• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I'm tired of being disappointed time and time with this man. Might adjust my expectations and just come to terms that he is a good player, nothing more and nothing less.

say yes

forum master baiter
Özil will be made scape goat again today i guess.

He won’t and shouldn’t be. Defeat wasn’t his fault and there were plenty of other poor performances out there.

Sadly it’s not surprising how ineffectual he is in games like this though. Just not a top player anymore.

Gooner_girl14

He won’t and shouldn’t be. Defeat wasn’t his fault and there were plenty of other poor performances out there.

Sadly it’s not surprising how ineffectual he is in games like this though. Just not a top player anymore.

Still think he's got a lot left to give if we can get a proper midfield around him, which he certainly didn't have today and barely got into the final third because of it. It's definitely harsh to blame the loss on him as just about everyone was appalling, but you do just want to see more desire from him. Think he (like many of our other players) just looked too soft most of the match, outfought by a much hungrier Everton.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Such a weak effort. Should have tried to at least get the zip off the side of someone's face.

Seriously though he wasn't the worst today. Injuries and suspensions played a part in the selection of that poor midfield and it was always going to be difficult for a player like Özil.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Starting him, Lacazette and Mkhi together is probably the slowest combination we have in a front three.

All three players work best with quick runners around them, don’t like trying to play the possession game when opposition away from home won’t sit off us and are likely to press us higher.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Starting him, Lacazette and Mkhi together is probably the slowest combination we have in a front three.

All three players work best with quick runners around them, don’t like trying to play the possession game when opposition away from home won’t sit off us and are likely to press us higher.
They were all taking too many touches. Lacazette wasted the first chance by not getting his shot away quicker. Made a similar error in the 2nd half. Mkhi kept trying to nutmeg his way past 3 players and failing dismally every time. AMN, Özil, Guendouzi were all too slow, too casual. Horrific to watch. There's a serious mental block that's been cooking for years now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They were all taking too many touches. Lacazette wasted the first chance by not getting his shot away quicker. Made a similar error in the 2nd half. Mkhi kept trying to nutmeg his way past 3 players and failing dismally every time. AMN, Özil, Guendouzi were all too slow, too casual. Horrific to watch. There's a serious mental block that's been cooking for years now.

I do think play slowing down is a natural consequence of our formation today.

If none of the team can stretch the field or get in behind you end up with the midfield passing to each other.

Maybe Lacazette could have tried to run off the last defender a bit more but he was getting starved of service. Everton had two defenders on him because there was no one else they needed to mark.

Emery tried to change it at half time with PEA coming on as well but the build up was still too slow. Think the Iwobi sub came way too late.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I do think play slowing down is a natural consequence of our formation today.

If none of the team can stretch the field or get in behind you end up with the midfield passing to each other.

Maybe Lacazette could have tried to run off the last defender a bit more but he was getting starved of service. Everton had two defenders on him because there was no one else they needed to mark.

Emery tried to change it at half time with PEA coming on as well but the build up was still too slow. Think the Iwobi sub came way too late.
Agree with every word here, but I would expect that manager who is being paid millions would be able to anticipate more than a random guy on forum.

Özil was in a bad situation today, nothing was in front of him and he is not the type of player who will dribble through players to create something.

sammy89

He has never been and will never be a talisman that leads the line to victory. That's what makes his wages scandalous. 350k is talisman money.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Agree with every word here, but I would expect that manager who is being paid millions would be able to anticipate more than a random guy on forum.

Özil was in a bad situation today, nothing was in front of him and he is not the type of player who will dribble through players to create something.

I was disappointed with how we set up, today was almost a carbon copy of Chelsea’s defeat at Goodison from a few weeks ago.

Guendouzi and Elneny might have been fine as deep lying midfielders but they were on the ball so much in Everton’s half. It got so congested.

I feel like we should have had a team set up to counter, use Özil to get the ball quickly to PEA and Iwobi for example.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I love the guy, but sell in the summer and change the way we play. I'd be surprised to sacrifice Özil's brilliance for Laca and Auba both starting and a bit more energy in midfield.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I feel like we should have had a team set up to counter, use Özil to get the ball quickly to PEA and Iwobi for example.
Every setup that includes a lot of movement will work for Özil, and usually when it works for him, the other team is in trouble. If we can't setup the team for him, we should just leave him on the bench. He doesn't add anything to our game if that's the case.
I'm struggling to visualise in my head what should've they done today in our starting formation.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Every setup that includes a lot of movement will work for Özil, and usually when it works for him, the other team is in trouble. If we can't setup the team for him, we should just leave him on the bench. He doesn't add anything to our game if that's the case.
I'm struggling to visualise in my head what should've they done today in our starting formation.
Özil should have adapted to playing deeper 3 or 4 seasons ago but it hasn't happened, though he has had decent spells doing just that last season and this season. I think it's dawning on people having a free roaming AM in the EPL doesn't work often enough. The whole is nearly always greater than the sum of it's parts.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He didn't deserve to go off today. Mkhitaryan's feet is where moves went to die. The rest may have been invisible at times but Mkhi was actively breaking down promising situations.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mesut Özil today: 0 - Chances created 0 - Completed take-ons 0 - Fouls won 0 - Shots 1 - Coats thrown at Emery

Thrown at Everton coaching staff but yeah I’m bored of seeing all excuses being made for a guy who simply can’t function under any kind of physical intensity. Also had 6 duels, all lost and 14 giveaways.

The coat throw was such a ***** move :lol:

Not being the worst player isn’t an achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom