• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

When you look at Alli and then look at Wilshere and Ox it's just mind blowing how far I'm front of them he is.

He is also only 20. Ox doesn't have no where near the same level of intelligence that Alli has.

Alli isn't even comparable to Wilshere - they play significantly different roles.

eyoba

Ali's first touch is not that great but he is a great athlete and is good at finding space. He is good but not as good as he is made out to be. Ox is someone that I have a lot of time for. He is physically one of the most gifted player with a great technical ability. I just think he hasn't found the right coach. May be if Arsène leaves this year, may be we will see someone who can bring out the best out of the kid and I believe the sky is the limit for him.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Ali's first touch is not that great but he is a great athlete and is good at finding space. He is good but not as good as he is made out to be. Ox is someone that I have a lot of time for. He is physically one of the most gifted player with a great technical ability. I just think he hasn't found the right coach. May be if Arsène leaves this year, may be we will see someone who can bring out the best out of the kid and I believe the sky is the limit for him.

Oh lord.....The latest excuse is that he has not found the right coach. :rolleyes:
I would guess that all the England managers were not right either for him.

billyf

As @Rimaal has mentioned he could partner Xhaka although I think everyone has to injured for that to happen , better at tracking back than Ramsey as he showed in the last match .
Not necessarily. Wenger likes to play Ramsey on the side, so there is a chance of him playing next to the DM.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Football IQ >>>> everything else. It's why you can say that players like Iwobi have a chance of being world class but players like Ox (imo) don't.

That's the brilliant thing about football - it's for all shapes and sizes. No physical attributes required. Look at this weak, average paced, skinny guy who happens to be one of the best to ever play.

170px-Andr%C3%A9s_Iniesta_Euro_2012_vs_France_02.jpg

That's why it confuses me when his supporters admit he lacks on the intelligence side yet still claim he can be world class. I can't recall a WC player who's ever lacked footballing IQ...let's see if he's the first player ever to buck the trend.

Fallout

unfortunately most of our young british talent were better players at the start of their careers than they are now. ox ramsey and wilshere were sooo good at individual stages. its crazy to see where they are now.

theos the only one i can say whos improving slightly with time, but lets be honest he hasnt really lived up to that 140k contract and shouldnt be in the starting 11 of a title winner.

i hope ox can push on and have a big second half of the season. at least hes added some end product to his game now, so thats something.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I presume you are being sarcastic

Then I saw the text on your avi :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not aware of having any control of the avatar text. A moderator did it to take the mick. As you can see from my signature, it isn't true.

Aevi

Hale End FC
That's why it confuses me when his supporters admit he lacks on the intelligence side yet still claim he can be world class. I can't recall a WC player who's ever lacked footballing IQ...let's see if he's the first player ever to buck the trend.
I'm not sure Ronaldo (CR7) or Maradona are exactly footballing geniuses either. They're players who made their names on physical ability, natural flair, and dedication, which can be good enough imo.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Someone could give Ox the best set of tools for any task; plumbing, nuclear power whatever. It wouldn't make you think it was a good plan to get him round to try to fix your karzy, or let him loose at Sellafield to have a mess about...

:lol: Except we are talking about HIS football skillset and Arsenal gave him a contract as they thought it was a good plan .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm not sure Ronaldo (CR7) or Maradona are exactly footballing geniuses either. They're players who made their names on physical ability, natural flair, and dedication, which can be good enough imo.

When Ronaldo was developing in England he was accused of having no end product to speak off , actually Reyes was rated higher for a period ,how that changed . hows what can be done if you work hard enough .

Diego on the other hand is the greatest 10 the World has seen and he was coked up half the time .

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
:lol: Except we are talking about HIS football skillset and Arsenal gave him a contract as they thought it was a good plan .

Indeed. :lol: But the analogy still applies to his football skills. Not much point having more tools than Alli if he doesn't have the brain/knowledge to use them effectively to have the required level of impact in the game of football. Indeed, he's a talent, it just feels like he might never be more than a squad player at Arsenal. The club have too many of those. Sp**s basically know their strongest 12 or 13 players and that could help them. Alli knows if his form dips he'll get more chances and he doesn't have to be impatient.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Indeed. :lol: But the analogy still applies to his football skills. Not much point having more tools than Alli if he doesn't have the brain/knowledge to use them effectively to have the required level of impact in the game of football. Indeed, he's a talent, it just feels like he might never be more than a squad player at Arsenal. The club have too many of those. Sp**s basically know their strongest 12 or 13 players and that could help them. Alli knows if his form dips he'll get more chances and he doesn't have to be impatient.

Yeah definitely no guarantee but he is already making strides , think there could be a re rate by the end of the season .

skip spence

I'm actually sure they are. There's ample evidence for it.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm actually sure they are. There's ample evidence for it.
I'm not saying they have no footballing brains, I just wouldn't say they're anywhere near the top in that respect. Feel free to prove me wrong though, what's your evidence?

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm not saying they have no footballing brains, I just wouldn't say they're anywhere near the top in that respect. Feel free to prove me wrong though, what's your evidence?
I dunno, calling Maradona, the guy that the people of Naples including the Mafia and the Argentinian worships, one of the top legends in football, does not have top footballing brains...
that is a very serious claim here...
I mean you could pick other flair players, but... why Maradona?

Aevi

Hale End FC
I dunno, calling Maradona, the guy that the people of Naples including the Mafia and the Argentinian worships, one of the top legends in football, does not have top footballing brains...
that is a very serious claim here...
I mean you could pick other flair players, but... why Maradona?
This was more of a " from the top of my head" pick, and probably not a great one. He's just always come off as a pretty dull bulb to me though, despite being a good player.

Ronaldo is the one I feel more strongly about as not being particularly "football intelligent". He's a hard-working top athlete that has played in many strong teams to provide him with good service, giving him plenty of chances at goal. I don't find however that he makes particularly smart decisions or that he works well with the team (ie being too selfish), which are components of "high footballing IQ".

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This was more of a " from the top of my head" pick, and probably not a great one. He's just always come off as a pretty dull bulb to me though, despite being a good player.
I am just curious, this is rare. @MaraDon would probably have a say about this tho
Ronaldo is the one I feel more strongly about as not being particularly "football intelligent". He's a hard-working top athlete that has played in many strong teams to provide him with good service, giving him plenty of chances at goal. I don't find however that he makes particularly smart decisions or that he works well with the team (ie being too selfish), which are components of "high footballing IQ".
Ronaldo is a pretty good shout, tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom