• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeppWurzl

You've Been Wurzl'd
Put some clothes on when you type angry bro
@SeppWurzl hard at work - one can see why he such a curmudgeon
Fat%20Guy%20Computer.bmp

Even I get the urge to penetrate seeing my entire greatness.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

tbh, the club should have secured the contracts by now. Our negotiation team is so poor for letting tge speculation go on for so long.

Wenger should have done everything he can to get those signatures last summer.
Don't think this is on the club.

If you're Alexis or Özil I don't think you'd be in a massive rush to sign after that shambles last season. I do hate the speculation but we only have ourselves to blame.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I dont see the problem here, we paid the big fees in the first place. It is time to see it through and show the world we mean business. We are literally 1-2 wc players away from ripping it up in every comp, im actually abit pi$$ed off about the league cup tbh. We have the best squad in the league imo and we need to keep it that way. Give my boy what he wants and win the trophies Arsène!!

Jack the lad

they will sign at 200k+ a week both. Arsenal are cheap they know to buy like for like quality it will cost around 70m each signing. 200k-250 is 30-36m over 3 years. or 60-72m for both over these next 3 years. it will get done. We have no other elite attacker at our club so the other players will be satisfied enough with their 100k.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
they will sign at 200k+ a week both. Arsenal are cheap they know to buy like for like quality it will cost around 70m each signing. 200k-250 is 30-36m over 3 years. or 60-72m for both over these next 3 years. it will get done. We have no other elite attacker at our club so the other players will be satisfied enough with their 100k.
Lets hope this is how it goes. There aren't players like Alexis and Özil that we could sign as well. We'd be overpaying for the two we could realistically get. Özil we may be could replace effectively but Alexis, no way.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Your logic is sound, I'm not sure the club understands sound financial logic however. I've certainly not seen any evidence of it thus far.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I hate these contract talks. I pray that Alexis and Mesut are enjoying it here and want to stay, and that nobody does something stupid. Its not about what happens if one or both leave. I'm just enjoying the hell out of these two ballers playing football like its just a day in the park with friends, making audacious plays like its the easiest thing in the world.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Yeah, that and the Pogba parity thing. Only City could pay those sort of wages and even they would still do it unwillingly, given how many high earners there are in their team.

That and this is the first season of the new inflated TV money and every few months the PL signs another dig deal. This latest being this one...

The Premier League has agreed a major new deal for its TV rights in China, which could be worth up to $700m (£560m).

The three-year contract with Chinese video streaming service PPTV is set to be the league's biggest-ever overseas broadcast sale.

A PPTV source told the BBC a deal was in place.

If the reported value is confirmed, it would be worth ten times more than the league's current China TV deal.

The Premier League is yet to comment.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38020900

If you're at a top club and one of the biggest starts in the league overall you'd be silly to sign on in the past year. They, the players, are what drive the viewership so you cant have insane money coming in via TV right sales, charge match going supporters the highest price in world football for a season ticket, and get off skimping on wages to the players everyone wants to see.

Football boards must be licking their lips at hearing/reading fans complaining about player wages with the money clubs, especially at AFC, are raking in.

nmn

Sanchez is more important for us than Özil.
Özil can be replaced by Wilshere/Santi or someone we buy.
They won't be at Özil's level but it wouldn't destroy us.
On the other hand, there is no one in our attack even remotely as good as Alexis.
I still prefer Reus's style of play though. ;)

SYS

Sanchez is more important for us than Özil.
Özil can be replaced by Wilshere/Santi or someone we buy.
They won't be at Özil's level but it wouldn't destroy us.
On the other hand, there is no one in our attack even remotely as good as Alexis.
I still prefer Reus's style of play though. ;)

Lets keep both and buy Reus

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Quote me if I'm wrong but that sounds awfully familiar to what was said about Nasri and RVP.

We would have to sell. Imagine keeping them then come January they sign pre contracts with City for us to play City later in the year. Mentally where would they be? As a club we cannot risk that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom