• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

And Aubamayang is just as limited (if not more) than Lacazette in all honesty. Those who watch him enough will know that.
That's my point, I didn't really want Auba when people were shouting for him. However I'd take an teir 2/3 with a different style to giroud because we cannot be stuck with no options like year.

olyon9

And Aubamayang is just as limited (if not more) than Lacazette in all honesty. Those who watch him enough will know that.
I agree with that and that player fascinate me. Before St Etienne he have done one year in Monaco and one year at Lille manage to score 4 goals in 22 starting matchs and was pretty bad. At St Etienne he discover his qualities after a bad first year there too and he so cleverly play with them and use the max out of them that he is one of the strikers that I respect the most.

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
If it has to come to that, I can bet with you it is not happening.
Well, I'm not a betting man but hey, when a player wants to leave badly enough then they often get their way. This one could be a tough negotiation though but there will have to be compromise on both sides IF the player really wants to leave.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Well, I'm not a betting man but hey, when a player wants to leave badly enough then they often get their way. This one could be a tough negotiation though but there will have to be compromise on both sides IF the player really wants to leave.

-Very rarely happens in France. You will get killed in the media. Nasri (a basket case) never recovered from that.
- He will not try it with Aulas. This guy can be a nasty SOB.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If I'm honest I never thought Aubameyang was as good as people make either.
Whenever I watch him I just think of the result of Walcott and Welbeck going into that machine in 'The Fly'.
That's a very decent description tbh.

Aubamayang reminds me of a taller Walcott (when his movement and finishing was excellent) or Welbeck if his movement and finishing was excellent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Laca need to understand is now or never he'll be 26 next year if he stayed and had an average season with Lyon no top club will want him again.

WhatAFC

I remember some Brazilian from the Dutch league who had scored a TON of goals before a "big" money move to Middlesbrough a decade ago - turned out he was a big flop in the EPL. Don't think that would be the case with Lacazette but the French League is nowhere near as tough as the EPL although there are a ton of good players there. You do wonder why Lacazette hasn't been scooped up by any of the really big boys, if he is that good. I still think he'd do a job for us though and compliment our stable of strikers.
There's always the risk of a player not performing to previous levels and that's as much to do with the system a team plays as it is for the difference in league quality.

Plenty of players considered WC have come to the EPL and not done it. Got the take the risk though or you never find players who can smash the league to bits.

olyon9

I remember some Brazilian from the Dutch league who had scored a TON of goals before a "big" money move to Middlesbrough a decade ago - turned out he was a big flop in the EPL. Don't think that would be the case with Lacazette but the French League is nowhere near as tough as the EPL although there are a ton of good players there. You do wonder why Lacazette hasn't been scooped up by any of the really big boys, if he is that good. I still think he'd do a job for us though and compliment our stable of strikers.
Compare us to the Dutch League transfers that is not fair. Even in Ligue 1 we are joking about them and don't want them. I don't know maybe they keep the best for them but the ones that have travel the last years in France or in other European countries are generally walking scam

Last edited:

benjamin86

Established Member

Afonso Alves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afonso_Alves

carlito'sway

Established Member
Laca need to understand is now or never he'll be 26 next year if he stayed and had an average season with Lyon no top club will want him again.

Yousif, I am sure Lacazette is reading A-M right now and is convinced by your argument. :lol:
Actually, he will likely have a better season at OL with Fekir back.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
I think that Lacazette would be more suitable to the club than Vardy. He's used to playing at a big club where the opposition are more likely to sit deep, whilst Vardy's career has involved playing as the underdog in the Premier League, and in the Football League where the gulf between top and bottom in leagues isn't as great as in the Premier League.

Lacazette would encounter similar playing styles issues to Vardy - who many were excited for - but I'd argue Lacazette is the more likely to be able to adapt. With Lacazette up top, the issue of hold up play is overemphasised. Some of the most fluid football played last season came with Walcott up top, and Lacazette is stronger and a better finisher than Walcott. Games where hoofing up to Giroud becomes the main theme tend to be very poor to watch and infuriating, where a 2-1 win are often scraped. I think Lacazette could succeed, with Alexis essentially playing like his strike partner at times.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

No need to hold the ball up if we have pace up top. With xhaka been the missing link we can play counter attacking football all day long. It is giroud who holds the ball up because he hasnt the pace.

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
"Lyon: Lyon is active in the transfer window "to breathe Lacazette"!
published Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 12:30 In: OL ,Mercato , Ligue 1 .

Alexandre Lacazette will not leave Olympique Lyonnais during this transfer window, Bruno Genesio having had confirmation from Jean-Michel Aulas that decision was definitely cohosh. But Lyon coach is well aware of his star striker will not bind all the meetings that propose to Lyon menu this season. And so it is logical that the Rhone club is certain to activate the summer transfer market to recruit a new offensive player, especially if Rachid Ghezzal packed his bags and refuses to extend.

" We need an additional player to breathe Alexander " has clearly accused in Le Progrès , Bruno Genesio, aware that Alexandre Lacazette can not assume alone the savior outfit Olympique Lyonnais, whatever the talent of his teammates. A reflection is underway, and it remains almost a month to see if the OL still offer a player during this transfer window. But in any case, the recruitment cell has probably already have names in mind. "

Doesn't seem like either Aulas or Lacazette are budging on this transfer. No viable links again to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom