• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Alexis couldn't give a toss who manages him. Pay him the right money and make sure you're challenging for top honours. That's all he asks. And that's all fans should give a damn about. We want our best players paid the going rate and our best players to remain here--regardless of of who's managing us--so we have the best chance possible of winning the biggest trophies.

Yes, but the identity of the manager and the clubs ability to challenge for the title seem to be intrinsically linked.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yes, but the identity of the manager and the clubs ability to challenge for the title seem to be intrinsically linked.
Fans think about this stuff far more than players do. Players look at who they're going to be playing with, then they make sure the money's right--not necessarily in that order though! The manager's a bonus, as is being able to convince the player that the club are serious about winning. That's what happens in the real world.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Would be like Robin who stays loyal to Batman, which is really just a guy who used to be really afraid of bats and is now acting all tough, because he's got a ****load of gadgets, paid for with daddy's money.

If I were Robin I'd switch allegiance to Superman, that dude can fly and all. Also heard he covers travel expenses, unlike you.
Sure discount the fact that I took the little bastard in after his family died AND he's got a butler AND gets to stay up on school nights.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Alexis couldn't give a toss who manages him. Pay him the right money and make sure you're challenging for top honours. That's all he asks. And that's all fans should give a damn about. We want our best players paid the going rate and our best players to remain here--regardless of of who's managing us--so we have the best chance possible of winning the biggest trophies.

You don't know that though mate , none of us do .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You don't know that though mate , none of us do .
I don't know, obviously, but I think I've got a good idea. I honestly don't believe any of them care as much as people think they do, despite what they say. I mean, there's the obvious (for us, anyway) bad match-ups for players and managers, but money talks.

Hunter Zolomon

Yeah fair enough , fwiw I think he will stay regardless .
i also think he will also stay, however its no guarantee that he will see out his contract with us, he might decide that at age 30 he has had enough and like sagna leave empty handed because he wasted his best years here and might as well get a **** ton at city and maybe win somethinr before he retires.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yes, I really do think we're not offering what he's asking, which may or may not be the market rate.
Well if he's asking for 500k a week should we pay it?

Our club may be many things but they're not complete idiots. Sanchez will be offered at least 200k a week.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The problem is both. He's never going to win the CL here. Anyone with eyes can see that. He'd have a better chance of that at United, Chelsea, City, Atletico or Madrid and all of those clubs would likely pay him more. Now factor in that he'd also pay less taxes at the Spanish clubs. The only reason for him to stay at Arsenal is if he really does love the club and to stay at Arsenal means living with making less money than you could and winning less than you could. That is one hell of a commitment to ask someone to make. That would be like if you were at a mid tier tech company making 400K a year and carrying the load in your division with Apple, Samsung, Microsoft and Google all circling you offering you 1M+ and better resources to develop products. You'd have to really love your company or be a damn fool to pass it up.
All it takes is a signing or two and maybe a new manager.

If you can consistently get to the quarter finals then you're almost there. Margins are so fine at that level that anyone has a chance. When you put things the way you've put them it's quite depressing but I would say none of the English sides are close to the CL at the moment.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Fans think about this stuff far more than players do. Players look at who they're going to be playing with, then they make sure the money's right--not necessarily in that order though! The manager's a bonus, as is being able to convince the player that the club are serious about winning. That's what happens in the real world.

Indeed. Alexis was possibly looking at who he's playing with during this moment below? Might not get seriously past stage one of that process you outlined?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
All it takes is a signing or two and maybe a new manager.

If you can consistently get to the quarter finals then you're almost there. Margins are so fine at that level that anyone has a chance. When you put things the way you've put them it's quite depressing but I would say none of the English sides are close to the CL at the moment.
Yeah it is depressing but it's also reality which we can't ignore. Unless the manager and the transfer philosophy change we're going to remain miles off.

DSmich

Sanchez disappointed me today. He acted like a child for not playing all the match. Wenger benched him cause 1) Scared of an injury 2) We were already winning.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Well if he's asking for 500k a week should we pay it?

Our club may be many things but they're not complete idiots. Sanchez will be offered at least 200k a week.

Rooney, Aguero, Yaya, have been on close to 250k+ p/w for YEARS, long before the new PL TV deals kicked in. Pogba and Ibra have just come into the league this season and are both at 290k+.

200k isn't market rate for Sanchez. He'd be underpaid given his ability for a club of Arsenal's size in the current EPL climate.

The market has changed in transfer fees and loads of A-Mers accept that but for some reason many still hold on to the outdated view 200k being top wages/and acceptable offer for a wages to a WC player in the PL in 2017 and I can't understand why.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Rooney, Aguero, Yaya, have been on close to 250k+ p/w for YEARS, long before the new PL TV deals kicked in. Pogba and Ibra have just come into the league this season and are both at 290k+.

200k isn't market rate for Sanchez. He'd be underpaid given his ability for a club of Arsenal's size in the current EPL climate.

The market has changed in transfer fees and loads of A-Mers accept that but for some reason many still hold on to the outdated view 200k being top wages/and acceptable offer for a wages to a WC player in the PL in 2017 and I can't understand why.
I did say at least tbf but you have a point.

Ibra was a free agent and Pogba was a world record transfer. Aguero recently signed a new deal, whatever he's on should be the market rate and I believe that's in the 250k range.

grim_tales1

Sanchez disappointed me today. He acted like a child for not playing all the match. Wenger benched him cause 1) Scared of an injury 2) We were already winning.

I thought the same at first but he's always been like that when he goes off hasnt he? I think he could be happier for the team and fans though, applauding them etc, especially Wellbeck who's been out for months.
I miss the happy Alexis TBH. Maybe he prefers playing through the middle.

I remember Henry and RVP could be selfish too and no one minded that.

Marmaduke

I don't know, obviously, but I think I've got a good idea. I honestly don't believe any of them care as much as people think they do, despite what they say.

Still opinion at the end of the day... time will tell so personal bias plays a role.

I have a soft spot for Wenger so I tend to believe pro-Wenger articles and the same is validly true for people who believe his time has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom