• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

'Chump opposition'. That one gets wheeled out when it suits. I don't see it said when Özil gets a hattrick against a bunch of roadsweepers though :lol:

It's still 3-4 games where he's looked better than anyone else. It's 3-4 games that has given me more to be excited about than any of the others have all season long. I agree he has a loooong way to go, but that must mean the others have a loooooooooooooonger way to go. ;)
The quality of your posts are getting worse by the day.

I've gone past bothering to point out what's wrong, I just pray for you now.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its comes down to if you think Ox will be a starter next season & if you believe Wenger will still be here. If either is 'no' we would just be pissing away the 100k p/w & 20m potential fee.

Those figures can buy you a star outwide & no way the new manager is trusting a raw player who can count CM games on his hands in such a key position. Just look at the quality our rivals have! You just dont learn the position overnight.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The quality of your posts are getting worse by the day.

I've gone past bothering to point out what's wrong, I just pray for you now.
The roadsweepers bit apart, I'm not stating any facts in that post, so how can it be possible to point out anything that's 'wrong' with it? You keep praying for me, and I'll pray that you can one day differentiate between fact and opinion. You can take this L and move on, boss :cool:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The roadsweepers bit apart, I'm not stating any facts in that post, so how can it be possible to point out anything that's 'wrong' with it? You keep praying for me, and I'll pray that you can one day differentiate between fact and opinion. You can take this L and move on, boss :cool:
Comparing an established top class player to a prospect who's showing the first signs of serious development was the first warped track in the eventual train wreck. :lol:

Players can only perform against the opposition they face but it's one thing when an established quality player performs against a poor team and a completely different thing when an inconsistent player does the same. Of course there's going to be doubts man!

So no. The others don't have a longer way to go, they're more proven than the Ox

you wallad.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@carlito'sway . You keep bringing up that you can lsit 12 or more players you would rather play there. It isn't really relative as the Ox has barely played there but when he has, he has stood out and also against good opposition like Ac Milan and Bayern.

There is such a massive difference between playing wide and central. It will take Ox time to adjust. Out of curiosity, of the players you can name, how many of them could play on the wing? And how many of them have been moved all over the place before getting a chance in the middle?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ox is our best performing CM lately--this can not disputed.
Damning with feint praise. Some of our midfield performances recently have been Flaminiesque.

Two things going for the Ox currently are the lack of credible alternatives currently and that he has the attributes to succeed as a CM. That said if others started upping their game and attributes fail to materialise into performances then what you have is the Ox's Arsenal career in a nut shell.

That said give him a contract. Its more important that we protect the club and the next manager so that when they decide what to do with him they have a contract in place that allows him to play (without a Walcott gun to the club's head) or gets true value when they sell him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Comparing an established top class player to a prospect who's showing the first signs of serious development was the first warped track in the eventual train wreck. :lol:

Players can only perform against the opposition they face but it's one thing when an established quality player performs against a poor team and a completely different thing when an inconsistent player does the same. Of course there's going to be doubts man!

So no. The others don't have a longer way to go, they're more proven than the Ox

you wallad.
Who's comparing players per se?

All I've said is Ox's best performance/s in MF this season have trumped anything Xhaka, a proven super gangster G Pirlo-esque of a midfield machine, has done for Arsenal. ...Whether I think he's a better MFer than Xhaka isn't being discusssed.

What is wrong with your reading skills? I know it's hard when you get hung by your balls, but creating a non existent argument just so you can then attack it, before running away with foam dripping from your mush, claiming your 25th world internet crown, won't reverse anything :lol:

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
@carlito'sway . You keep bringing up that you can lsit 12 or more players you would rather play there. It isn't really relative as the Ox has barely played there but when he has, he has stood out and also against good opposition like Ac Milan and Bayern.

There is such a massive difference between playing wide and central. It will take Ox time to adjust. Out of curiosity, of the players you can name, how many of them could play on the wing? And how many of them have been moved all over the place before getting a chance in the middle?

I don't know if Saul Niguez, Corentin Tolisso or Julian Brandt ever played on the wings, but frankly it is irrelevant in my views. My point is that, either on the wings or in CM, I have not seen enough talent or quality in Ox to warrant a contract extension and an over 100K/w wages.
He is not starter material on the wings and even less in CM where composure, technical ability, tactical intelligence and passing are keys.
He is currently being graded on a curve in CM when we rather need to be objective and realize he is not up to the standards required at this position. A couple of decent games here and there are surely not enough body of work to convince me otherwise.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If a new manager doesn't want him then we could easily get 20M+ for him. He's relatively young and English, there's always going to be a market for him. Makes sense to give him an extension.

carlito'sway

Established Member
If a new manager doesn't want him then we could easily get 20M+ for him. He's relatively young and English, there's always going to be a market for him. Makes sense to give him an extension.

That would make sense if his salary is reasonable for potential buyers.
Look at Theo's situation, I doubt, outside of the MU clubs, too many teams will be able and willing to afford him with his 140k/w. He will be very hard to unload.

ARSNLNO1

If we were to sell the Ox I think we would massively regret it. It has always been stated that Wenger sees him central long term and when he has been asked to play there has exceeded expectations. Give me the Ox any day over Ramsey or Coq.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Who's comparing players per se?

All I've said is Ox's best performance/s in MF this season have trumped anything Xhaka, a proven super gangster G Pirlo-esque of a midfield :lol:machine, has done for Arsenal. ...Whether I think he's a better MFer than Xhaka isn't being discusssed.

What is wrong with your reading skills? I know it's hard when you get hung by your balls, but creating a non existent argument just so you can then attack it, before running away with foam dripping from your mush, claiming your 25th world internet crown, won't reverse anything :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

25th world internet crown. You know what, I'll hand you your first crown. 24 more to go. :lol:

Yeah Ox in CM has been impressive. The skills he possesses allow him to effect the game more against lesser opposition than someone like Xhaka would if you see where I'm coming from? Xhaka has done what he does consistently and at a higher level, a 9/10 performance from Xhaka isn't as glamorous as a 9/10 from Ox.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

'Chump opposition'. That one gets wheeled out when it suits. I don't see it said when Özil gets a hattrick against a bunch of roadsweepers though :lol:

It's still 3-4 games where he's looked better than anyone else. It's 3-4 games that has given me more to be excited about than any of the others have all season long. I agree he has a loooong way to go, but that must mean the others have a loooooooooooooonger way to go. ;)

Better than anyone else? :lol:

You're supposedly a 'hype hater' but you damn sure love to pump up the tyres of your favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom