• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

E

Enoch

Amen. Taking Friday off work to play it. Leaning towards Spain as my first game, with those tasty naval and religion bonuses. You?

I'm going for Germany, always been more on the aggressive industrialized side of things on CIV. :D

I'm going with France, gutted no more Napoleon, and am surprised they didn't choose someone else, you'd think maybe Philip II Augustus and St. Louis IX are better black horse candidates. Not to mention that there's still the likes of Louis XIV, but ah well still excited to get on this game!

• Leader: Catherine de Medici, a 16th century queen who held the title for 12 years. Her special ability are ladies-in-waiting, giving additional info on civs you meet. She also gets an extra spy once Castles are researched.
  • Unique unit: Garde Imperiale. Replace the Musketmen, have a bonus for fighting on the home continent and get Great General points on kills.
  • Unique building: Château. Built on rivers with adjacency bonuses for Wonders while providing culture.
  • Special ability: Grand Tour. Makes it easier to produce mid-game wonders - think castles rather than hanging gardens or internets - and gives bonus tourism for wonders, making cultural victories more effective.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Already played CIV 6 for eight hours yesterday, unbelievable how easily you get dragged into it.
However, I've got the feeling that I won't be playing this as much as CIV 5....don't know why exactly, but there're just a few bits here and there missing to keep me into it for longer.

Anyone into Battlefield 1?
Looks fantastic to be fair.

E

Enoch

Wiped out Arabia and Greece might be next, Gorgo is getting on my last nerve. We taken oovaaaa, once city at a time at a time at a time.

@redwhiteAustrian I played the beta an enjoyed it, was going to get it but then backed off, i know it's good and it got great reviews, but maybe some other time i'll cop it.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I'm going with France, gutted no more Napoleon, and am surprised they didn't choose someone else, you'd think maybe Philip II Augustus and St. Louis IX are better black horse candidates. Not to mention that there's still the likes of Louis XIV, but ah well still excited to get on this game!
Very odd decision from them, can only think they want to try and get more women leaders in the game, same with having Gorgo in. Plenty of legit female leaders for other nations which makes their decision all the more bizarre.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As this is basically the unofficial gaming thread...

Anyone going to be getting NIntendo's latest?

NintendoSwitch_hardware.0.jpg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Already played CIV 6 for eight hours yesterday, unbelievable how easily you get dragged into it.
However, I've got the feeling that I won't be playing this as much as CIV 5....don't know why exactly, but there're just a few bits here and there missing to keep me into it for longer.

Anyone into Battlefield 1?
Looks fantastic to be fair.
I got it on Monday, but only had the chance to play it last night. I started with the Ottoman missions. Looks ****ing great. Love it so far.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I play Europa Universalis 4 a lot, Civ is hard for me to get into. It's too simple and it's too cartoonish.
teach me, tried to get into EU IV but the damn England keep asking for my tiny Aragon to join the 100 years war.
CKII is much relaxing and user friendly IMO

On the side note : I dislike how Paradox keep some part of its core game behind paid DLC, one of the reason I stopped playing both of those games

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Civ 6 is a lot of fun.

I tried for a science victory, had 285 science, just about to launch my mars launcher parts. A culture victory ambushes me. Played as Cleopatra on my own mini-island, didn't meet most of the other players until 1000 A.D in which I was left alone long enough to get a huge advantage. Wanted the science victory, but was pleased that it finally ended.

Oh well.

David_Smith

Tried the latest civ out (didn't buy) and it's as I expected. Too simple. I expect much more in depth strategy from a grand strategy game.
On top of that I found glaring errors involving a lot of bugs, misinformation and a really bad AI.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Got to finish Dark Souls 3 and then I moved on to the good old first Resident Evil game after I found out there was a HD remake, controls are still wonky as hell, I don't know remember what to do most of the time so I waste a lot of it just running around, I picked Chris because I'm dumb and forgot that Chris' story is much harder than Jill's - I love it.

Hoping to finish it before Resident Evil 7 is launched in January, super stoked for that as it looks like it's going to be focusing on stuff from the RE games that I've played and know, been hypothesizing about the trailers and the demo with a pal and I think we might be on the right track, at least I've noticed several interesting details that might point to something, I could go on about the theory if anyone would be interested.

Can't wait! :bounce:

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm fully in the Battlefield now. Fully. Got my online pass yesterday and went straight into a team deathmatch... more like ****ing mismatch. Got stabbed, shot and blown to sh!t left right and center. Been a long time, and it shows.

Great game though. Love the maps.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'm fully in the Battlefield now. Fully. Got my online pass yesterday and went straight into a team deathmatch... more like ****ing mismatch. Got stabbed, shot and blown to sh!t left right and center. Been a long time, and it shows.

Great game though. Love the maps.

I'm massively into Battlefield right now too - the maps are incredible. Amazing game to play. I'm only a Conquest or Operations player though. Haven't really ever looked at the other game modes.

Top Bottom