• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I bet Everton will spend more than us.

With Usmanov reportedly looking to ditch his shares, Kroenke will be obligated to buy them thereby completimg his stranglehold on the club.

Supposedly its darkest before dawn but it'll be ages yet before dawn breaks for us at any rate.

Dj_sds -

Arteta will cover Gazidis' tracks and play nice. Allegri would clean the board out and rip them a new one if stunting progress.

I find the notion of Arteta being tough and shaking the players up, absolutely hilarious.

We dont know that about arteta, probably not. But does he have to? There is definitely a more ruthless streak around the club judging by the backroom staff that has been let go. I dont think underperforming players are exempt from this.

Jae

What? Most reports are saying he can be a bit of a ****. He’s a young manager in his first job who’ll want to succeed. He’s not going to play people if he thinks they’re rubbish.

People are acting like they know Arteta the man.

I agree mate. He's not going to want to be made a mug in his first proper job just for the sake of keeping a few people happy. I've heard he's got a ruthless steak as well. He's said it himself he HATES losing.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

scytheavatar

Established Member
Its better than advocating for Cazorla as Arteta's number 2. It's wishful thinking that because he was a good player that he'll be a good assistant.

I know Arteta will be the one that chooses his coaching staff etc but Gazidis should just appoint Buvac for him. The club (Gazidis, Sanllehi, Mislintat etc) have taken control of everything else for the new man.

I guess it makes too much sense that it wont happen.

If you are Buvac would you want to work under Arteta? You would probably be like Bould and wondering why the club didn't hire you to be manager instead and have Arteta as your assistant.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
They edited the article, it actually did say that players would be involved with the meetings.
finding out how Arteta's ex-colleagues felt about it would be sensible, or even just captain Kos who played with him - that would have to be very much behind the scenes though

Reactions: A_G

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I agree mate. He's not going to want to be made a mug in his first proper job just for the sake of keeping a few people happy. I've heard he's got a ruthless steak as well. He's said it himself he HATES losing.
Wenger said the exact same thing multiple times.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
“Mikel has a huge influence even when he is not playing,” Wenger said. “He is super conscientious, and every morning two hours before training he prepares and that is absolutely right.

“Just through his behaviour, his focus on getting everything right in the team, he has a huge influence. He has great experience and is respected throughout the squad."

https://www.arsenal.com/news/news-a...pe-arteta-becomes-a-coach#H5KwtMC1siiyY0Hp.99

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
there's an awful lot of ITK's springing up everywhere when it comes to other people's character, thinking, motives etc

none of you know any of the people involved, so please give it a rest and wait and see what happens

Jae

Wenger said the exact same thing multiple times.

:lol: Wenger hated losing too. Means nothing. I think appointing Arteta is weak and naive, just like keeping Wenger on for so long. Guess we will find out.

We certainly will mate! To be honest most of this speculation is pointless anyway. Nobody really knows how good Arteta is (or isn't) :lol: the City fans and people who know him and have played with/under him all speak very highly of him.

He said it all the time, but for me he obviously didn't hate losing enough, he had the opportunity to make changes/drop underperforming players but he persisted with them for years - which says the exact opposite to me, he'd rather be someone's friend than their boss.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He said it all the time, but for me he obviously didn't hate losing enough, he had the opportunity to make changes/drop underperforming players but he persisted with them for years - which says the exact opposite to me, he'd rather be someone's friend than their boss.
You're a great poster so I won;t make a scene but I don't agree with this. Being an optimist and being a winner can go hand in hand. Just because he stuck with players doesn't mean he didn't hate losing. There are varying degrees of perspective and from his point of view he saw potential in players. That has nothing to do with his mentality on winning but rather perhaps he was blinded by his faith in people and his optimism for the future. The losses hurt all the more because of this I would imagine. And, to me certainly, has made this whole ending so absolutely tragic because it is his humanity and goodness that let him down, not his mentality or will to win.

I think it is a commendable trait to possess. Although, as is clear, can be detrimental in a high competition sport like this.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I'm trying my hardest to not believe the Arteta talk, but at this point it looks like he's a legit contender. No smoke without fire etc.

Can't believe this move from the club if this comes to the fore. This is an enormous point in the club's future and they're potentially hiring a nobody in the most important role at the club. Praying it's not true, but if it is then I'm not optistic about the coming seasons.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
It will be brave and risky appointing Arteta as manager due to his lack of experience in management but it makes me optimistic hearing guys like Pochetinno and Guardiola praising his ability.

Personally he was my favourite Arsenal captain during Wengers tenure, I'm too young to fully remember Adams and the likes of Viera, Henry,Van Persie etc left Arsenal when hard times approached which for me is not a trait of a real leader. At the time Arteta arrived the mentality and togetherness of the squad totally changed according to some players so it seems he can be infectious also he was our skipper the season we ended the trophy drought. In his last couple of years here the injuries took its toll on him which is a shame as I felt he was capable of still dictating games from midfield so long as he was partnered with an energetic midfielder.

I say give him a chance for a season or two unless we drop out of the top 10 & become mediocre. The difference between us now & Man United after Ferguson left is we possess people on the board that have an understanding of football which should benefit the new manager & especially if its an upcoming coach like Arteta.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm trying my hardest to not believe the Arteta talk, but at this point it looks like he's a legit contender. No smoke without fire etc.

Can't believe this move from the club if this comes to the fore. This is an enormous point in the club's future and they're potentially hiring a nobody in the most important role at the club. Praying it's not true, but if it is then I'm not optistic about the coming seasons.
Everyone needs a chance to get experience. Whether or not that chance should be to manage a club with over 400m in turnover is another question all together.

If he is the choice we have to back him. And if he fails then the board will be responsible and will have to go for a less riskier appointment next time around. The danger there is the next guy may demand a lot more than they are currently or if we sink enough may no longer be interested. Big gambles in all directions .

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Everyone needs a chance to get experience. Whether or not that chance should be to manage a club with over 400m in turnover is another question all together.

If he is the choice we have to back him. And if he fails then the board will be responsible and will have to go for a less riskier appointment next time around. The danger there is the next guy may demand a lot more than they are currently or if we sink enough may no longer be interested. Big gambles in all directions .
I'll back whoever is appointed, at the end of the day I just want Arsenal to be successful like any other fan. But this would be a ludicrous and disappointing appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom