doesn't have a lot of finishing technique, and quite weak for a big guy and his heading ability has deteriorate since his move.

His story is kinda similar to another player Borja Bastón (Atlético Madrid), both of them are potential star who scores tonnes of goals during their youth days for club and NT. Both of them felt unwanted and was either loaned out or sold to other club and making their name over there. Heck, I don't think there's major gap between them both potentially tbh. I still believe he has already nearing his ceiling. I just don't see anything special about him for us to bid that kinda crazy money Juve is asking.

It seems like you know him well so can't really argue with that. I've always had my reservations but let's face it we're ****ing desperate atm and it isn't really a standout market.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Informative post, its interesting to see so many conflicting views from people who watch him regularly.

On the topic that Borja Bastón has a good record, something like 18 goals in 29 starts in La Liga, plus he is fairly tall and only 23? (edit: 29 starts and 7 sub appearances.)

Do you think he would to well, and by extension be less of a gamble than Morata?

Last edited:

Thanks mate! U seems to know your stuff!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He'll probably go for a lot less in the end, £30-38M.

Higuain will be £60-70M which we don't stand a chance with.

Jaded

It seems like you know him well so can't really argue with that. I've always had my reservations but let's face it we're ****ing desperate atm and it isn't really a standout market.

I do know him well, too well in fact. He came from a very prestigious family, his dad Alfonso is practically a legend in Spanish broadcasting history, he literally build the foundation of Spanish modern radio show like SER and COPE.

Informative post, its interesting to see so many conflicting views from people who watch him regularly.

On the topic that Borja Bastón has a good record, something like 18 goals in 29 starts in La Liga, plus he is fairly tall and only 23? (edit: 29 starts and 7 sub appearances.)

Do you think he would to well, and by extension be less of a gamble than Morata?

If they are both available at the same price, then I would definitely go for Morata. Their skillset and ability are almost similar, but Morata edges in his ability to handle under pressure and his workrate. There are still question mark on whether Borja can perform on the highest level of football. Both of them are surprisingly quick, young, and perhaps Borja has a better finishing variety.

Don't get me wrong, for 30m€ or lower, I would definitely recommend Morata, there's no question about it. Even better if we can balance the book by selling Giroud but we know that's not gonna happen with Welbeck injury situation. But more than that, we might as well cough up another 20mil or 30 and go for a sure thing like Higuaín or PEA.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Depends how ambitious they are. Would think they would want at least the same amount that they got for Cavani, and that was when their were clear strikers to replace him with.

...unless we give them Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom