• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
Ramsey is the level of a 4/5/6/7th club.
So he is perfect for Arsène and Arsenal.

I'm resigned to wait for another 5 years before I see the end of Ramsey and Wenger. It has to come to an end at some time.

Wenger, Ramsey, Theo - you wonder why we don't win anything.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
When the becomes true

They didn't really analyse why Ramsey stayed behind earlier and then started venturing forward as the game wore on. It could be only because Swansea stopped pressing and dropped deeper after conceding. We started dominating when the opponents allowed us to, this won't really help us against teams that press relentlessly like Sp**s or Liverpool(or even Southampton)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What did you think of Mourinho's Xabi Alonso-Khedira midfield at Real? They also had Özil in front of them.
I think that's one of the best midfields to carry a no10 like Özil.

I was thinking of something similar when I wanted a Xhaka-Kante midfield. It would be very solid defensively but we'd need another elite attacking player to make it work.

karl

They didn't really analyse why Ramsey stayed behind earlier and then started venturing forward as the game wore on. It could be only because Swansea stopped pressing and dropped deeper after conceding. We started dominating when the opponents allowed us to, this won't really help us against teams that press relentlessly like Sp**s or Liverpool(or even Southampton)
Don't worry, all that running around caught up with Sp**s later last season. It also began to tell with Liverpool in the 2nd half of the match yesterday. In the end you need ability as well as endless pressing.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Don't worry, all that running around caught up with Sp**s later last season. It also began to tell with Liverpool in the 2nd half of the match yesterday. In the end you need ability as well as endless pressing.
No, but these teams have the quality to score when they're in the ascendancy.

Optimistic

They didn't really analyse why Ramsey stayed behind earlier and then started venturing forward as the game wore on
What do you mean? Ramsey came deep for the ball more often in the first part of the game because him and Xhaka were sharing midfielder responsibilities equally - sometimes Ramsey would pass from deep, with Xhaka higher up, sometimes they would switch these roles. They continued this until they sussed out late in the first half that it works better when Xhaka is further back.

Unless you mean why did Ramsey start making more attacking runs after we were winning? That seems pretty self-explanatory. We were running the game, why not? Even Xhaka came further up the pitch to pepper the Swansea goal with some long shots toward the end.

BBF

Ramsey is the level of a 4/5/6/7th club.
So he is perfect for Arsène and Arsenal.

I'm resigned to wait for another 5 years before I see the end of Ramsey and Wenger. It has to come to an end at some time.

Wenger, Ramsey, Theo - you wonder why we don't win anything.

Not really. It's the manager. Klopp has a clogger like Henderson as one of his most important players and Poch has Dele Alli, a limited dribbler scoring goals in attacking midfield.

The same can't be said for Wenger and Ramsey.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Having watched the game , it was just because we pushed them back .

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Having watched the game , it was just because we pushed them back .
Or they dropped back when their game plan of pressing us into a mistake didn't work, and they had to stop themselves from going further behind. Xhaka deeper and Ramsey playing a more advanced role is common sense, don't think that it would've taken them all of the first half to figure that out, and then suddenly start dominating once they did. In fact the only difference between the Bournemouth game, and this one was the fact that Bournemouth managed to score when they did.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Or they dropped back when their game plan of pressing us into a mistake didn't work, and they had to stop themselves from going further behind. Xhaka deeper and Ramsey playing a more advanced role is common sense, don't think that it would've taken them all of the first half to figure that out, and then suddenly start dominating once they did. In fact the only difference between the Bournemouth game, and this one was the fact that Bournemouth managed to score when they did.

Wouldn't that be the same thing though ? . Xhaka and Ramsey take awhile to get into games maybe because they are a new partnership I don't know . I know Ramsey didn't begin to press till late in the first half . I don't believe the structure is Xhaka in a deeper role and Ramsey advanced , that is just too easy to press .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not really. It's the manager. Klopp has a clogger like Henderson as one of his most important players and Poch has Dele Alli, a limited dribbler scoring goals in attacking midfield.

The same can't be said for Wenger and Ramsey.

Henderson has been an important midfield cog for Pool for years and getting a limited dribbler to score goals is a hardly good management the PL is littered with them .

If I recall correctly Ramsey had his best season under Wenger before that most on here had written him off . The list of players Wenger has got the best out of is pretty damn long . Ramsey drop in form is due to Ramsey himself .

Hunter Zolomon

Henderson has been an important midfield cog for Pool for years and getting a limited dribbler to score goals is a hardly good management the PL is littered with them .

If I recall correctly Ramsey had his best season under Wenger before that most on here had written him off . The list of players Wenger has got the best out of is pretty damn long . Ramsey drop in form is due to Ramsey himself .
i really dont want to start listing the crocks we have here in this club. Just admit that there is a possibility that other managers might be better than lord wenger at getting the best out of players.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Wouldn't that be the same thing though ? . Xhaka and Ramsey take awhile to get into games maybe because they are a new partnership I don't know . I know Ramsey didn't begin to press till late in the first half . I don't believe the structure is Xhaka in a deeper role and Ramsey advanced , that is just too easy to press .
Fair enough. I'm just saying that I'll withhold my judgement till they face sterner tests.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
i really dont want to start listing the crocks we have here in this club. Just admit that there is a possibility that other managers might be better than lord wenger at getting the best out of players.
No, other managers might equal Wenger at player development but they don't surpass him. Name me one single player that has gone on to have a better time after leaving Arsenal. They might have won more(Nasri, fab, RVP etc etc), but they never exceeded their own level of play while at Arsenal.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

The man has plenty of faults, but Wenger is one of the top managers in getting the best out of average players and getting something extra from great ones. Like Samshere said, it's hard to see a player play better football then he did at back Arsenal. At best they stay par for the course.

BBF

Henderson's been important for Liverpool, but that doesn't make him quality. What attacking midfielders do you know who are scoring goals without good footwork?

Ramsey's form is his own fault, and it's Wenger's fault for not capitalising on his strengths. There's been numerous sources saying Wenger lets the players work on their weaknesses and lets them work things out for themselves. Other quality managers work on weaknesses, play to their strengths or do both. Wenger puts Bendtner out on the wing to improve him. That's a huge difference to me.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Henderson's been important for Liverpool, but that doesn't make him quality. What attacking midfielders do you know who are scoring goals without good footwork?

Ramsey's form is his own fault, and it's Wenger's fault for not capitalising on his strengths. There's been numerous sources saying Wenger lets the players work on their weaknesses and lets them work things out for themselves. Other quality managers work on weaknesses, play to their strengths or do both. Wenger puts Bendtner out on the wing to improve him. That's a huge difference to me.

Not sure what you mean there by footwork , but there are plenty of limited dribblers that score goals including Alli , Ramsey , Cahill etc .

We did capitalise on his strength though by having him start on the wing and letting him play as an auxillary midfielder that could attack the box when he wanted it worked pretty well last season . Wenger did put Bendtner on the wing at times to create a mismatch in the air and we used to fire diagonal balls in the air at Bendtner .

Point is Potch and Klopp are fantastic managers but they aren't better than Wenger at player development there's just too much evidence to contradict it .

BBF

Not sure what you mean there by footwork , but there are plenty of limited dribblers that score goals including Alli , Ramsey , Cahill etc .

We did capitalise on his strength though by having him start on the wing and letting him play as an auxillary midfielder that could attack the box when he wanted it worked pretty well last season . Wenger did put Bendtner on the wing at times to create a mismatch in the air and we used to fire diagonal balls in the air at Bendtner .

Point is Potch and Klopp are fantastic managers but they aren't better than Wenger at player development there's just too much evidence to contradict it .

Cahill isn't here, and Ramsey who's scored 1 league goal this season so far isn't a goal scorer. No more than the usual mob. That's what I mean

I didn't say they were better at player development, I just said they were better at playing to their players strengths. I don't think Wenger plays to Ramsey's strengths. I see him addressing some of his weaknesses, and making him a better overall player, but not playing to his strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom