• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
It really doesnt matter about his or auba goal ratio. We conceeded 35 away goals, math is not my strong point but im guessing if we conceed that amount of goals we would have to score an obscene amount to win the games.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Sure, good point. But winning goal is always very important. And brings 2 more points than a draw. Football also doesn't usually have more than 2 goals. You can also score 3 goals and lose 3-4 for example.

I understand overvalued but their importance simply cannot be downplayed logically. Not every striker scores these kind of goals constantly.

Laca 69% of his EPL goals game winning goals last season. Someone can call it luck of course.
Winning goals and equilisers are difficult because of two reasons. We are under more pressure. Except the top 4, most other teams usually park the bus in these situations and it is hard to break through.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Sure, good point. But winning goal is always very important. And brings 2 more points than a draw. Football also doesn't usually have more than 2 goals. You can also score 3 goals and lose 3-4 for example.

I understand overvalued but their importance simply cannot be downplayed logically. Not every striker scores these kind of goals constantly.

Laca 69% of his EPL goals game winning goals last season. Someone can call it luck of course.
A fast google search says football average 2,7 goals per game in Serie A/La liga/bpl and Bundesliga..

Well it is partly luck of course, Imagine if laca got these chances earlier in the game, then he wouldn't be as a good a player?

If you score the first goal in a 5-0 win is it the winning goal? How is the winning goal calculated?

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Who else performed well in away matches? In all away matches, we are pressed way up and our defense and mid-field doesn't have any clue how to get out of it. In most matches, our forwards didn't receive any service at all.

It's a cop-out to blame everyone else, 'How is it Mustafi's fault when the midfielders and fullbacks have no clue what to do when pressed?'. You can defend any player by blaming it on others around them.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
It's a cop-out to blame everyone else, 'How is it Mustafi's fault when the midfielders and fullbacks have no clue what to do when pressed?'. You can defend any player by blaming it on others around them.
We have conceded 35 goals in away matches. Fifth highest in the league. Of course, it is fair to blame the defenders. And if you do watch the matches, you can clearly see that we have been outplayed in our own half and our forwards rarely receive any service.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We have conceded 35 goals in away matches. Fifth highest in the league. Of course, it is fair to blame the defenders. And if you do watch the matches, you can clearly see that we have been outplayed in our own half and our forwards rarely receive any service.
And the injury crisis on our defensive players and midfield.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
For start, both Mustafi and Sokratis are not ball playing defenders. They are constantly making panic decisions on the ball makes things even worse when we are being pressed (that something player like Bielik would sort out for us). It was actually Laca who proved to be the most valuable player when we were pressed. He was dropping deep all the time to win the ball or hold it for other players so we could transition to attack. That's something you won't see on the stats you are constantly showing around of how many goals did Laca score.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
For start, both Mustafi and Sokratis are not ball playing defenders. They are constantly making panic decisions on the ball makes things even worse when we are being pressed (that something player like Bielik would sort out for us). It was actually Laca who proved to be the most valuable player when we were pressed. He was dropping deep all the time to win the ball or hold it for other players so we could transition to attack. That's something you won't see on the stats you are constantly showing around of how many goals did Laca score.

I'm just speaking hypothetically.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
If what you say is correct, I don't see how it affects him in away matches alone. It should have been the case in home matches too. Actually it should have been worse in home matches because other defenders sit deep, in home matches and strikers have to beat them to score or assist. In the away matches, most teams were playing high press which should really unlock our strikers if our midfielders had enough skills to get out of the press.
We conceded ****ing 35 goals in 19 away games. The only teams which conceded more goals in away games are Fulham, Huddersfield, Burnley and Bournemouth. Let that sink in first. That's the status of our defense in away matches. And you guys seriously want to blame Laca for that?

No, it shouldn't. Home games are easier, that's a fact in football, not worthy of any further discussion.

The f*ck you on about? :lol: I'm blaming Laca for the things I listed. If you want to play the numbers game, Laca has 4 away goals, against the 3 relegated teams, Fulham, Cardiff and Huddersfield - "do you want to blame the defenders for that?!" :eek:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
No, it shouldn't. Home games are easier, that's a fact in football, not worthy of any further discussion.

The f*ck you on about? :lol: I'm blaming Laca for the things I listed. If you want to play the numbers game, Laca has 4 away goals, against the 3 relegated teams, Fulham, Cardiff and Huddersfield - "do you want to blame the defenders for that?!" :eek:
And I said that our defenders and mid-fielders were **** against other teams in away matches. They did not serve the forwards better. They pissed their pants whenever they were pressed. You want Laca to get the ball from Leno and dribble all the way to the goal?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Yes. That's the common consensus among people who watch the matches. They are the ones who voted him as player of the season Most haters here are scoreboard fans.

Furious

And I said that our defenders and mid-fielders were **** against other teams in away matches. They did not serve the forwards better. They pissed their pants whenever they were pressed. You want Laca to get the ball from Leno and dribble all the way to the goal?

Terrible posting.

Especially when we have Auba in the team who managed to score a very good amount away from home.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Are you describing Sanchez?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Terrible posting.

Especially when we have Auba in the team who managed to score a very good amount away from home.
All the away goals which Auba scored away too came against teams in lower half of the table. And Laca spends most of the time going back to help our midfield nonces. He is not to be blamed for the goal count. Even if we buy Zaha, we are not going to get better at away games till we get a players to replace Mustafi and Xhaka.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah. That dude was trying to do that. But that is also wrong. Football is a team game and you need to pass it to others every once in a while. He never found that out till the end.
He made a lot of good pass. I wish our team would have three Sanchez up front. Sanchez isn’t that selfish as people describe him to be. We used to have van persie hleb, Van persie nasri, Van persie arshavin.......the third one was always ****. It’s always walcott/chamberlain these type of dumbass who gets the third spot.

Furious

All the away goals which Auba scored away too came against teams in lower half of the table. And Laca spends most of the time going back to help our midfield nonces. He is not to be blamed for the goal count. Even if we buy Zaha, we are not going to get better at away games till we get a players to replace Mustafi and Xhaka.

More bollocks from you. He spends most of the time noncing around in midfield because he's absolutely useless where it matters, up front, and gets exposed for being slow and weak. Xhaka was the best player on the pitch vs Chelsea, Mustafi didn't play - how did that turn out? Another stinker from Lacazette as well.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yes. That's the common consensus among people who watch the matches. They are the ones who voted him as player of the season Most haters here are scoreboard fans.
It's actually just a couple of guys who constantly write crap about Laca. I've noticed that there's not much logic behind what they're saying, they just check the stats who scored where and that's that. Probably short term memory issues of what games looked like so stats are the only relation to them of what games we've played this season looked like.
Sometimes, even when you don't agree with some poster you can see that there is something behind what they are saying, but you just have different values and agree to disagree. The best example is Xhaka. While I think he is a horrible player, I can reason about what people think that he brings to the team and there is a healthy discussion even if we completely disagree. When it comes to attacking players, it's only about who scored or assisted and it's easier for bad posters to speak only about absolute numbers without giving any other input. For me, that's where the discussion ends because it's just pointless.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
More bollocks from you. He spends most of the time noncing around in midfield because he's absolutely useless where it matters, up front, and gets exposed for being slow and weak. Xhaka was the best player on the pitch vs Chelsea, Mustafi didn't play - how did that turn out? Another stinker from Lacazette as well.
Oh. According to you, a midfielder who ****s his pants whenever he is pressed and has given most number of goals due to errors ever since he moved to PL is a strong player. But Laca is weak? And I am the one speaking bollocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom