• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Also disagree completely that Wenger thinks Alexis at CF is done.

It's only my opinion and prediction. We'll have a definitive answer of sorts when Walcott returns.

No we wouldn't, Alexis, Walcott and Giroud will NEVER all start together. It's been 2 and a half years since Alexis has joined and the three have never started together.

They haven't played together because Walcott's either been injured (coming back from a long-term ligament injury) or dropped from the starting lineup because of bad form. He's been transformed this season and a deserved starter. When he returns, I'm betting the formation I mentioned is what we'll play.

Great post. Sanchez has been a non-entity as a striker in all but one of our games against rivals. He's a winger/occasional number 10 being shoehorned into a position where he isn't offering enough against good opponents.

Give the fantasy up; he isn't Suarez.

Wenger has given up that on dream, and Giroud is starting and will keep on playing unless he has a big dip in form. Sanchez would not have been "relegated" to his old position if he was doing enough in Wenger's eyes and that's a fact.

Just because Giroud isn't the striker we want doesn't mean Sanchez is. There has to someone like Griezmann here next season or there's a another season fighting for a 2nd/3rd/4th awaiting us.

Sanchez wasnt dropped from striker postion becausee he was playing badly.

Walcott got injured. That is why.

Since then Giroud has been on unreal form and it would be unfair to drop him.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Sanchez wasnt dropped from striker postion becausee he was playing badly.

It's not about him playing badly. It's about whether he's in the correct position and whether he's the answer to our striker woes, post-Van Persie.

He's 28 and only played as a winger or as a no. 10 before this season. He's not going to transform into a true centre forward à la Suarez/Costa/Van Persie at this stage of his career.

scytheavatar

Established Member
It's not about him playing badly. It's about whether he's in the correct position and whether he's the answer to our striker woes, post-Van Persie.

He's 28 and only played as a winger or as a no. 10 before this season. He's not going to transform into a true centre forward à la Suarez/Costa/Van Persie at this stage of his career.

Guess what? His correct position is not that of a winger too, because his form clearly has dropped since moving back to the wings. Everyone has figured out cut in shoot cut in shoot cut in shoot cut in shoot by now.....

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Guess what? His correct position is not that of a winger too, because his form clearly has dropped since moving back to the wings. Everyone has figured out cut in shoot cut in shoot cut in shoot cut in shoot by now.....
I can't say for sure, but I reckon you might be surprised at how many goals were not a result of cutting in onto his right foot; not that specific action anway.

Sanchez cutting in constantly creating something this season. Almost all good things we do in attacks is because of him. He is direct and has the execution to follow it up. I love him as a player. He is a grafter and keeps coming back at ya. His opponents never get rest. I wouldn't change a thing about him.

His best position? I think he can play anywhere in attack. There are two things that I feel makes him better. I think he benefits when he has pace and movement around him. I also think he would do better if new manager came in and we would become more solid team tactically. Better transition, more balanced midfield and plans in the attack might benefit him.

novarek

Best position is actually right wing, or a wing with the same role Theo has. Focused on smart movement and finishing, not dropping that deep and instead being of the receiving end of the world class linkup Giroud can provide

Unfortunately the next Henry has that role locked, even if we have enough material in Iwobi/Ox to at least try it out

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Best position is actually right wing, or a wing with the same role Theo has. Focused on smart movement and finishing, not dropping that deep and instead being of the receiving end of the world class linkup Giroud can provide

Unfortunately the next Henry has that role locked, even if we have enough material in Iwobi/Ox to at least try it out
Before the season starter I had Alexis down as our right winger and Iwobi as the left! I love what he brings from the right side, he is way less predictable from that side. However, I love him through the middle, he's like a through ball machine. I think that is where he belongs.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The honestly of the man... Just when you thought you couldn't hang off his balls for any longer. Just when you thought there could possibly be a better view somewhere else on earth...:drool:

Last edited:

Relic

"Strong people smile with a broken heart, they cry with the doors closed and fight battles that no one knows,"

Despite some media trying to stir up ****, it relates to his
cousin who passed away this week of a brain tumor.

If Alexis does not play this week you know why.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

"Strong people smile with a broken heart, they cry with the doors closed and fight battles that no one knows,"

Despite some media trying to stir up ****, it relates to his
cousin who passed away this week of a brain tumor.

If Alexis does not play this week you know why.

The media are ****ing **** in the UK, beyond ****ing ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom