• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You need to understand that we fans were sold the same lie about Walcott.

Theo aged and aged but never became the player that he was expected to.

So can you really blame us for losing hope for Iwobi and possibly Bellerin despite their young age?

Iwobi isn’t Walcott. You just have to look at them as individuals. .

Iwobi has fantastic close control,m and first touch, has shown he can pick a pass. Walcott was doomed to fail, he couldn’t dribble or control a football.

Iwobi might not become great, but the bit he’s lacking, many 22 year olds are lacking, and it’s still way too early to write him off

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
The highlights of that Chelsea game which we won 3-0 were on earlier today. What struck me was how good he looked back then. Was pivotal in creating the second goal, and was always, always making chances, and taking his man.

Hopefully, Emery can get him back to that, because I was amazed to realise the person who was doing all that was actually the same Iwobi who plays for us now. To put it in context, he won the Man Of the Match award....... against Chelsea, in one of his first big games.

Jae

Quietly confident about Iwobi. Think he needs to be playing further back though as he lacks a little of that killer instinct playing further forward.

Looking forward to seeing what he does with Nigeria this summer.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

So can you really blame us for losing hope for Iwobi and possibly Bellerin despite their young age?

Iwobi has technique thou

and has practically played more positions then Theo ever did so he is more tactically adept

he scores too little to really be cemented as a starter but he could have a ketchup effect in that regards

And Bellerin has more time as a starter and longer periods of being good than Theo ever had at the same age

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I have wrote him off for us but hopefully Emery can coach the best out of him. He has all the tools. Big, strong, physical, quick, good control, decent pass and pedigree (Jayjay). Has his failure been down to him or management either way a pivotal season for him.

9jagooner

I think the problem with Theo, Wilshere, etc under Wenger was that the players themselves believed in the "they are still young" story. So rather than push themselves, they did the barest minimum and Wenger didn't help matters - he kept playing them no matter what for so long.
Sadly, they "woke up" too late.

Iwobi, Nelson are lucky we have a new manager. Hopefully U9 does not pamper them and instead pushes them to fight for their shirts

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The highlights of that Chelsea game which we won 3-0 were on earlier today. What struck me was how good he looked back then. Was pivotal in creating the second goal, and was always, always making chances, and taking his man.

Hopefully, Emery can get him back to that, because I was amazed to realise the person who was doing all that was actually the same Iwobi who plays for us now. To put it in context, he won the Man Of the Match award....... against Chelsea, in one of his first big games.
He was very good when he just got into the team then he got Wengered . Lets see if he can turn it around . I'd give him half a season coming off the bench to convince me .

scytheavatar

Established Member

What was promised about Walcott? He became a decent player with decent returns. If Iwobi can become the next Walcott than he would have a successful career and contribute much to us.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi is technically in the top 3 as far as ball control and touch are concerned . He's going to be some player in the next 3 years .

He is also very strong. When the ball is in the air, he has absolutely no issue holding anyone off and bringing it down, shielding it and turning away.

I don't think he is a final third player. I think he can be exactly what Demebele is for Sp**s but with a better eye for a pass.

baccy_man

Established Member
The way that Arsène used to play players out of position can't have helped with their confidence,
And being played in a position that is not your favoured one can make you look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom