• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I drive past Özil’s road quite regularly and there’s no way he’s leaving that life behind just because he’s not a regular starter. As long as he thinks he has the majority of the fans on his side, he’ll probably tough it out, hope the team loses regularly under Emery and dream of him being sacked in the summer. I’d do the same if I was him, but I’m a horrible ****.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At least you have Kohli
Kohlli divides the country as much as Özil. Half the guys would love to see him dropped but the fellow is just too good.

Özil needs to take a leaf out of Kohli's book and just start producing numbers again, to shut his critics up.

I drive past Özil’s road quite regularly and there’s no way he’s leaving that life behind just because he’s not a regular starter. As long as he thinks he has the majority of the fans on his side, he’ll probably tough it out, hope the team loses regularly under Emery and dream of him being sacked in the summer. I’d do the same if I was him, but I’m a horrible ****.
doesn't have to be a sacking...just enough to make him select Özil.

sammy89

It makes zero financial sense for him to move away. Chances of him sticking it out are over 50%.

elemoo

Some people are straight up delusional:

- people think he doesn't fit into the team and is less effective than Iwobi/Mikhi so should be dropped (even though evidence shows we don't defend or attack better without him)

- people want him to perform better but he isn't given the chance of a run of games to show that he's putting in more effort and get people on his side again.

- people then make up random scenario's about how he just plays Fortnite all day, is using his PR team to make people feel sorry for him and/or had a falling out with the manager (with zero evidence to suggest this)

Like... what is he supposed to do? and who would seriously want to move to another club in his position? it would take me 5yrs to earn what he gets in a week!

Last edited:

HBL

Established Member
Kohlli divides the country as much as Özil. Half the guys would love to see him dropped but the fellow is just too good.

Özil needs to take a leaf out of Kohli's book and just start producing numbers again, to shut his critics up.

doesn't have to be a sacking...just enough to make him select Özil.
Yeah twitter when an India match is on does make me laugh. Kohli is crickets equivalent to Messi though, not sure why there is a debate.

I would love to see Özil show the same amount of motivation/commitment that Kohli does in all aspects of his game.

blaze_of_glory

Some people are straight up delusional:

- people think he doesn't fit into the team and is less effective than Iwobi/Mikhi so should be dropped (even though evidence shows we don't defend or attack better without him)

- people want him to perform better but he isn't given the chance of a run of games to show that he's putting in more effort and get people on his side again.

- people then make up random scenario's about how he just plays Fortnite all day, is using his PR team to make people feel sorry for him and/or had a falling out with the manager (with zero evidence to suggest this)

Like... what is he supposed to do? and who wold seriously want to move to another club in his position? it would take me 5yrs to earn what he gets in a week!
My favourite is people being mad about him staying positive on social media.

Even though it's probably not even him, which they're also sour about.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

That’s the worst thing about it though :lol: Its poor on multiple levels. Do you read the replies to those tweets? The whole thing is embarrassing now. He needs to tell the bellend who’s writing them to stop because it’s not working.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Özil will put in one more big performance for us this season. I can feel it.
Europa League Final. Every single other AM has a knee injury, Emery starts Mustafi instead of Mesut, Mustafi knocks heads with the opposing keeper, on comes Mesut, playing in his first game since Huddersfield in February, assists the equalizer and scores the winner ala Rambo in extra time. All in a 10 min cameo.

Fin.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Its most likely his PR team but he is definitely aware and most likely approves knowing full well the impact it has. Can't claim innocence imo.

Divided_Pie

Its most likely his PR team but he is definitely aware and most likely approves knowing full well the impact it has. Can't claim innocence imo.
Even if it's him posting directly, what exactly is wrong with what he's posting? That he's healthy, working hard, is committed to his club, is excited about the next game, and supportive of his teammates?

Is there any evidence that any of those things are false?

Regardless, why exactly should he refrain from these types of posts? What exactly should he be posting instead?

There is so much (negative) speculation around him, maybe he wants some control of the narrative since so many assume negative things about his health, his commitment, his work ethic, etc... can you blame him for wanting some transparency around his part in things?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Even if it's him posting directly, what exactly is wrong with what he's posting? That he's healthy, working hard, is committed to his club, is excited about the next game, and supportive of his teammates?

Is there any evidence that any of those things are false?

Regardless, why exactly should he refrain from these types of posts? What exactly should he be posting instead?

There is so much (negative) speculation around him, maybe he wants some control of the narrative since so many assume negative things about his health, his commitment, his work ethic, etc... can you blame him for wanting some transparency around his part in things?
I am one of those that don't like those posts for the simple reason that it makes him look like he doesn't mind being on the bench. This might be totally wrong and not playing is eating him from the inside. Unfortunately that isn't how it comes across to me with posts like those. The impression they leave me with is that he is fine with how things are. This might be totally wrong but cannot help being left with that thought.

Divided_Pie

I am one of those that don't like those posts for the simple reason that it makes him look like he doesn't mind being on the bench. This might be totally wrong and not playing is eating him from the inside. Unfortunately that isn't how it comes across to me with posts like those. The impression they leave me with is that he is fine with how things are. This might be totally wrong but cannot help being left with that thought.
This is kind of the problem I see, is fans assuming the worst of Özil (often when they are giving Emery every benefit of the doubt), with no actual facts.

But regardless, should he be posting about how mad he is at Emery for not playing him, and how Emery is a clueless c*nt who favors ugly football and has no clue how to manage a big club? I guess most would rather he just not post at all, and let the media or his manager tell his story, whether or not it's true.

elemoo

This is some ‘Michael Jordan’s final shot in Space Jam’ typa reach!

There is simply no correlation or otherwise in any of his posts to suggest this... so ppl not liking his posts are making a big leap... I mean, what type of post would make you feel he’s not happy on the bench? And even if he wasn’t happy you think it would be helpful to him or his teammates to publicly say as much?! The only ppl that would benefit from that is the media.

His current PR setup is very professional and it would make no sense to have his teammates question his commitment to post anything but positive and supportive content - if that rubs you the wrong way and you can’t validate it beyond ‘cannot help being left with that thought’ then it’s likely you have a subconscious and unwarranted bias.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom