• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Xhaka has a good long pass, but he is very slow in his moves and many skills more that he must improve. I hope that Xhaka will sell inwinter or maximun in summer.

Squillaci

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that there are people who think Xhaka is a good player. Not to mention there are people thinking he is brilliant.

Imagine unironically liking this guy. FFS.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Absolute myth mate, it's like saying Xhaka has a good long shot, occasionally he gets lucky but consistently none of these are good.
This winds me up the most. Very rarely does it ever come off. Players that have good long passes manage to complete them at least 50% of the time. I would say 10% of the time he manages it.
His range of passing includes passing to the opposition more than that and Im not even trying to be harsh, its just the truth.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
This winds me up the most. Very rarely does it ever come off. Players that have good long passes manage to complete them at least 50% of the time. I would say 10% of the time he manages it.
His range of passing includes passing to the opposition more than that and Im not even trying to be harsh, its just the truth.
This myth just keeps on growing even though I can't remember a single effective long pass he has given in ages(apart from the one I saw for Switzerland in a game against some scrub team in the qualifier & by effective I mean a pass which creates a goal scoring opportunity & not the ones to the fullback's chest)
I still don't know why people bring that up, he is decent at long range shots & that's basically it for positives in his game.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Encouraging to read the last couple of pages of posts. Clearly most here see Xhaka for what he is and that is not good enough by a mile for Arsenal. I am regaining my confidence in my fellow Arsenal supporters!

Ash10

Now a serious question, what would someone from Bangladesh, India and South Africa know about football? Do you even have football there?

One thing I know, Bangladesh has a very funny name, congrats.
Btw he's not a racist:)

Jae

Absolute myth mate, it's like saying Xhaka has a good long shot, occasionally he gets lucky but consistently none of these are good.

He scores on average 3-4 goals (in all competitions) a season and until this season and getting booted out of the team he'd played pretty much every minute of every game.

So what's that? 50 games a season... A goal every 1125 minutes? :lol: Hardly a stellar ratio is it? Plus half of those goals were from distance.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Great thread this.

I might get in trouble for this but I'd play him at the moment if he were fit. Guendouzi is having a bad patch, which is likely for any young player. And he's to easily dribbled past in midfield as well. Willock should play cup games at the moment. I'm not sure about Ceballos but also haven't seen him in a few months it feels. That leaves Torreira to combine him with.

Anyway. This says more about our current midfield options than my opinion of Xhaka. He's obviously not good enough if we want to compete.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He scores on average 3-4 goals (in all competitions) a season and until this season and getting booted out of the team he'd played pretty much every minute of every game.

So what's that? 50 games a season... A goal every 1125 minutes? :lol: Hardly a stellar ratio is it? Plus half of those goals were from distance.

Would be more if he played higher Up and not at dm!

He has scored more in less games for switzerland!

Ash10

Would be more if he played higher Up and not at dm!

He has scored more in less games for switzerland!
Maybe the relegation fodder that buys him from us will do that as no team with any ambition would ever play Granit Xhaka further up front
& also he looks better for Switzerland in general due to most of the international teams in qualifiers being scrubs who let him have all the time & space in the world. Anytime they face any good team he turns back into his regular fouling, mistake prone, average self

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Not surprising since Xhaka probably wanted out anyway come february and Hertha is an exciting project at the moment with big ambitions (they got a new high profile investor and are revamping the club)

So, win-win for everyone really. IF our board has a replacement CM ready. And thats what I fear most.

Especially if Torreira leaves as well. Then we’re ****ed beyond belief. Ceballos-Guen-Willock as our only options is the stuff of nightmares. Nobody there with any positional sense.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Not surprising since Xhaka probably wanted out anyway come february and Hertha is an exciting project at the moment with big ambitions (they got a new high profile investor and are revamping the club)

So, win-win for everyone really. IF our board has a replacement CM ready. And thats what I fear most.

Especially if Torreira leaves as well. Then we’re ****ed beyond belief. Ceballos-Guen-Willock as our only options is the stuff of nightmares. Nobody there with any positional sense.
Arteta will have identified replacements already and told the club who he needs. He understands the importance of a midfield, will have known the Xhaka and Torreira situations, and will expect to be allowed to replace at least one of those.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Arteta will have identified replacements already and told the club who he needs. He understands the importance of a midfield, will have known the Xhaka and Torreira situations, and will expect to be allowed to replace at least one of those.

While this is true. We are Arsenal.
Remember not really buying a DM last summer except Luiz? Aldo zero backup at rightback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom