• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
How did Raul end? He sacked his "mate" when everyone said he wouldn't, and he's not going to single handedly pick the next manager.

Either way, he's not going to risk his neck out a second time round, he lost all the good will he got during the summer and then some, which is why I never got the Arteta thing at all.

Leeroy1979

Ancelotti has won titles in Spain Italy France Germany and here in England. Given where we are at the moment him coming in for this season and next is a little xmas miracle in my eyes. We aren't in the cl it will take another miracle for us to do it this season. If ancelotti can get us back there we will have our pick of young trendsetting managers

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I could see club wanting him to come in and sort the mess a bit, use experience to set up this team and mentor Freddie for a year and a half before switching clubs again, hopefully leaving us in good state.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don't disagree I just put the Freddie line in there so people wouldn't attack me for liking Ancelotti. :(

Ancelotti has been on the brink of the sack for what? Maybe a few weeks now?

Wouldn't surprise me if the board were waiting and this whole list of 12 candidates and interview process was a load of rubbish. What happens if Carlo turned things at Napoli around? Freddie stayed and got backroom staff in and we wait till summer.

Just a theory.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ancelotti has been on the brink of the sack for what? Maybe a few weeks now?

Wouldn't surprise me if the board were waiting and this whole list of 12 candidates and interview process was a load of rubbish. What happens if Carlo turned things at Napoli around? Freddie stayed and got backroom staff in and we wait till summer.

Just a theory.

AM loves theories, go on.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ancelotti is a lovely man and a historically great coach, but I don’t think he’s got it in him to transform an also-ran club into contenders.

Probably best short time impact for around 6-12 months then below the performance curve of a quality choice 'new-age' coach.

His elite man-management won't help forever without a long term vision for the club as a whole which I don't see under Ancelotti anymore these days.

Can even determine the exact point in time where I lost my trust in Ancelotti for being one of the best coaches around - he, like Kovac at Bayern, was unable to put his own mark on the team. Pretty much no identity, just half-baked bits of Guardiola and Heynckes.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Ancelotti is a lovely man and a historically great coach, but I don’t think he’s got it in him to transform an also-ran club into contenders.
He is certainly a class act, one of the few who could rival Wenger in that regard. Share your concerns though but if we are to get a manager mid season he is probably as good as we can expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom