• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Emery on Xhaka: "We were speaking this morning. [Make a] mistake, recognise that mistake, learn, correct it, improve & repeat with success. Every player makes mistakes, only some are magnified because the consequence is more" #Arsenal

Emery: "But really we can't have more mistakes like that after they score a goal against us or if we haven't scored. But I am focused on the good things, on the positives. Xhaka has a big character & he's very important for us" #Arsenal

Emery on Xhaka: "He gives us a very good balance with the ball & without the ball. I think he's very important for us. We can talk about the defects for every player, for him also, but we can speak about positive things, the very positive performances he gives us in most matches"

--------------------------------

Emery explains why he likes Xhaka. But fails to mention that this is not his first big mistake that had big consequences.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Off the top of my head I remember a beautifully disguised pass into Pepe’s feet against Spuds. Found him in the box and tbh Pepe could’ve done a bit better.

Damn ****ing right I know the game and I know for a fact Xhaka remains our biggest ball progressor from midfield. I’m not a sheep- I don’t get how rating Xhaka all of a sudden means one knows nothing about football.

I’m not defending his stupidity, how could I? But he has clear footballing ability, the man isn’t dogshit. And tbh he’s on a list with some talented players, Milivojevic is a surprise but he’s decent as well. He’s in good company there and is miles in front.

Fwiw I don’t think he should be a nailed on starter. But people are acting as if we’ve got some kind of crackhead Mark Noble in the middle. I can least see what’s he brings to the table.

Most of what you’ve mentioned is about what he does on the ball and expansive team play but if he can’t do the basics right, what good is that?

In modern football, and especially at this level, having a player in his role as immobile and rash as him is costing us goals and costing us points. His team mates don’t trust him defensively and under any sort of press he panics and concedes stupid fouls.

I fail to understand how you can’t see that as a major major issue.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Emery on Xhaka: "We were speaking this morning. [Make a] mistake, recognise that mistake, learn, correct it, improve & repeat with success. Every player makes mistakes, only some are magnified because the consequence is more" #Arsenal

Emery: "But really we can't have more mistakes like that after they score a goal against us or if we haven't scored. But I am focused on the good things, on the positives. Xhaka has a big character & he's very important for us" #Arsenal

Emery on Xhaka: "He gives us a very good balance with the ball & without the ball. I think he's very important for us. We can talk about the defects for every player, for him also, but we can speak about positive things, the very positive performances he gives us in most matches"

--------------------------------

Emery explains why he likes Xhaka. But fails to mention that this is not his first big mistake that had big consequences.
Most importantly Emery is not talking about this by himself. The media are putting in the knives with the Xhaka situation. Good.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Most of what you’ve mentioned is about what he does on the ball and expansive team play but if he can’t do the basics right, what good is that?

In modern football, and especially at this level, having a player in his role as immobile and rash as him is costing us goals and costing us points. His team mates don’t trust him defensively and under any sort of press he panics and concedes stupid fouls.

I fail to understand how you can’t see that as a major major issue.

I don’t think he’s even that bad positionally- if anything he’s pretty decent. Bit of a recycled argument but our system doesn’t help him at times- he’s often left exposed.

His immobility shouldn’t be as much of an issue as it is. The likes of Busquets, Rodri and Weigl are hardly ballerinas but they’re key for their teams in the middle of the park. Sometimes the setup around them masks their shortcomings.

Like I said, I can’t defend him costing us goals- it’s obviously one too many at this point. I understand perfectly it’s a major issue. But I’ve yet to see a game where we’ve excelled without him in the side. Maybe that’ll change over the course of a season but I can see what he offers us. In my humble opinion, he’s not dogshit.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Video starts with ****neny scoring/assisting a free header on a corner ffs. Hahahahaha, dead.

Never seen that before ffs, turns out it's some friendly. Video also says Elneney "16/17", and posted on sep. 2016 with footage only from friendlies. :lol:

You've out-nonced yourself.
The whole point of the video was to show that if you want to show video of some random good pass as an argument, you can find a video for anyone. With so many good passes in the video, you just watch the first 30 seconds and start arguing based on that?
Oh. I forgot that you are the guy who talks about football based on articles you read on Mirror instead of watching matches.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I don’t think he’s even that bad positionally- if anything he’s pretty decent. Bit of a recycled argument but our system doesn’t help him at times- he’s often left exposed.

His immobility shouldn’t be as much of an issue as it is. The likes of Busquets, Rodri and Weigl are hardly ballerinas but they’re key for their teams in the middle of the park. Sometimes the setup around them masks their shortcomings.

Like I said, I can’t defend him costing us goals- it’s obviously one too many at this point. I understand perfectly it’s a major issue. But I’ve yet to see a game where we’ve excelled without him in the side. Maybe that’ll change over the course of a season but I can see what he offers us. In my humble opinion, he’s not dogshit.
Agree with everything you say. I couldn't have put it better myself. You took the words out of my mouth. I second your thoughts....other phrases indicating agreement...

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The whole point of the video was to show that if you want to show video of some random good pass as an argument, you can find a video for anyone. With so many good passes in the video, you just watch the first 30 seconds and start arguing based on that?
Oh. I forgot that you are the guy who talks about football based on articles you read on Mirror instead of watching matches.

The stats posted support Xhaka's ball progression skills.

Then you claimed he only passes wide, slowly.

@samshere posted a video as an evidence to further back up the stats.

Your response? A joke video Elneny murdering farmers on corners with bullet headers in friendlies. They don't even record stats in those games.

Furthermore, where are Elneny's stats, that he's good at passing forward? Care to post those? Sam posted the video on top of the stats already provided.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The stats posted support Xhaka's ball progression skills.

Then you claimed he only passes wide, slowly.

@samshere posted a video as an evidence to further back up the stats.

Your response? A joke video Elneny murdering farmers on corners with bullet headers in friendlies. They don't even record stats in those games.

Furthermore, where are Elneny's stats, that he's good at passing forward? Care to post those? Sam posted the video on top of the stats already provided.
I told that most of Xhaka's passes were diagonal and slow which haven't been really useful to us. He then showed Xhaka making a pass in the Liverpool match when we were already three goals down after which they made defensive subs, stood back and let us have all the possession. One video where Xhaka made a forward pass into the box doesn't mean that he did it throughout the match. That's why I posted a video of Elneny making such passes. Anyone who watched the match would know how frustrating he was, during the first half. Of course, you wouldn't know.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It‘s really absurd that people can‘t admit that Xhaka has some upside, at least in comparison to our other midfielders.

If Xhaka is „dog sh*t“ then so is Emery because he plays a „dog sh*t“ player every time he can and made him captain of the club. You can‘t have both.
He’s got an upside when conditions are perfect. He strikes a ball well and is capable of finding a man but he’s not creative by any stretch of the imagination. He’s just a very average footballer/midfielder with a very suspect temperament.

As for Emery, I don’t recall anyone saying he was perfect and I’m seriously disappointed that Xhaka sees so much game time. So nobody’s having anything ‘both ways’. If Xhaka is the 6ft 1” pile of dung that sinks Emery, I’ll gladly see the back of both.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He’s got an upside when conditions are perfect. He strikes a ball well and is capable of finding a man but he’s not creative by any stretch of the imagination. He’s just a very average footballer/midfielder with a very suspect temperament.

As for Emery, I don’t recall anyone saying he was perfect and I’m seriously disappointed that Xhaka sees so much game time. So nobody’s having anything ‘both ways’. If Xhaka is the 6ft 1” pile of dung that sinks Emery, I’ll gladly see the back of both.
At last you‘re seeing Emery for who he is.

That‘s progress :bounce:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I could get you such a video for Elneny.
You wouldn’t have as much footage though.
Seriously. How can people support this clown after watching him single handedly throwing away points for their favourite team?
The reason Xhaka gets so much ‘support’ is because you continue to push your belief that he’s just an outright terrible footballer.

Support is the wrong word, people just don’t agree with you and rightly so imo when you do things like imply that Elneny can do what he does.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Video starts with ****neny scoring/assisting a free header on a corner ffs. Hahahahaha, dead.

Never seen that before ffs, turns out it's some friendly. Video also says Elneney "16/17", and posted on sep. 2016 with footage only from friendlies. :lol:

You've out-nonced yourself.
Tears lmao.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
You wouldn’t have as much footage though.

The reason Xhaka gets so much ‘support’ is because you continue to push your belief that he’s just an outright terrible footballer.

Support is the wrong word, people just don’t agree with you and rightly so imo when you do things like imply that Elneny can do what he does.
Everyone including myself has repeatedly mentioned that he could be a good player in a slower league like Italy.
I didn't say Elneny can do what he does. I just showed Elneny as an example to prove that using a video of a single pass by a player is not a valid argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom