• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Arsenal VS Burnley I Sunday 14.15 BST I SS1

who will win

• Arsenal

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • Burnley

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Love Kos, but He is not vocal or involved in situations enough for a captain
Which is why Mustafi is the perfect foil for him. The German is not shy about berating his teammates (including the likes of Sanchez and Prince Özil ;)), nor is he afraid of using the refs as prop dummies and getting away with it! :lol:

Kostafi really is the perfect combo!

Ewarwoowar

Which is why Mustafi is the perfect foil for him. The German is not shy about berating his teammates (including the likes of Sanchez and Prince Özil ;)), nor is he afraid of using the refs as prop dummies and getting away with it! :lol:

Kostafi really is the perfect combo!
I agree boss partnership but you know if Mustafi had the armband the ref would know about it, so He would!

Kos is a warrior in His individual role but too passive for a captain, He should be demanding more vocally from the ref or even His team mates, that is the role of the captain.

Even Gabriel has zero English is more vocal and offers more support in questionable situations than KoS, Kos just shrugs and moves on!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Southampton at home, Burnley away, Ludogorets away, United Away, Bournemouth Away, Preston away, and now Burnley at home. What is going on this season, these guys don't take no for an answer! :drool:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The one game I miss this season and it's the nail biter to end all previous ones. Credit to the team for fighting to the last minute and a pox on both John Moss & Anthony Taylor.

Here's hoping the FA let Arsène off with a slap on the wrist to send Mourinho into a conniption :lol:.

On a final note, is it too late to stuff Xhaka in a crate with a note that says "Care of Borussia Monchengladbach" or some similar deranged team that tolerates such wanton idiocy?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The only thing Jon Moss got wrong was not clamping down on Burnley's time wasting. It started from minute one and should have been stopped. I don't know what else you can complain about. That was about as good a performance from an overweight plodder as you're going to get.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

We did our best to drop points today, but we still scraped a win... against Burnley.

We need to do better.

Putting away our most recent bogey team, who happen to be our next quarry, sounds like a nice start.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

The only thing Jon Moss got wrong was not clamping down on Burnley's time wasting. It started from minute one and should have been stopped. I don't know what else you can complain about. That was about as good a performance from an overweight plodder as you're going to get.

The FA need to be even handed & caution Moss & Taylor as well.

Maybe if Arsène manages to come off as apologetic & somewhat victimized, we could then have them shift their gaze to Mike Dean that insufferable cretin :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Hope Moss is stabbed on the way home to be completely honest

Whoever it is has their work cutout for them, what with the mammoth levels of subcutaneous fat they'll have to dig through :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Say what you will about him, but the man oozes class. Doubt many other managers would own up to it & merely hide behind a "moment of passion" sort of appeal.

Last edited:

Optimistic

I thought the decisions were mostly fair. But here's what I'll complain about:
  • Mustafi should have gotten a penalty early in the second half. Stone-cold foul inside the box.
  • How many high elbows were Burnley getting away with? And a tackle from behind in the first half. There was enough malice in these challenges to get a booking for me but the cards stayed in his pocket.
  • This one is controversial, but I think Xhaka's red was a touch soft. Yes if you go by exactly what is written it is a red card, but the decision wasn't really in the spirit of the rules. I think because Xhaka shared his thoughts with the ref about an uncalled foul on him earlier, the ref was extra harsh.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I thought the decisions were mostly fair. But here's what I'll complain about:
  • Mustafi should have gotten a penalty early in the second half. Stone-cold foul inside the box.
  • How many high elbows were Burnley getting away with? And a tackle from behind in the first half. There was enough malice in these challenges to get a booking for me but the cards stayed in his pocket.
  • This one is controversial, but I think Xhaka's red was a touch soft. Yes if you go by exactly what is written it is a red card, but the decision wasn't really in the spirit of the rules. I think because Xhaka shared his thoughts with the ref about an uncalled foul on him earlier, the ref was extra harsh.
This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom