• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Auba shot all the penalties although Laca is good at those too.

Auba 36 EPL games and without penalties 18+5=23 and Laca 35 EPL games 13+8=21. Not very big difference in points.
Why would you go without penalties?

22 vs 13 without assists. Quite a big difference.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
My biggest fan! The only time I've gotten a warning is when I made you cry and you went to the mods. Other than that I've been behaving well and haven't received any other warnings.
You didn't make me cry, I simply don't like being called a racist and then having racist insults thrown at me. Not sure how you even think you can turn that around. You were out of line and now you're crying foul play? Well done for not continuing to be a monumental prick. Clap clap! It's the bare fecking minimum expectation of people.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You didn't make me cry, I simply don't like being called a racist and then having racist insults thrown at me. Not sure how you even think you can turn that around. You were out of line and now you're crying foul play? Well done for not continuing to be a monumental prick. Clap clap! It's the bare fecking minimum expectation of people.

Don't get how this guy is still around after telling you to **** off into your mud hut or something anyway.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Well they're basically a gift of a goal. i.e. Monreal gets tripped in the box and PEA gets a goal out of it. Sure there is skill needed but you can hardly blame Laca for being a goal less due to the peanut..

Having said that I still am expecting more from Laca in the PL. But ny no means a detractor of his.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

22 vs 13 without assists. Quite a big difference.

Isn't it obvious? Both are very much similar quality penalty takers and Auba likely got them all to chase top scorer in the league. Or won paper rock scissors or similar.

So better to compare points total without penalties for whole picture. Difference in Premier League was 1 game and 2 points less for Laca. In minutes probably bigger difference than games but can't bother to check now. Great to have both strikers.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Lacazette had most game winning goals with Salah, total 9. Vardy next with 7. Don't know about Auba.

https://www.squawka.com/en/features/most-match-winning-goals-premier-league?amp
This. People who blindly look at his goal/assist and yammer about how ineffective he is, should look at the circumstances when he scored. The reason why people voted him as player of season even though he scored only 13 goals is that most of these goals were scored in important moments. Moments which turned matches. These are the moments which will be etched into people's minds.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Raaaas, it comes to something when mans teaching next man how to take down his OWN guy.

:rofl:

This. People who blindly look at his goal/assist and yammer about how ineffective he is, should look at the circumstances when he scored. The reason why people voted him as player of season even though he scored only 13 goals is that most of these goals were scored in important moments. Moments which turned matches. These are the moments which will be etched into people's minds.

Could you break done every goal Laca scored this season? What minute and what was the score?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Who else performed well in away matches? In all away matches, we are pressed way up and our defense and mid-field doesn't have any clue how to get out of it. In most matches, our forwards didn't receive any service at all.

Laca is a rubbish outlet in those away games. Can't win duels against defenders to save his live, can't run behind, slow AF, etc. No wonder he's absolutely useless in those games.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Always thought winning-goals is a bit misleading since the goals before are equally if not more important. Can't win without the equalizer.

Sometimes the winning goal is the only goal though.

Sure, good point. But winning goal is always very important. And brings 2 more points than a draw. Football also doesn't usually have more than 2 goals. You can also score 3 goals and lose 3-4 for example.

I understand overvalued but their importance simply cannot be downplayed logically. Not every striker scores these kind of goals constantly.

Laca 69% of his EPL goals game winning goals last season. Someone can call it luck of course.

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Laca is a rubbish outlet in those away games. Can't win duels against defenders to save his live, can't run behind, slow AF, etc. No wonder he's absolutely useless in those games.
If what you say is correct, I don't see how it affects him in away matches alone. It should have been the case in home matches too. Actually it should have been worse in home matches because other defenders sit deep, in home matches and strikers have to beat them to score or assist. In the away matches, most teams were playing high press which should really unlock our strikers if our midfielders had enough skills to get out of the press.
We conceded ****ing 35 goals in 19 away games. The only teams which conceded more goals in away games are Fulham, Huddersfield, Burnley and Bournemouth. Let that sink in first. That's the status of our defense in away matches. And you guys seriously want to blame Laca for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom