• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would take him back as a caretaker untill the end of the season. I have no doubt he would steady the ship and get us top 4. Good vibes again. And we use the time to get Nagelsmann, Ten Hag, or any positive manager in for next season. Or Arsène does so well, stays, and wins the PL/CL double next season and gets the farewell this great man deserves. I MISS YOU!
This.

Steps

Just seen this

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-the-key-in-arsenal-loss-to-sheffield-united

Emery said after the game that, had Pepe converted his chance, it could have been a different result, per Tommy Doleman of Goal:

"The chance for us, for Pepe, was the key. Because if they score the first goal, defensively they're very strong. Pepe is improving I think, but his way with us is little-by-little getting better, and the next step is to score. Tonight for example, the best chance is one he is usually going to score, but he didn't take it with efficiency. He is improving and taking confidence, but it is one process."

While I agree that Pepe should have scored, he makes it out to be like the entire game hinged on that one play. If your system is that broken, you need to really re-evaluate your approach.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He got caught putting the moves on a russian girl after a loss? I mean hate him or love him but as a man you have to respect that :lol:

Did not expect that...amazing :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The idea of giving him more time completely died when Lampard and Rodgers came in and transformed their teams with very little time. He has clearly hit a ceiling.

Wonder how different it would be now if Arteta did get the job back then.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Sums this guy up, all he's good for is chatting bollocks. Bullshitted his way into the job with his plan to build around Ramsey who he dropped after the first game. Bullshits his way through life with his ethos about hard work, respect, teamwork blah blah.
He showed himself to be a liar when he mentioned AMN during his interview. The twitter stuff is cringeworthy and it's's a worry that the board seem to be taken in. Just get rid. He's not right for us.

blaze_of_glory

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Fans now resorting to trash and insults. The absolute state of this fanbase sometimes is something else.

Reactions: A_G

MATHEO

The whole point behind building from the back is to attract the opposition and create a 3 vs 3-4 situation at the attacking end of the pitch.

But Emery doesn't exploit that at all, instead of using his wingers to stretch their defence and open up the space for through or long balls, he instructs them to come deep to "help" his defenders get out of extremely difficult positions through short passes in his own half, but what actually happens is that he's inviting pressure because as soon as the wingers are pressed down they run out options and passing angles become too tight and suddenly the opposition is all over us in our own half.

This pattern of play repeats itself over and over and over, Defenders play it wide to full backs who play it short to wingers coming deep who have no option but to flick it to midfield where its congested already because of pressure and the ball is lost very quickly.

Instead of using the space, and push their defenders back, Emery stubbornly insists on this pattern of play thinking that with proper training they will be able to get out of these tight situations with short precise passing every time which is completely unrealistic. It is very difficult to do even with top technical players let alone players who are average technically like our defenders and midfielders.

Obviously Emery has lots of other faults and the team is so painful to watch, but this point really tops it all for me as it happens time and time every few minutes throughout every single match.

Morning_woody

This i never understood, not only in our club but in other football clubs as well.
Unai is a dead man walking, why haven't we sacked him yet?
What are we waiting for?
What's the worse thing that can happen if we let him go now?
Sure we are going to lose some money, but that's nothing compared to what damage he can do by staying here.
So, what's the worse that can happen?
We aren't playing well ( I don't think we can play any worse than this) and Unai has run out of luck so we aren't getting those lucky wins either.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This i never understood, not only in our club but in other football clubs as well.
Unai is a dead man walking, why haven't we sacked him yet?
What are we waiting for?
What's the worse thing that can happen if we let him go now?
Sure we are going to lose some money, but that's nothing compared to what damage he can do by staying here.
So, what's the worse that can happen?
We aren't playing well ( I don't think we can play any worse than this) and Unai has run out of luck so we aren't getting those lucky wins either.
Situation isn’t that bad, we’re floating around our target position for this season.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom