• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Feel like we got our Alexis back. Only negative from him today was the tunnel bison he had at times.

Brilliantly taken goal though, those chances change games.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He looks far more comfortable as a 9 now with the right movement around him. Iwobi, Walcott and Özil are perfect foils.

I imgaine with an extra body from midfield, that would look ultra dangerous.

He is still getting lots of touches - but where we need him to get them.

Aevi

Hale End FC
@Lancelot well I did say I wanted to see Alexis at CF tested properly before jumping on board, and you were right, he delivered. He troubled Chelsea's defense impeccably, so the energy is indeed being used more efficiently. Iwobi and Theo as partners in crime make it work especially well, the movement around the front line is incredible. The 2nd goal where they venture inward and Alexis switches out wide personifies it greatly.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
He was just class apart from a few instances of decision making. Our leader from the front who keeps going with the same motivation and spirit. His goal was so well taken and so was his perfect lobbed pass to Özil for the goal.

remains

Starting to link up really well with Özil. That partnership will be crucial if we want to challenge for the title. Feel like their peak form hasn't coincided enough during their time playing together at Arsenal.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

My boy is on fire he is imo the best modern pro in the game, he has everything you want in a player. Simply amazing!!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Looking as if he's really warming to playing up top. It's clear it was Wenger's vision from the start to deploy Alexis as a striker, when you look at his qualities, it's difficult to see why it wouldn't work out.

Alexis up top could be a success simply down to the fact that he loves to score goals. Yes he has great movement, pace, dribbling, energy etc. but his genuine love of scoring goals means he'll continue to bag.

He also takes a big **** from a great height on Hazard. I actually thought Eden might be a better footballer, not a bit of it. Alexis is top 3 players in the PL, and Özil is one of the other two.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I think the reason whe signed Perez is because he's close to Sanchez' in terms of style (except pace). Further evidence that Wenger wants to stick to that new attacking style. No static CF up top anymore.

slide

Been an advocate of Alexis as a striker since we signed him, and im really pleased to see that with a run of games its starting to fall into place. Having Alexis and Walcott (who essentially positions himself as a right sided striker) in the team is the key, they can both score a lot goals with the way the team is setup.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I think it was @Lancelot who made a great analysis on how Sanchez is being used as a CF. Great to see you were proven right.

Whether this works out in the long run or not, it is still great to have such an asset at the club. If Sanchez hits a wall playing CF, we have Lucas who can play in similar positions to Sanchez and would not require us to drop him.

Great management and vision by the boss. We have 2 amazing CFs who can play across the front 3. Then you have Giroud who is a significantly different animal and requires a different defensive setup when introduced.

We are quite comfortable atm with our front line and defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom