• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Its quite interesting that we have (more than any other PL club) excellent options as back-ups throughout the pitch. From CF to GK, we have a plan b/squad b that is better than anything any team in the league can put out.

Regardless of his shortcomings, Giroud is still a useful beast. Without the pressure of being the main man, he can play with a lot more freedom in games that are set up for a targetman like himself.

Sanchez, Giroud/Lucas, Welbeck (when back), Akpom. That is a ridiculous set of CFs.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Still not up to speed. He'll be a handful when he's on form, as he usually. If Alexis is our starting striker though, you have to wonder what'll happen with Giroud/Welbeck.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Still not up to speed. He'll be a handful when he's on form, as he usually. If Alexis is our starting striker though, you have to wonder what'll happen with Giroud/Welbeck.

OG comes in handy when winter comes and the pitches are heavier , it's good to have all these options I feel .

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

So he's not the supersub he was at the start of last season. His last two cameo's against PSG and Chelsea have been very disappointing. He was not on the same page as the rest of the team yesterday. If Alexis continues like this it won't hurt us.

STime

Wengers biggest mistake imo, persisting with this donkey for so long. GDL can't be taken seriously, all they talk about is his looks :lol:

Watching Arsenal without donkey reminded why I love this club in the first place, completely different level attacking wise.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Wengers biggest mistake imo, persisting with this donkey for so long. GDL can't be taken seriously, all they talk about is his looks :lol:

Watching Arsenal without donkey reminded why I love this club in the first place, completely different level attacking wise.

Calling Giroud a donkey is disrespectful to the contribution he has had to our team throughout the years. Not only that, he is a good looking man and calling him a donkey is rather salty.

He has scored a good number of goals for us, the only problem is that we got fed up with some of his inevitable long scoring droughts. Still, when he banged them in, he was amazing for us. We should never forget that.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So he's not the supersub he was at the start of last season. His last two cameo's against PSG and Chelsea have been very disappointing. He was not on the same page as the rest of the team yesterday. If Alexis continues like this it won't hurt us.

Was alright against PSG, wouldn't have scored without him. Chelsea was a different story, looked like he couldn't be bothered with it.

Probably taking the signing of Perez and moving Alexis centrally badly.

STime

Calling Giroud a donkey is disrespectful to the contribution he has had to our team throughout the years. Not only that, he is a good looking man and calling him a donkey is rather salty.

He has scored a good number of goals for us, the only problem is that we got fed up with some of his inevitable long scoring droughts. Still, when he banged them in, he was amazing for us. We should never forget that.

Aaaaand right on cue :lol:

He started the last season badly too before having his usual 3 months spell through november-january before disappearing again. 12 goals in the league before his hat-trick against Aston Villa in the final game. That should have been beyond defending.

Has been behaving like a spoilt kid lately because he isn't starter anymore. Comes on against PSG and tries his best to get red card. Then comes on against Chelsea and doesn't even seem to bother.

I'm worried about him. Always wanted Giroud to do well, but I'm not sure he has the mentality being a bench warmer.

AbouDiabyMilitia

He started the last season badly too before having his usual 3 months spell through november-january before disappearing again. 12 goals in the league before his hat-trick against Aston Villa in the final game. That should have been beyond defending.

Has been behaving like a spoilt kid lately because he isn't starter anymore. Comes on against PSG and tries his best to get red card. Then comes on against Chelsea and doesn't even seem to bother.

I'm worried about him. Always wanted Giroud to do well, but I'm not sure he has the mentality being a bench warmer.

That's a sample size of two games. He was immature vs PSG but saying he couldn't be bothered vs Hull is just isn't true. He tried, but he clearly needs more game time to be as sharp as he used to be.

He definitely has the mentality capable of being a bench warmer. He was a great super sub last season and I think he can be one again this season. Just need to play more games with him actually on the bench instead of out injured ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom