• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Björn Engels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atariani

According to sources in Belgium we're after Björn Engels from Belgian champions Club Brugge. He is a 21 year old central defender. He's a big Arsenal fan. Great on the ball, very secure. Bit of a John Stones profile. Was selected for the Red Devils European selection but fell out injured. Last season he had a lot of trouble with one specific injury. Didn't play for more than half a year. That injury is behind him though, and he played exceptionally well after it. His physique is one of the things he'll need working on though.

Arsenal had been linked with him last week, but it didn't work out. Since yesterday/today sources claim the interest became a lot more specific.

Last edited:

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Ah yes let's penny pinch on the Mustafi deal so we can save extra money for our striker that we're never actually going to buy.. Great stuff.

Atariani

@Atariani Please post the link with the OP sir .
No media link yet. Didn't know it had to be a media link. I'm a Club Brugge fan myself and I've got the news from fellow Club Brugge fans who tend to be good informed about our own transfers. They brought the news today.

There are plenty of links about last week 's interest though, even ESPN brought it. Last week 's bid just wasn't high enough.

This is from last week: http://www.espnfc.com/club/arsenal/...in-the-transfer-market-while-rivals-spend-big

If media links are required for these kind of topics I guess you should close it for now. The media didn't pick it up yet. I'm sorry.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Does he have Scandinavian parents? because thats definetly a Scandinavian first name!

BobP

Memri Fan
Interesting.

Have actually followed this guy a little.

I've seen him dribble opposition players in his own penalty box. In addition, when he moves forward he has complete command of the ball which shows immense dribbling skills. His passes are often the source of Brugge attacks which alludes to exceptional vision and passing ability.

His positioning his also quite good, and I guess it has to be, a little unsure with regards to his mobility, maybe he's actually quite mobile but because his positioning is so good he rarely has to be so.

Think his well rounded ability as a defender may have something to do with his footballing education or history, he played a variety of positions in his development, including forward, midfield and now defense.

Atariani

Arsenal seems quite serious at the moment. Björn Engels also didn't play for Club Brugge yesterday, although he is said to be fit. If Arsenal pay the price Club Brugge wants there is nothing stopping this transfer, as Arsenal is Björn his dream club.

BobP

Memri Fan
Arsenal seems quite serious at the moment. Björn Engels also didn't play for Club Brugge yesterday, although he is said to be fit. If Arsenal pay the price Club Brugge wants there is nothing stopping this transfer, as Arsenal is Björn his dream club.

Do you think he's worth that much?

I like him but I'm kind of unsure, a tad too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom