• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez: Returning to Barcelona after injury

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Can't draw any conclusions on the back of that cameo.

It did look pretty bad though, so I'm expecting he's a lot better than he showed.

ksarp

The optics didn’t look good today for him. Dispossessed a few times, he jogged back. Meanwhile city wingers work hard on both ends of the field..

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't draw any conclusions on the back of that cameo.

It did look pretty bad though, so I'm expecting he's a lot better than he showed.

You can draw the conclusions that Saka is faster, stronger, braver, more direct and more hard working. He probably would have lost the ball the same amount of times but completed dribbles also.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You can draw the conclusions that Saka is faster, stronger, braver, more direct and more hard working. He probably would have lost the ball the same amount of times but completed dribbles also.
I don't you can draw those conclusions. The lad was introduced into the game well after it had been killed by a handball goal. Hardly a piece of cake to enter a new league in those circumstances and shine right away.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

No, you can’t draw any conclusions. He signed on Thursday and came on when the team had given up. The only conclusions we can draw from all this is the people slagging him off are complete ****ing arseholes.

sammy89

Have to be harsh since he only has a few months to show what he's made of. Anyway, it was always gonna be a toss up, even if we shopped from the best bargain bin in the world.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He probably would have lost the ball the same amount of times but completed dribbles also.
Saka doesn't look like a guy who loses the ball all the time. I guess it's easier to bring in Barca loanee and give him time rather than give our players the same time. Nketiah had much better games this season and was bashed here probably by the same people who are defending Suarez now

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I guess it's guaranteed that we buy him in the summer? For a loan player I'd rather have a right back so we don't have to use Lichsteiner but maybe that's just me.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
:lol: You know I believe that too, been advocating for a minute - but in this case let's give Suarez the benefit of the doubt for now. Yesterday was a free hit in a game we already lost. Wouldn't be fair. I'd equally get annoyed when fellow fans draw quick conclusions on the likes of a Saka or an Nketiah.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
:lol: You know I believe that too, been advocating for a minute - but in this case let's give Suarez the benefit of the doubt for now. Yesterday was a free hit in a game we already lost. Wouldn't be fair. I'd equally get annoyed when fellow fans draw quick conclusions on the likes of a Saka or an Nketiah.

There is a difference though. Saka is a teenager. Suarez is 25 years old and he has come from a club where he has been training with the likes of Messi everyday.

I am not saying he isn't a good player or capable of a better performance. I am just saying he looks relatively slow, weak and conservative. That is probably why he has never really scored that many goals and his greatest season consisted of 12 assists.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He doesnt look like a winger, more suited to the centre of the mf with two holding midfielders behind him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Must have been a big occasion for him with Arsenal debut & City return under those circumstances.

Intrigued to see what position he starts in going forward even if I cant really see the sense in transfer over other areas.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There is a difference though. Saka is a teenager. Suarez is 25 years old and he has come from a club where he has been training with the likes of Messi everyday.

I am not saying he isn't a good player or capable of a better performance. I am just saying he looks relatively slow, weak and conservative. That is probably why he has never really scored that many goals and his greatest season consisted of 12 assists.
I mentioned that he wasn't the profile we should get. And that the profile we seek is similar to Saka and Amaechi, whom we already have. Let's see how it plays out. Suarez might yet be a good one.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I mentioned that he wasn't the profile we should get. And that the profile we seek is similar to Saka and Amaechi, whom we already have. Let's see how it plays out. Suarez might yet be a good one.

Gee I forgot about Saka , really have a fair bit of talent in the ranks.

Top Bottom