• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Wouldn't be against this.

Don't think he's worth more than 35M, but what the hell I don't care what we pay.

N

NotAUserName

There's a reason only West Ham have shown any credible interest in him this window.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There's a reason only West Ham have shown any credible interest in him this window.
You can't always conclude how good a player is from the number of teams supposedly tracking him. Payet, Kante and Mahrez have recently shown that there are still unpolished diamonds out there. On the other hand, players like M'Vila and Capoue turned out to be less than advertised.
Having said all that, to your point, it is a bit worrying though that Lacazette wasn't selected for the Euros, he being the top French striker in Ligue 1 and all. There seems to be a backstory that is probably keeping teams from snapping him up. He did seem to lose form, but as they say "class is permanent".
In his last 3 seasons Lacazette has scored 76 goals. Not a bad tally for someone who's now 25. And he's played 40+ games per season, so he doesn't seem to be completely injury prone like Sturridge. So in theory, he should be a very hot commodity at a period where top strikers are in relatively short supply. A bit puzzling. Lyon tend to sell their players at a premium, so I wonder if that's part of it.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Desperation starting to kick in, will take any young striker of a different playing style than Giroud. Don't want it to become a race against the clock.

Banks

I will take lacazette in a heartbeat because even Ligue isn't that competitive he has scored lots of goals over three seasons in a row just like benzema did before joining Real Madrid and we all know what happened when the likes of payet, Kante and Mahrez all came to the premier league and with players like Özil, Sanchez, Xhaka , Carzola all playing behind him he would score a lot of goals here and he would bring something different for once playing on the shoulder of defenders and also been able to make runs at defences and a player like that is every defenders nightmare. Wenger get this done as soon as possible and I would be mad if the likes of West Ham sign him.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

I prefer this guy over Vardy, not gonna lie. We keep Giroud and we add Lacazette.

Away from home starting 11 for Lacazette and also when we are playing against strong teams. Giroud in starting 11 when we play at home against the weaker teams who will be defending the whole time. (West Brom, Sunderland, Mourinho's United)

I know Giroud is not the most populair player at Arsenal and i'm not his biggest fan either but people need to calm the **** down. He is good enough to be in the line up once in a while and mainly to come off the bench when we are pressing the oposition and need a goal.

Back to Lacazette. In my opinion maybe the best affordable option on the market this summer. Has a good technique, has pace, good finisher, decent strength, good link up play and can score goals with both feet.

Amsterdam Gooner 88

I will take lacazette in a heartbeat because even Ligue isn't that competitive he has scored lots of goals over three seasons in a row just like benzema did before joining Real Madrid and we all know what happened when the likes of payet, Kante and Mahrez all came to the premier league and with players like Özil, Sanchez, Xhaka , Carzola all playing behind him he would score a lot of goals here and he would bring something different for once playing on the shoulder of defenders and also been able to make runs at defences and a player like that is every defenders nightmare. Wenger get this done as soon as possible and I would be mad if the likes of West Ham sign him.

That's a long motherfucking sentence bro.

AVENTUS

Really not hyped about him I'm hearing £35mil
Couldn't we just add more and try and pursue
PEA.. He really is the best option out there for us I know he would score 25+

Lacezette I'd be surprised if he got us more then 13 all season.

arsmile

Established Member
If Arsène’s interest is genuine then it is pretty obvious what kind of solution he’s looking for up front as my impression (without being an expert on him) is that he I quite similar to Vardy in that he is a reasonably experienced finisher who will complement Giroud’s role in the squad. Not a similar player who would replace him in the team (Lukaku) or a complete worldie who we’d reshape a team around.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Need to pay at least 35m to get this guy that the only problem i got with this transfer he is good player still young but no way he is 35M striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom