• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

1) Özil is an aesthetically pleasing and very technically efficient player. He isn't as magical as Bergkamp.
2) This can't be a new era at Arsenal unless major titles come, given their success over the last decade at Highbury. I suppose if titles come after Özil has left, he could be credited as the first of the new generation. Yes, I remember Bergkamp when he arrived.
3) Don't understand your question.

Under certain circumstances, it is possible to be a legend without winning the title or Champions League - see Liam Brady. However, no way will Özil reach Bergkamp's level without at least one. Also, Alexis is the better player.
well said, i still dont believe Özil can carry the team or is our talisman. sanchez and carzola are our talismen, and maybe xhaka if he keeps playing as he is now. Özil is not the guy that the team will look to if the chips are down. I am not saying he is not a great player though.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Tbf he did say you can't be considered a big club if you sell Fabregas and Nasri, then proceeded to do just that. If Özil doesn't sign by this summer I can see him being sold.

He'll have to sell them if he hopes to replace them with anywhere near the same quality. The club will need the money. They simply can't afford to let them go on a free.

well said, i still dont believe Özil can carry the team or is our talisman. sanchez and Cazorla (not Carzola ffs) are our talismen, and maybe xhaka if he keeps playing as he is now. Özil is not the guy that the team will look to if the chips are down. I am not saying he is not a great player though.

No. Cazorla is not our talismen. FFS... :lol::lol:

Reactions: A_G

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Take Özil out of this team and the attack in the big games will be poverty in comparison. His ability to keep possession high up the pitch and make passes in the final 3rd that no other member of the squad can, on a consistent basis, makes him irreplaceable at present imo

say yes

forum master baiter
Benzema, m@dness, Özil contract signed, that cringe website.

32pbr.gif

You should be ashamed of yourself Deany.

Beat me to it. Proper scumbag Dean is. Worst thing is he's cleverly making money from stupid people who cling onto his every word. Like I've always said, he's no more clued up than you or I, if you keep chucking random notions out there, the law of averages suggests one or two will stick.

Pablo :lol:.

Can't stand this fraud. Why would anyone hand him classified information. Even if someone was handing him information about transfers or contracts it has long been taken care off. Wenger doesn't like those information to be out in the open.

Pablo never says anything that is useful to anyone. Inside info would be like "hey we are signing Messi". But no only thing he comes up with "we are after someone, it could be madness". Can't feel sorry for the idiots who fall for this ****.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Both Özil and Sanches have had glory moments this season with hattricks and the fans + media singing their praises. I'm hoping that's bolstered their satisfaction index enough for them to sign.

In other news:

Pay him, Wenger, damn it!

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Take Özil out of this team and the attack in the big games will be poverty in comparison. His ability to keep possession high up the pitch and make passes in the final 3rd that no other member of the squad can, on a consistent basis, makes him irreplaceable at present imo

Our attack in big games will be **** if we have no Özil you say? Miss the United game a few weeks ago?

If anything we'd be better pushing him wide and going with 3 in midfield when we play big teams.

arsmile

Established Member
this is a big moment for our club re him and sanchez!

in Arsène's latest comments it seems like a scary new tactic from the club! Lettign them know that we cannot just pay then whatever they ask.

seems like they/their agents are playing the rooney/gerrard card from way back when they push the club to the brink to get every penny. I suppose our major error is having to battle both of these at once- we could have planned that better!

it is a difficult situation because- the root of it- I imagine- is that all parties want an agreement- boy do we want to keep them- but also I sense they do both really want to be here. They've both 'done' the el classico stuff before and it wasn't their bag. They've both also played in other top eurpean leagues- they are both peaking right here right now- so unless there really is nowhere else left 'up' to go.

they are also in a powerful position because it's both of them. I imagine they are liaising- I imagine when the first one signs the next one will in quick succession- because one wont want to sign unless the other one is tied down- because of the significant impact that will actually have on us achieving anything.

That makes me feel that an agreement will eventually be met. But Arsène is right- they COULD earn more elsewhere- china being the extreme example! if as a person and a professional they value that above what the club can offer them...then I cant argue with the club letting them destroying their career in that way. Neither seems like that kind of guy- with alexis' determination and ambition and Özil's analytical precision- doesn't seem like they can end up with that decision?

but I don't completely trust the club not to go overboard with this position. They should be on equal wages- they should be earning way over and above everyone in the club. In the current market they should be on over 200k- and I get that's ludicrous- but I also see why to those players- if that is not what we are offering- there is a sign that we don't see them at their true market value.

But if sanchez says 400k a week or bust- then fine...bust. but I just feel it seems so logical for all parties that everyone will agree. As long as no one says something stupid in the media...or has some kind of mental breakdown....we'll surely reach an agreement.

no club has ever lost 2 players like this before...this situation is how we lost robin...and it's also why we are currently paying theo about three times more than he's worth...don't know why we keep letting it happen. We are not proactive enough

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Our attack in big games will be **** if we have no Özil you say? Miss the United game a few weeks ago?

If anything we'd be better pushing him wide and going with 3 in midfield when we play big teams.
Absolutely. And if we didn't have him God knows what those other ****s would have done. He & Sanchez were the only ones able to maintain possession under pressure.

I don't mind the 3 man midfield, although we did have essentially that with Rambo in there.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Mahrez wanted to leave, but Leicester managed to keep him. Vardy wanted to leave but Leicester managed to keep him. Sp**s managed to re-sign all their players. Man City are having to force players out.

So what is it that they have that we don't have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom