• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,258
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
In my book their trophies dont even count so its all good

Must kind of suck to be an historic Man City fan especially living out of Manchester, no one credits or takes the achievements seriously, I genuinely don't care if they win a trophy which is weird.

Would you guys take pogba here?

Definitely not, Pogba is the exact opposite of what we need, we already have our inner mentality issues to weed out, adding one more at this time would be a bad decision.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
The same answer as the one most people had when Luis Suarez to Arsenal was a topic.

Why wouldn’t we take a world class footballer?
Seems many people dont think ability is worth it if they have a bad attitude.

3 no's and one yes so far.

Not sure the Suarez comparison is spot on tbf. He was also way better pogba when he played at liverpool.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Pogba would do bits here. We could use a presence like him in midfield. He’d click straight away with Aubameyang and Lacazette.

Hjalmaar

The same answer as the one most people had when Luis Suarez to Arsenal was a topic.

Suarez is a despicable cheating **** but he's on another planet on mentality, never hides and always does what ever it takes to win.

Would love him to be our despicable cheating **** tho. But wouldn't touch Pogshite with a barge pole.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Even in a world where that was possible, no way in hell. I have come to despise Pogba recently, his professionalism is so poor for a top player.
Not that there is any possibility of it happening but no, terrible attitude.

What is this based on? Not really up to date with him.

You're sounding a lot like Souness though...

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What is this based on? Not really up to date with him.

You're sounding a lot like Souness though...
I sound like myself man, I'm not influenced by that idiot.

Pogba was playing terribly under Mourinho and was constantly locking heads with him which is just such an embarassing portayal of what top level football is becoming. He eventually got sacked and he went from playing insanely bad to being top class. At this stage you can maybe say it is a one off in his career and maybe he and Mou just really didnt see eye to eye.

Within a month or so of this good form he gets his head turned by Real Madrid and starts to publicly flirt with them in the press when really he should have his head down concentrating on a period which was going to define Manchester United's season (fighting for top4, CL, and an FA cup). If he had continued to play well and give everything it would have been okay but apparently that Madrid talk got to his head... or the honeymoon period of finally getting rid of Mourinho and trying to prove himself as the 'the good guy in all this' dissapeared.

It is very clear that Pogba has a questionable attitude, especially being in a club where he has a lot of power in the dressing room. He's suited to teams where he's the little boy and has more senior players above him in the hierarchy (I have the same impression of Özil).
Perhaps Madrid will suit him.
It is also quite hard to not point a finger at Mino Raoila who has unquestionably been getting in his ear this whole time.

These super agents are really turning the dynamics of top flight football on it's head; they've stolen power from the clubs and given it to their clients. So it's more than just saying he should run around more, its a damning indictment of modern day football and the direction it might be going in the future. Thats my opinion at least.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I sound like myself man, I'm not influenced by that idiot.

Pogba was playing terribly under Mourinho and was constantly locking heads with him which is just such an embarassing portayal of what top level football is becoming. He eventually got sacked and he went from playing insanely bad to being top class. At this stage you can maybe say it is a one off in his career and maybe he and Mou just really didnt see eye to eye.

Within a month or so of this good form he gets his head turned by Real Madrid and starts to publicly flirt with them in the press when really he should have his head down concentrating on a period which was going to define Manchester United's season (fighting for top4, CL, and an FA cup). If he had continued to play well and give everything it would have been okay but apparently that Madrid talk got to his head... or the honeymoon period of finally getting rid of Mourinho and trying to prove himself as the 'the good guy in all this' dissapeared.

It is very clear that Pogba has a questionable attitude, especially being in a club where he has a lot of power in the dressing room. He's suited to teams where he's the little boy and has more senior players above him in the hierarchy (I have the same impression of Özil).
Perhaps Madrid will suit him.
It is also quite hard to not point a finger at Mino Raoila who has unquestionably been getting in his ear this whole time.

These super agents are really turning the dynamics of top flight football on it's head; they've stolen power from the clubs and given it to their clients. So it's more than just saying he should run around more, its a damning indictment of modern day football and the direction it might be going in the future. Thats my opinion at least.

Fair enough. There just seems to be a bit of a Pogba witch hunt at the moment. Like the other day I believe it was Neville, Keane and someone else saying he should be setting an example to a junior player like Lingard even though Lingard is older

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Two different worlds, really.

Whilst Suarez is the far superior player anyways and one of the best of the last decade, something Pogba does in no way deserve to included in, Suarez is a top topclass professional who always gives 100% on the field.

There's no nights out, fashion shows and other garbage. The only thing that hurt Suarez image is his obvious crazyness in heated moments, but that is a totally different matter.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Meaning one of salah mane or Firmino are leaving the last position they need to improve on is wings they only need attacking mid and defender this summer

I think they need one more top class attacker. Shaqiri isn't good enough to be a starter and the way they play chances are good one of their trio might break down and then they're in trouble. But instead of a clearcut winger like Pepe, I though last years attempt to sign Fékir made a lot more sense. Klopp played four attackers at times this season already with Firmino at 10, Salah up top and Shaqiri on the right. An attacker would make sense for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom