• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Some managers want their ball winners roaming so that they can have their distributor as the first player picking up the ball from defence.

The lucky ones have a distributor who can also win the ball back that way they don't have to deal with that dilemma. We've seen Sarri and now Lampard re-position Kante as a roaming ball winner so that Jorginho can pull strings whereas Klopp has Fabinho and even Henderson who can do both.

Either we trust Torreira to do both or we play him deep alongside Xhaka. We'll lose some dynamism in midfield but we'll at least shield the defence better, right now that's what is killing us.

Think people are eager to defend Torreira though, in theory there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to play as a mobile ball winner. Tackling is tackling, he's not being asked to score goals or thread the needle.

Ashybashy86

Reading this page is hilarious. You’d think Emery is deliberately tryna ruin Torreira’s career and not that Torreira has been poor for the last 9 or so months. You can’t have a lightweight 5’4 guy protecting the defence, he gets bullied every game.
Xhaka and Guendouzi partnership clearly isn’t protecting the defence either. I also think they’re too slow on the ball and similar in what they offer. Xhaka with Torreira makes more sense to me as it’s more balanced.

Raicore

Want to see a midfield of Torreira, Willock and Ceballos starting an EPL game. Enough creativity and industry in there..

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Want to see a midfield of Torreira, Willock and Ceballos starting an EPL game. Enough creativity and industry in there..
That would leave only Torreira to do everything in CM, as Ceballos still makes too many risky passes.

Willock is not ready to start in CM with two unproven partners.

Raicore

That would leave only Torreira to do everything in CM, as Ceballos still makes too many risky passes.

Willock is not ready to start in CM with two unproven partners.

Torreira is quite used to doing the 'dirty work' in CM when partnered with Xhaka and Doozy last season. He did wane a bit after Christmas but the lad is a grafter. Willock and Ceballos offers more fight and guile if I compare them to Xhaka and Doozy whose style is kinda similar (playing passes in our half than forward passes in oppos half).

Next game is at home Vs Villa. Its a game that will suit T.W.C if they are given the chance by Emery me thinks.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Torreira is quite used to doing the 'dirty work' in CM when partnered with Xhaka and Doozy last season. He did wane a bit after Christmas but the lad is a grafter. Willock and Ceballos offers more fight and guile if I compare them to Xhaka and Doozy whose style is kinda similar (playing passes in our half than forward passes in oppos half).

Next game is at home Vs Villa. Its a game that will suit T.W.C if they are given the chance by Emery me thinks.
Villa have good Mids. Grealish and co. will overrun Torreira if he is left alone. Which will happen if you keep Willock and Ceballos next to him.

Wouldn't surprise me if Torreira and Xhaka start v/s Villa.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

All well and good saying he should be capable of adapting to a new role but there is no way he is being coached properly, as clearly no one is.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Some managers want their ball winners roaming so that they can have their distributor as the first player picking up the ball from defence.

The lucky ones have a distributor who can also win the ball back that way they don't have to deal with that dilemma. We've seen Sarri and now Lampard re-position Kante as a roaming ball winner so that Jorginho can pull strings whereas Klopp has Fabinho and even Henderson who can do both.

Either we trust Torreira to do both or we play him deep alongside Xhaka. We'll lose some dynamism in midfield but we'll at least shield the defence better, right now that's what is killing us.

Think people are eager to defend Torreira though, in theory there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to play as a mobile ball winner. Tackling is tackling, he's not being asked to score goals or thread the needle.

Torreira is quick over he first few yards but he is also our slowest midfield when the distance opens up .
I am actually not sure the guy is very happy atm , did not even celebrate the winning goal , just walked straight up the pitch .

Last edited:

Pepes blue pill

Torreira is quick over he first few yards but he is also our slowest midfield when the distance opens up .
I actually not sure the guy is very happy atm , did not even celebrate the winning goal , just walked straight up the pitch .

tbf I woulda done the same, I mean there was still time to play and as the end showed we cant be trusted to defend a goal lead, they had a decent chance straight after and shoulda had a pen as well

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Pretty sure he'll be in Milan next year. Don't get attached.

We'll do well to get 40m for him and invest in a real defensive midfielder.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Misuse of Torreira is one of the main reasons I’m turning on Emery. He’s class.

Drop Xhaka and play him deep ffs. Should be starting every single game.

Whats Emery smoking though, he sees Torreira as box to box midfielder? my god.....

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I actually not sure the guy is very happy atm , did not even celebrate the winning goal , just walked straight up the pitch .

Those rumours of him leaving in the summer might have had something to them. I can see us replacing him soon

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi

He looked a different player in Serie A. People often mention that Xhaka could adapt well in that league, I think Torreira is the same. Even playing further forward he looked different than he does in the Premier League.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Misuse of Torreira is one of the main reasons I’m turning on Emery. He’s class.

Drop Xhaka and play him deep ffs. Should be starting every single game.

He definitely should be playing at the base . I remember Xhaka/Tor v Liverpool and Sp**s at home and they were awesome as a pair but then just broke it up .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom